Carbon Tax

bentonhavin

Carbon Tax

Post by bentonhavin »

It is unfortunate that I cannot climb on the bandwagon that would be in favor of carbon taxation...from history of past government programs that uses taxes to curb what ails society, this is going to be just another cash cow for whatever sitting government that acquires their constituents hard earned wages for their own political agendas! ( In B.C., I.C.B.C.comes to mind) The biggest mistake any government could make is calling a new program with the word "tax" on the end!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Carbon Tax

Post by GordonH »

^^^ Exactly, Province of BC carbon tax brings into general revenue coffers just shy of $495,000,000 in 2015.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
icanthearyou
Fledgling

Post by icanthearyou »

bentonhavin wrote:It is unfortunate that I cannot climb on the bandwagon that would be in favor of carbon taxation...from history of past government programs that uses taxes to curb what ails society, this is going to be just another cash cow for whatever sitting government that acquires their constituents hard earned wages for their own political agendas! ( In B.C., I.C.B.C.comes to mind) The biggest mistake any government could make is calling a new program with the word "tax" on the end!

icbc earns its revenues from premiums, not taxation
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Return to “Canada”