Conservative outrage over their own targets

WafflesTasteGood

Re: Conservative outrage over their own targets

Post by WafflesTasteGood »

driveangry wrote:Whether or not climate change is natural, man made, or fictional isn't the point.

A carbon tax is nothing but a cash grab. It will do nothing to help any environmental concerns.

Would a carbon tax not make corporations reconsider their actions and try to move to more green technology or reduce thier carbon omissions? If not at least they are being fined for the harm they are causing the planet.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

If we didn't tackle acid rain 70's by US congress imposing strict emission regulations and other measures, things would've been far worse today same with CFC's in 80's things would've been worse, getting rid of leaded fuel, DDT, etc,etc,etc.
I we prove humans cause it we need to work towards ending it and possibly reversing it.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

LiamHaddock wrote:Well JT did say he was going to spend/run deficits.. He said they were going to take climate change seriously and they are... I guess "better" would be working harder on this issue and spending more money?
I'll let JT know he needs to be spending more on these issues because it's not good enough and we can do "better" "now"... why wait? JT open the wallet some more and let's really tackle this serious climate change issue :biggrin:

JT gave Canadians a figure of what kind of deficit he would be running....

Hummmm...I think he's a little over that amount. He and his buddies and budettes are spending like drunken fools.

I'd like him to take a break from his Globe trotting and International SCHMOOZING and deal with the Canadian economy.

And do so responsibly!!!
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

LiamHaddock wrote:
I'm glad you can admit the cons are just being hypocrital because its not them achieving the goals they set but the liberals that are going to achieve them.. thanks for clarifying that...[/b]

It has nothing to do with the Conservatives, this behaviour is not party specific - if the Liberals were the Opposing Party, they'd be doing the same.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

WafflesTasteGood wrote:Would a carbon tax not make corporations reconsider their actions and try to move to more green technology or reduce thier carbon omissions? If not at least they are being fined for the harm they are causing the planet.

To many variables, would depend on public perception on that company, cost comparative, effect on passing on the cost to the consumer.

Governments always find a way to give corporations a break and let the consumer and taxpayers pick up the cost.

Farmers, contractors, transit, logistics can pass on the cost.

Rural families, consumers and taxpayers will be hit the hardest.

Return to “Canada”