Trudeau ignores Canada in favour of UN glory

Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Trudeau ignores Canada in favour of UN glory

Post by Gone_Fishin »

September 19, 2016

Trudeau ignores Canada in favour of globalist glory at United Nations

Parliament has resumed but our Prime Minister is nowhere to be seen. He’s not here to answer questions from the lowly opposition MP’s elected to represent the people. Instead, he’s at the United Nations.

That could explain why at every turn he seems to want to hand over Canadian sovereignty to the UN.

Justin Trudeau is a globalist of the highest caliber who doesn’t believe in the nation state. He sees Canada as a post-nation state and doesn’t really think there’s such a thing as a Canadian identity any more.

Complete story: http://www.therebel.media/trudeau_ignor ... ed_nations
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Re: Trudeau ignores Canada in favour of UN glory

Post by Barney Google »

Could this be a case of lofty aspirations for personal gain?

Many Canadians and our country have concerns and our economy is struggling.

I'm troubled that it appears our PM is ignoring home based issues in favor of Global recognition.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

[icon_lol2.gif]
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

Omnitheo wrote:[icon_lol2.gif]

Yea we all can't stop laughing at JT either.
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rosemary1 »

And I would love to wipe that smirk off his face every time he is in front of a camera.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Barney Google wrote:Could this be a case of lofty aspirations for personal gain?

Many Canadians and our country have concerns and our economy is struggling.

I'm troubled that it appears our PM is ignoring home based issues in favor of Global recognition.

Everyone here knows who he is. He wants to be the darling outside our borders, too. His massive ego needs the attention of 7 billion, and he sure as hell doesn't care about Canada's well being.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Rosemary1 wrote:And I would love to wipe that smirk off his face every time he is in front of a camera.

Really? Having a happy, confident PM brings out anger in you?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Gone_Fishin wrote:Everyone here knows who he is. He wants to be the darling outside our borders, too. His massive ego needs the attention of 7 billion, and he sure as hell doesn't care about Canada's well being.

Well that doesn't sound like you know who he is at all. It just sounds bitter and mean.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

JLives wrote:Really? Having a happy, confident PM brings out anger in you?

Can't speak for anyone else, JLives...JT doesn't bring any anger out in me.

Just frustration and disgust that our 'happy, confident PM' appears to care more for the International stage than he

does about the Canadian economy or getting down to the nitty gritty of running this country and dealing with the

hard issues Canadians are facing here at home every day.

JT has proven he's a great International 'Canadian Face'...I'd now like to see this young man show us what kind

of Leader he is for the people of Canada by addressing the concerns Canadians face and struggle with every day.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

Gone_Fishin wrote:

Everyone here knows who he is. He wants to be the darling outside our borders, too. His massive ego needs the attention of 7 billion, and he sure as hell doesn't care about Canada's well being.
Agreed , everything this little schmuck does is about self branding and has absolutely nothing to do with the betterment of Canada.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

This is one of the Canadian issues I would like to see JT address...

"I'm not a guy from Calgary in suit ... I'm a roughneck. I'm a guy who has a job in Alberta whose livelihood has been threatened"...'There’s lots of guys in the field who have lost their jobs, but it’s not just the guys in the field'

http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/769564227721/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/p ... -1.3770965

Edited to add: Quote and link...
- Unknown
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

The dead horse of oil prices? Just how?

It is unfortunate that Alberta oil workers have been caught up in a maelstrom of global events, and very soon face the significant problems that will come from disruptive technology. There may be a short rally in oil, and that may help a few, but there is no solution available for the mid and long term.

I understand the angst of the Alberta oil workers, but there is little to be done except to look to develop other avenues.

Everything in the global context is stacking up against the Alberta oil/bitumen "party time". It isn't coming back. Thoughtful analysis by Bloomberg and others shows a declining demand for oil that will have a long term dampening effect. The Saudis, with much lower costs, are moving to increase export capacity and at the same time lock up market share in China. etc. etc.

The dream of "an export pipeline will bring back the good times" is just that, a pipe dream. What market is going to pay a premium for the inferior product dilbit??

So there is little that any government can do, except promote some value added from the existing industry, and not make any moves that will damage its position more. I suspect that is why the Liberals have broken their promise to eliminate all oil subsidies... which is an action of sorts to help Alberta.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

There are some that remember.

The apple didn't fall far from the tree.
Black Dogs Matter
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Too bad the Reformers/Conservatives were so ideologically intent on killing the NEP (instead of fixing it) that they killed the West to East pipeline that was in it... wouldn't Alberta love that now?
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

Rex Murphy on on JT's UN appearance:

As to the substance of his effusion, one would need an intellectual Geiger counter to find any. The speech was described by the National Post’s John Ivison as “thin as soup made from the carcass of a starving pigeon.” And that’s being generous.

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comme ... hless-body

Generous indeed, but easily understood. It's a challenge to find words to accurately describe the vacuousness of Trudeau's speeches.
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan

Return to “Canada”