Big oil and Alberta have to embrace change

sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Re: Big oil and Alberta have to embrace change

Post by sooperphreek »

rustled wrote:Whoa, don't encourage them, GB!

We've already seen how easy it was to get the blind supporters of "anything green" fuel sources parrotting "they're not using food grade corn" while completely disregarding how many food producers switched over to cash in on the bigger money crop for ethanol.

Let's not have them ignoring the consequences while trying to prove they can power the world with hemp oil.

do i smell right wing fear? it will be funny when a company has the gall and fortitude to do exactly that. with windmills and solar energy. and when that paradigm shift happens the people and companies and industries that force people to choose fossil fuel dependence will be scrambling.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

sooperphreek wrote:
do i smell right wing fear? .

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Sep 15th, 2016, 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal insult.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

sooperphreek wrote:
do i smell right wing fear? .

Ok, I will try again. No, you don't smell right wing fear. That's absurd. What Rustled was trying to do was to point out how much stupidity and waste there is in the solar and wind energy game, and how crazy and stupid the bio-fuel market is, in terms of waste of taxpayer money. And she did it very well.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

The Green Barbarian wrote:in terms of waste of taxpayer money.

i know your views on wasted tax money. i simply refuse to agree. the true waste is leveraging the government or system so there is no competition. if one industry deserves pork barrel so should other ones. let green industries have the subsidies and tax evasion fossil fuel companies have.
but instead it is easier to be juvenile and sing the same old song and dance of "no" and "its all your fault" and "20 years ago - you were bad and did things the way i didnt like". and then walk down the hallways like roid rage jocks stuffing anyone who doesnt agree or needs to be put in their place - like their locker.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 15th, 2016, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: stop taking the bait!
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

sooperphreek wrote:do i smell right wing fear? .

The Green Barbarian wrote:Ok, I will try again. No, you don't smell right wing fear. That's absurd. What Rustled was trying to do was to point out how much stupidity and waste there is in the solar and wind energy game, and how crazy and stupid the bio-fuel market is, in terms of waste of taxpayer money. And she did it very well.

Oh, gosh, I'm blushing, GB.

Soop, if you smell fear, I can assure you it's coming from under both my wings. That happens whenever I hear people suggesting we grow oil. Fear for our poorest people, those the left are supposed to care the most about, getting trampled once again under the far left's blind rush for the moral high ground.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

:135:
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

Balance. Why aren't we discussing that?
We can use oil.
We can use plant based oils.
We can use algae blooms for oil.
We can do many things, if we just learn about balance.

If we start dialoguing about balance, we might get to see that with balanced living, comes reduction in over-consumption. With balance, comes less division, more inclusion and maybe even a level of connection to our world around us and some disconnection from the technology based stimuli that keeps many people these days from developing their brain for the real world.

Balance offers opportunity to grow in directions best suited for the masses, the planet and our spiritual growth.
Balance engages our brains in ways that promote empathy, consideration, compassion and a host of other real human traits that we have been disregarding for far too long.

It would be more aligned with balance if we dissolved the corporate state we are living in/within.
So long as we are so easily spoon fed and so ready to stand in defense of that institution that enables us to be the junkies we are, we will never grow, and we will always live out of balance.

koyaanisqatsi
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

Graham Adder wrote:Balance. Why aren't we discussing that?
We can use oil.
We can use plant based oils.
We can use algae blooms for oil.
We can do many things, if we just learn about balance.

If we start dialoguing about balance, we might get to see that with balanced living, comes reduction in over-consumption. With balance, comes less division, more inclusion and maybe even a level of connection to our world around us and some disconnection from the technology based stimuli that keeps many people these days from developing their brain for the real world.

Balance offers opportunity to grow in directions best suited for the masses, the planet and our spiritual growth.
Balance engages our brains in ways that promote empathy, consideration, compassion and a host of other real human traits that we have been disregarding for far too long.

It would be more aligned with balance if we dissolved the corporate state we are living in/within.
So long as we are so easily spoon fed and so ready to stand in defense of that institution that enables us to be the junkies we are, we will never grow, and we will always live out of balance.

koyaanisqatsi

right wingers dont like "balance". they like to keep things simple. so they get rid of competition. rig the tax system. and make sure that only corporate interests are looked after. while the voters are just a minor inconvenience. like a fly being swatted at buzzing around your head.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Ok, I will try again. No, you don't smell right wing fear. That's absurd. What Rustled was trying to do was to point out how much stupidity and waste there is in the solar and wind energy game, and how crazy and stupid the bio-fuel market is, in terms of waste of taxpayer money. And she did it very well.

nice to see your only argument is based on money and nothing to do with what is goid for the earth and everything living on it .it is same misguided argument people make for dams .

facts a4e the world is moving past carbon fuels. how easy that is going to be for the oil addicts will depend on how yeavy the dependance is .
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Soop, if you smell fear, I can assure you it's coming from under both my wings. That happens whenever I hear people suggesting we grow oil. Fear for our poorest people, those the left are supposed to care the most about, getting trampled once again under the far left's blind rush for the moral high ground.

*removed* .fa cts are solar and wind are making a difference in countries like africa .*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 16th, 2016, 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: flaming/baiting
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

maryjane48 wrote:[ and nothing to do with what is goid for the earth

And yet everything you propose is toxic for the earth. By a large margin. So stop with the sanctimonious routine, you just make yourself look incredibly foolish.

facts a4e the world is moving past carbon fuels. .

facts are the world will move past "carbon fuels" (whatever the hell that is) when there is a more cost effective way to heat houses and for transportation. That's when they will move past it. Nuclear power is the only real alternative to "carbon fuels" and if you actually cared about the earth instead of pumping failed leftist ideology you would be pumping nuclear every chance you got.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

I promote nuclear. It doesn't work everywhere though. Some places can efficiently utilize wind, some places solar, some geothermal, some tidal, some hydro-electric. These all have their own pros and cons, which should be weighed appropriately.

For anywhere else there's coal or oil or natural gas as a last resort. But that's it, they should be last resorts and not the first go-to when there are cleaner less destructive alternatives.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

maryjane48 wrote:fa cts are solar and wind are making a difference in countries like africa

Facts are, we were specifically talking about growing hemp for oil, and how that would adversely affect world food prices, which would once again prove disastrous for the poorest people on this planet, just as it did with ethanol.

Why is it only convenient to champion the rights of those affected by poverty when bashing big business or corporations or governments? How is it that they become so invisible when the focus shifts to saving the Earth from fossil fuel?

Is it too much to hope that at some point, the people who use the poor when it's convenient to make poverty their platform will understand how horrible it is to blindly support green energy over the most basic needs of the poor?
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

You nailed it Rustled. Giving up food crops for these other things is worse for the people of the world than using oil.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.

Return to “Canada”