CBC hides partisan Liberal hit job against CTF

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

CBC hides partisan Liberal hit job against CTF

Post by Rwede »

October 17, 2016

CBC hides partisan Liberal hit job against Canadian Taxpayers Federation

Liberal insider masquerades as op ed writer to attack CTF.

The Trudeau Liberals: rotten to the core.

http://www.therebel.media/cbc_hides_par ... federation
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
LiamHaddock
Übergod

Re: CBC hides partisan Liberal hit job against CTF

Post by LiamHaddock »

Wait a minute your telling me cbc is liberal leaning in their biases and had a liberal write an opinion piece?

The Rebel is nothing but right wring conservative rambling and opinion pieces most of the time...

Different opinions are good and fun to see why people are getting worked up...

If you don't like opinions that disagree with you, the rebel is probably the perfect "news" site for you to focus on..

I know....but the difference is CBC gets government funding... that doeset mean their reporters shouldnt be able to write an opinion peice...it's being written as an opinion, not fact or as a news story... simply one person's opinion.....

:popcorn:
LiamHaddock
Übergod

Post by LiamHaddock »

Thanks for letting us know about the cbc opinion peice though I hadn't read it and some good points made...

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/manitoba/canadian-taxpayer-federation-opinion-lamont-1.3802441

Instead, it has supporters — about 90,000 of them, who, like followers on Facebook, can like, comment, answer surveys and make donations, but they have no actual say in how the organization is run.

Why does this matter?

While the CTF's mandate is to hold elected officials to account, who holds the CTF's five members to account? Each other. Who decides who else can become a member? They do. It should be no surprise that the CTF has, as a result, faced accusations of being an Astroturf organization — a fake grassroots organization.

This has clearly struck a nerve, and on Aug. 22, 2014 CTF spokesman Scott Hennig

Hennig says voting memberships aren't allowed because the CTF was "designed by its founders to prevent a takeover by hostile groups."

The resulting "lean" organization doesn't get "bogged down in meetings, procedures and elections," which he considers a waste of donors' money.

Defining taxpayers as the only people who matter has real and serious consequences for policy.

It is not a politically neutral position: it is a fairly radical right-wing ideology that drives inequality by making the rich richer while neglecting the poor.

That is why the CTF's real membership of five people matters, as does its ideology. We don't have to care what they think, but we should be clear on just where they are coming from.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

The Rebel isn't hiring and hiding any conservative or other operatives, like the CBC is.

I don't think you comprehended the point of the piece, and Trudeau still hasn't legalized pot for you.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 18th, 2016, 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Rwede wrote:The Rebel isn't hiring and hiding any conservative or other operatives, like the CBC is.

I don't think you comprehended the point of the piece, and Trudeau still hasn't legalized pot for you.

sounds like good bond movie .let us know when its going be released
LiamHaddock
Übergod

Post by LiamHaddock »

Rwede wrote:The Rebel isn't hiring and hiding any conservative or other operatives, like the CBC is.

LOL how is cbc hiding liberal operatives???

Anyone surprised CBC is left leaning?

It was an opinion piece with valid points... I still don't see why you feel it is wrong for CBC to have a journalist write an opinion piece?

I watched the rebel video shared and seemed like they were just whining that cbc is government funded and is having opinion pieces now and shocker some of those opinions are liberal leaning lol....

I don't listen to opinion pieces on the rebel and get shocked when it's right wing ranting you should expect liberal bias from cbc especially in an opinion piece.

Our government currently is liberal and majority of Canadians voted liberal.. if the majority is liberal left leaning I'd expect more opinions and articles to be left leaning not saying it's right but it's hard to be an unbiased writer so if most of the writers are liberal left leaning or right leaning conservative at any one news organization, articles and opinions will most likely tend to lean one way or another more often depending on the makeup of the organization.

News pieces should try to be as unbiased as possible but opinion articles are just that... opinions and journalists should be able to voice their opinion...

As for pot its already legal for me (medical) and next year it will be for all adults! :130:
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

CTFers are just a bunch of right-wing extremists who hate everything. They're cranky, real good and cranky, about pretty much everything. If there isn't something to work up a good hate about, they'll make up something to rile themselves up. Hate is their normal emotional state and they'll say anything to get there. Here in Canada, they always blame the messenger, in this case the CBC, for bad news.

In the US, they're fertile ground for Trump.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

bob vernon wrote:CTFers are just a bunch of right-wing extremists

Really? I wonder why they relentlessly rode Harper's *bleep*. Are you trying to tell us Harper is a lefty, or are you just being obtuse?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

if right wingers hate taxes so much why do they stay in a place that makes them suffer so much? im sure they can find peace and tranquility in many other locals. these locals probably come with sunnier weather and a maid to work to the bone for peanuts. and they will be able to open carry guns being free as a bird.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 19th, 2016, 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

sooperphreek wrote:if right wingers hate taxes so much why do they stay in a place that makes them suffer so much? .

why do the leftists keep babbling about how much RW's hate taxes so much? This is just a pile of stinky poop. What anyone should hate, regardless of their political leanings, is excessive taxation for little to no return. Look at Apple. One of the most leftists companies in the world, with a gay CEO and an enviro-nut on their board in the form of the bozo Al Gore. And yet they pay almost zero tax in the US, and all of their money is earned in lower tax districts. Why does Apple stay in a place that makes them suffer so much? They don't. Because of idiotic tax policies. That's why.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Muzza
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Muzza »

if right wingers hate taxes so much why do they stay in a place that makes them suffer so much? im sure they can find peace and tranquility in many other locals.

Don't worry. I am in the process of planning to move me and my company out of Canada in a few years, and hire employees in, and pay my taxes to, a different country.

Return to “Canada”