The NDP Beats the Rhinocerous Party... barely

Glacier
The Pilgrim

The NDP Beats the Rhinocerous Party... barely

Post by Glacier »

The NDP is in really bad shape. If a Federal election were held today, they would win as little as 1 seat in all of Canada, and that's in BC.

They're so low, that they're in tough against the Rhinos.

Federal by-election results:

theNDPisNFG.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Nasturtium
Board Meister

Re: The NDP Beats the Rhinocerous Party... barely

Post by Nasturtium »

Very big win for the Conservatives in Medicine Hat
We leak as rivers
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Glacier wrote:The NDP is in really bad shape. If a Federal election were held today, they would win as little as 1 seat in all of Canada, and that's in BC.

They're so low, that they're in tough against the Rhinos.

Federal by-election results:

theNDPisNFG.jpg

Yup the NDP is a joke, but I do agree they'd win the Vancouver East riding no matter what. *removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 26th, 2016, 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: baiting
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Nasturtium wrote:Very big win for the Conservatives in Medicine Hat

Yeah even with our *removed* PM taking a tour through the riding to help campaign for the Liberal candidate during the by-election. Is that even legal? *removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 26th, 2016, 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 26th, 2016, 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 26th, 2016, 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

This thread is not about the Conservatives. Anything less that 70% in that riding would be a failure for them. Their result was meh. The Liberals did quite well though, but really what I'm wondering about is the NDP. As of right now they are to the point that they could hold as many seats in Parliament as the Greens if an election were held today.

I suspect that moving forward that the traditional NDP voters will move back to the NDP because many of my NDP friends who voted Liberal last time are started to get a little uneasy with Trudeau, namely with his willingness to approve pipelines and his unwillingness to fulfill his promise toward electoral reform.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

Glacier wrote:I suspect that moving forward that the traditional NDP voters will move back to the NDP because many of my NDP friends who voted Liberal last time are started to get a little uneasy with Trudeau, namely with his willingness to approve pipelines and his unwillingness to fulfill his promise toward electoral reform.

Which incidentally are the same reasons why I might be persuaded to feel slightly less uneasy with him (very slightly mind you).
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Glacier wrote:
I suspect that moving forward that the traditional NDP voters will move back to the NDP because many of my NDP friends who voted Liberal last time are started to get a little uneasy with Trudeau, namely with his willingness to approve pipelines and his unwillingness to fulfill his promise toward electoral reform.

Yes - that's why the Liberals will leak back support to the NDP eventually. The booing and jeering JT took *removed* the other day is just symptomatic of the *removed* leftist class in Canada. They will become disenchanted when (SURPRISE) Justin shows that the Liberals aren't much different than the Conservatives and are not really going to push all of their *removed* leftist ideals, because, well, if they were to start implementing their *removed* ideals this country would head down into the toilet pretty freaking quickly.
Last edited by ferri on Oct 26th, 2016, 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 26th, 2016, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 26th, 2016, 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

*stay on topic please!* :-X
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 26th, 2016, 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: try again without baiting
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

*if i have to come back and clean this thread again there are going to be a few people in a whole heap of trouble. Stop baiting and stay on topic.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Not to feed the Trudeau hate out there but believe there is growing discontent with the Liberals by the actual "liberal/progressive" voter that put them in.

Things to watch for :

- voting reform. Will he pass it off or try to slip in some other terrible voting system? Lot's of talk right now about how it's looking like he's trying to go back on it.

- marijuana legalization. Many feel that he will be handing it off to his corporate buddies and we will go from a state of illegal prohibition to monopoly-protection prohibition. If he screws this up, which it looks like he might, his support will lag.

- support for TPP. Everyone was so hyped to get Harper and the Niqab-fear tossed out that they didn't see the big picture. Liberals fully support TPP which is 100% for the business class and wage suppression.

- TFW's. Liberals are taking in as many as the Harper government and want more.

NDP was very strong going into election. Watch and wait. Don't expect people to flock to the right and go running back to the Con's should they reject the Liberals.

http://i1.wp.com/mackaycartoons.net/wp- ... jpg?w=1008
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller

Return to “Canada”