Canadian kicked out of class for refusing to criticize Trump

Wave101
Fledgling

Canadian kicked out of class for refusing to criticize Trump

Post by Wave101 »

Trent University student is kicked out of class because he refused to agree with the professors opinion about Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRuIvdbr1fU
Last edited by Wave101 on Sep 22nd, 2016, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Canadian kicked out of class for refusing to critisize T

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Wave101 wrote:Trent University student is kicked out of class because he refused to agree with the professors opinion about Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRuIvdbr1fU

That is awesome. This has to happen more often. The students have to stand up to the professors brain-washing them with leftist nonsense. Isn't freedom one of the bastions of our society? Just arbitrarily calling something "hate language" doesn't give you the right to just force people to bend to your will. It's just awful.

Watch this - and try not to get too angry if you actually value freedom:
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Canadian kicked out of class for refusing to criticize T

Post by dontrump »

yes that crazy blond in calgsry saying the make America great again hat was a form of hate speech and made her and others feel unsafe. man oh man this women is off her frigging rocker
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

this is a perfect example of a left liberal university teacher whom has no clue as to what hes teaching or preaching
its non of his business and the whole thing stinks. The guy(teacher) struck me as a very bigoted biased left at his best
RedViking

Post by RedViking »

I earned a university degree through the good graces of a billion different people and I never encountered any brain-washing by professors or leftist-nonsense. The professors lectured and that was it. It rarely was even possible to speak to the professors directly and one had to ask TAs questions.

Is it off-topic to ask why 90% of the posts on this website are are rants about communism, brain-dead leftists, and how climate change is a fairy tale?

Enough already. Professors aren't brain-washing people. That's a complete conspiracy theory and every rational person in the world knows it.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

RedViking wrote:I earned a university degree through the good graces of a billion different people and I never encountered any brain-washing by professors or leftist-nonsense. The professors lectured and that was it. It rarely was even possible to speak to the professors directly and one had to ask TAs questions.

Is it off-topic to ask why 90% of the posts on this website are are rants about communism, brain-dead leftists, and how climate change is a fairy tale?

Enough already. Professors aren't brain-washing people. That's a complete conspiracy theory and every rational person in the world knows it.

It's been a while but I recall my professors wanting us not to have quite critical thought, but critical thought as it agreed with them. Some hated when I or my group went against the desired "belief" but some could manage to respect that we did so with impeccable reasoning and logic and that our idea was sound. (for some 20 year olds)

Since then I have seen professors and sadly school teachers no longer look to the individual thinking, and more that they simply obey the opinion and beliefs and feelings of the professor/teacher and I am not impressed.

So the professor doesn't like trump, can't argue there, but to label millions of people is unprofessional and improper and telling someone to leave for disagreeing in an institution when THOUGH and DISCUSSION is supposed to be the goal is shameful. What id he changed "trump supporters" to Hillary supporters/BLM supporters/etc. Then everyone would be against him, but because it's a bigoted attitude towards someone else, he can be ignorant to millions of people.

It's shameful, and unprofessional, and sadly what most professors have become. Not teachers of knowledge and ability but lectures of "MY WAY"
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

RedViking wrote:I earned a university degree through the good graces of a billion different people and I never encountered any brain-washing by professors or leftist-nonsense. The professors lectured and that was it. It rarely was even possible to speak to the professors directly and one had to ask TAs questions.

you know what we all say about opinions so we wont go there my point is the guys obviously a Hillary loving left wing liberal and so be it ,but you can not kick a student out of a university class because he disagrees with the professors skewed biased bigoted point of view
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Oh no! It turns out he wasn't asked to leave because he wouldn't criticize Trump. He wasn't asked to leave because he disagreed with his "leftist" prof. He was asked to leave because the prof had a rule that you don't wear hats of any kind in his class. And nobody should wear a hat in a university class.

But don't let something like that get in the way of a good right wing rant. Gotta play that victim card every chance you get.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

bob vernon wrote:Oh no! It turns out he wasn't asked to leave because he wouldn't criticize Trump. He wasn't asked to leave because he disagreed with his "leftist" prof. He was asked to leave because the prof had a rule that you don't wear hats of any kind in his class. And nobody should wear a hat in a university class.

But don't let something like that get in the way of a good right wing rant. Gotta play that victim card every chance you get.

where is there a law or mandated rule that demands a student must agree with a professors bigoted(in this case) opinion or face eviction from class?????
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

This is why Trump is winning. The PC gang just continues to shoot itself in the foot, over and over again. They truly are their own worst enemies.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Sep 23rd, 2016, 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: flaming/baiting
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Walking Wounded
Übergod

Post by Walking Wounded »

Now where does it imply that both videos are the same person, if you actually listen to it he first video there is NO mention of a hat at all.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Different people at different universities. The first one happened at Trent University - the one with the hat happened at Calgary.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Anyhow since when is it the rightfull right of a immigrant university professor in a Canadian school to boot to start a ridiculous rant about Donald Trump.?? Don't we have better things to teach Canadian students over his obvious ill informed biased bigoted rant on trump
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I just love how the "left" is always associated with higher education by the righties.

This is still wrong, not really education if you can't introduce new ideas etc.

Return to “Canada”