Hey Liberals, leave our internet alone!

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Hey Liberals, leave our internet alone!

Post by The Green Barbarian »

whatwhat wrote:
Well hey, if people can't afford a few extra bucks for their Netflix maybe they shouldn't have Netflix. Or just move somewhere cheaper right so they can afford to enjoy their life a little bit??
!

Isn't that always the apologist way - if you don't like being screwed over by idiotic taxes for no reason, then just don't buy the service. Brilliant argument, and a great way to tank the entire economy. Just make everything insanely expensive with stupid taxes, and watch as no one buys anything. Just perfect.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Isn't that always the apologist way - if you don't like being screwed over by idiotic taxes for no reason, then just don't buy the service. Brilliant argument, and a great way to tank the entire economy. Just make everything insanely expensive with stupid taxes, and watch as no one buys anything. Just perfect.

Well just using the righties own argument.

The righties LOVE telling people in Kelowna if they can't afford to live here just move, to cut back on expenses, and too stop making excuses. But as soon as they go to place a tax on Netflix and it impacts your life, you suddenly become concerned over the raising cost of things.

There is already taxes on entertainment products anyways, such as books, DVD's, CD's, going to the movies etc. I am surprised that Netflix wasn't already taxed. Unless the government decides to tax Netflix by %200 it's never going to become "insanely expensive".
hail Satan y'all
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

i hope they raise it more for folks who voted conservative
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

for being ndp you will get it free, that is how you think. then you want us to payforit. :-X
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Spending all the money and then some is certainly not exclusive to Liberal governments. The big question is what are you going to do about it? Preferably something other than whining, but if that's all you've got then go with your strength.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 28th, 2016, 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Oct 28th, 2016, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

Return to “Canada”