Notley's delusions on carbon tax

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Notley's delusions on carbon tax

Post by The Green Barbarian »

sooperphreek wrote:
wall is a windbag and a liar

No he's not. You keep forgetting he's not an NDP premier. He's the only one standing up for Canadians. And thank goodness for that.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

standing up for his canadian buddies more like it . im sure all that oil that went into that river is helping out the folks who depeneded on it .
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

alfred2 wrote:You still need to hurt the environment to build ev/s, how does that help with other pollutants like airplanes.All that the carbon tax do is hurt the people that can not afford the increases in all products. Trudeaus airplane causes more pollution then all of the cars in the province. Get rid of airplanes and go back to ships and horse and buggy. All this tax is doing is being politically . :200: correct.You are kidding yourself that tax will help, more money for so called greens.

this is such a dum argument. yes there is damage being done. and yes EVs contribute in the short term. but that doesnt mean you shouldnt try to break away from what is wrong and build better products that wont do damage long term. tax isnt a savior. it is to curb and change behavior. wall and his buddies didnt do it themselves and now our leader is leading - and forcing the hand of wall and the other slow pokes that dragged their feet for 10 months. wall is a guy that governs 1.5 million people and is a blip in canadas population. but if you listen to him talk youd think he has a province of 30 mill.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

alfred2 wrote:You still need to hurt the environment to build ev/s, how does that help with other pollutants like airplanes.All that the carbon tax do is hurt the people that can not afford the increases in all products. Trudeaus airplane causes more pollution then all of the cars in the province. Get rid of airplanes and go back to ships and horse and buggy. All this tax is doing is being politically . :200: correct.You are kidding yourself that tax will help, more money for so called greens.

sooperphreek wrote:this is such a dum argument. yes there is damage being done. and yes EVs contribute in the short term. but that doesnt mean you shouldnt try to break away from what is wrong and build better products that wont do damage long term. tax isnt a savior. it is to curb and change behavior. wall and his buddies didnt do it themselves and now our leader is leading - and forcing the hand of wall and the other slow pokes that dragged their feet for 10 months. wall is a guy that governs 1.5 million people and is a blip in canadas population. but if you listen to him talk youd think he has a province of 30 mill.

Trouble is, some of the breakaway strategies have done far more harm than good.

That's the problem with fixating on a single part of the issue, and not paying attention to those who, like Wall, are trying to point out the consequences for these actions. BTW, it seems odd to presume that unless he's governing a certain number of people, he shouldn't bother to speak up for those he is governing.

As to whether or not our leader is leading, it seems to me he isn't leading at all, He's simply going along with the popular crowd, doing what's popular so the masses will applaud him today, not considering the consequences of his actions.

That's not leading, not in my book.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

when a leader hears that there is potential for grandstanding and drawing of battle lines with demands in a meeting and does a pre-emptive strike standing on commitments - that is leading. in the end trudeau is the leader of a g-power country. it wasnt by fluke that it happened. he beat guys that claimed to be leaders in commercials that couldnt get pipelines built and followed crowds into wars. as such i will say that i totally disagree with your assertions that trudeau isnt a leader. fact is that he is - whether people like it or not.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Yes, as I said elsewhere, he's leading his people over the cliff, and they're following quite willingly. That's excellent leadership in its own way.

Me, I prefer leaders who don't simply capitulate to whatever's popular, regardless of the consequences.

It's becoming pretty clear to me the things I particularly admired about PET aren't characteristics we'll see in his son. PET wasn't bothered with what was popular, and his finest moments were when he stood up to people who said "you can't do that". Imagine if JT had to go up against popular opinion about homosexual relationships or about how to handle it when people in his country kidnapped and murdered politicians.

Ah, well, different times, eh? Why not do what's popular, even when we know most of the resources we've dumped into it so far have actually been wasted on counterproductive measures that were actually bad for the environment? This is all just so dreamy, and it's ever so green.

It'll be interesting to see if Notley gets her way with forcing the pipeline issue here.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Trouble is, some of the breakaway strategies have done far more harm than good.

That's the problem with fixating on a single part of the issue, and not paying attention to those who, like Wall, are trying to point out the consequences for these actions. BTW, it seems odd to presume that unless he's governing a certain number of people, he shouldn't bother to speak up for those he is governing.

As to whether or not our leader is leading, it seems to me he isn't leading at all, He's simply going along with the popular crowd, doing what's popular so the masses will applaud him today, not considering the consequences of his actions.

That's not leading, not in my book.

*removed*

mr wall should resign tommrow for being stupid . btw clark backs the tax hahaha
Last edited by ferri on Oct 5th, 2016, 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: making it personal
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 5th, 2016, 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: making it personal
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

rustled wrote:Me, I prefer leaders who don't simply capitulate to whatever's popular, regardless of the consequences.

how can you possibly say that when we just had a guy you probably voted for 2 times follow the US through a messy terrorist war and endless operation? wasting billions on a war with no clear winning strategies. just drop bombs on people to topple a regime the US and allies didnt like so they could continue to destabilize an entire region and keep it that way. that is following a crowd. not the other way around.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

sooperphreek wrote:
this is such a dum argument. .

Actually it's not a "dum" argument. At all.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 5th, 2016, 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to removed post
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

rustled wrote:Me, I prefer leaders who don't simply capitulate to whatever's popular, regardless of the consequences.

sooperphreek wrote:how can you possibly say that when we just had a guy you probably voted for 2 times follow the US through a messy terrorist war and endless operation? wasting billions on a war with no clear winning strategies. just drop bombs on people to topple a regime the US and allies didnt like so they could continue to destabilize an entire region and keep it that way. that is following a crowd. not the other way around.

Look, the "that other guy did something worse" is an absolutely nonsense argument and I can't be bothered with it.

We all ought to expect the best from the people we elect. (BTW, I voted Liberal in the last two. JT's going to have to do better.)

Now, back to topic.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

what i said is absolutely relevant to the topic. this whole thing swirls around a carbon tax that was pushed federally. and in this case provincially with notley. who are both showing alot of leadership surrounding a hot button issue. and i admire the courage and fortitude despite cheerleaders high fiving eachother in forums for skewering them.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

not only that sooop clark backs it lol. thier goddess goes against them . shes pretty leftist when it comes to carbon hahaha
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

maryjane48 wrote:not only that sooop clark backs it lol. thier goddess goes against them . shes pretty leftist when it comes to carbon hahaha

insert total hypocritical high five here.... lol

Return to “Canada”