O'Leary speaks out on Trudeau.

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

O'Leary speaks out on Trudeau.

Post by Ken7 »

A Message From Kevin O'Leary

Seven international trips in six months, and this is the mess Justin Trudeau has foisted on Canada.

You don't have to have a Masters degree in Economics to know we are in quick sand, and are sinking, fast.

TORONTO --- Our economy is now measured in "dollarettes" and "massive debt" and Canadian businessman Kevin O'Leary predicts if it keeps up, the Liberals may start thinking
about replacing Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. "I think there could be a competition for leadership in the Liberal party because tax and spend is a really dumb idea in a country of no growth," the Shark Tank star told my Newstalk 1010 show, the Late Shift.
"I don't think Justin Trudeau will have a long tenure." Canada's economy is bleeding to death, he said, and the government is sticking in more knives. "I can't believe what is happening to my country," the investor and entrepreneur said from an investment
conference in Florida. "It's going to zero fast. This is malfeasance."

Just a couple of weeks removed from trial-ballooning the idea of running for the Conservative leadership, he warns Canada is becoming the laughing stock of the business world.
Nobody will invest here while governments talk of multibillion-dollar deficit budgets and continue to slap business-killing regulations on growth potential, O'Leary said. "The world has figured out in the past nine months that (Alberta NDP Premier) Rachel
Notley has no idea what she is doing," he said. "Her government is killing that province. She is totally clueless and she is killing this country. I think Canadians should get on their knees and beg her to take a holiday." Ontario's pension plan "is a bad
idea," he said, as are the cap-and-trade discussions. "It's scary," O'Leary said of all the job losses and business closures. "It is becoming a Third World banana republic." And there's no voice of reason in Ottawa to counter the provincial trends.

"We now have a new a federal problem," he said. "Finance Minister (Bill) Morneau is a good guy by most metrics, but a $30-billion deficit budget is a big problem. Everybody
down here is freaked out." As are Canadian investors, who CIBC reported this week have placed $75 billion in cash on the sidelines instead of investing in Canadian business. The reason? "The deficit was supposed to be $10 billion but now they are talking
$30 billion. As a Canadian taxpayer, I don't want my government to spend $30 billion by themselves. They don't have the talent to do that. They need to draw in the private sector." With that kind of debt on the books," O'Leary warns, "outsiders will look
to other countries to risk their money. You want to know why the Canadian dollar is collapsing? It's because nobody will invest," he said.

And young people he teaches are telling him they have little confidence about the future. "They want to leave Canada, don't want to be paid in dollarettes and pay 58.5% tax,"
he said. "They don't think they have a future here." He says foreign investors feel the same way. "I am pitching Canada and they are not buying," he said. "I can't get a foreign investor to invest in Canada and I am the best salesman you've got." O'Leary
said talk of him running for office with a slate of people who could help fix the country is still a long way off. "I am just glad we are having this conversation now before it's lost," he said. "As a Canadian citizen, I am depressed. We need some leadership
right away." If we don't get some, he asks: "When do they bring the torches up to the castle and set it on fire?"

If you care......pass is on.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Re: O'Leary speaks out on Trudeau.

Post by Barney Google »

It would prolly be the best thing n ever so pretty to wish for but

the Liberals will never give up their Flashy Pretty Pony Boy.

Broken promises, fool hearty decisions, International (married) Playboy Super Star status/attention

and spend, spend, spend...but who cares? It's a Party!!!

Sadly,Canada will be paying for this for decades.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

If Kevin O'Leery thinks we are on the wrong track...then we must be on the right track!
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rosemary1 »

Impression from watching JT in action:

He's good at taking credit for things that were already underway by previous government. (European trade deal, paris agreement, pacific trade deal to name three, ship building deal).

He's good at prefacing anything else or repealing things with the predictable jab at previous government for not doing the same

He's good at justifying and defending anything that is questionable with "this is what Canadians want" us to do

He's good at travelling the world with a pocket full of cheques for everyone

He's good at putting on a smiley face on world stage and for selfies

He's not as good at hiding his arrogance when asked challenging questions in parliament question period. He notably bristles, providing same old non-answers and political double speak. His annoyance and impatience is very clear.
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

Who really cares what that arrogant, bald asshat, Kevin O'Leary thinks anyways?
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

OREZ wrote:Who really cares what that arrogant, bald asshat, Kevin O'Leary thinks anyways?

yeah he's just going to tell you that amassing giant debts due to insane spending on lunatic ideas is a bad thing, and that conflicts with your personal views as determined from inside your liberal media echo chamber, so lets never listen to any opposing view points. Ever.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
OREZ
Lord of the Board

Post by OREZ »

The Green Barbarian wrote:yeah he's just going to tell you that amassing giant debts due to insane spending on lunatic ideas is a bad thing, and that conflicts with your personal views as determined from inside your liberal media echo chamber, so lets never listen to any opposing view points. Ever.

You have no idea what my views are except that I don't respect Kevin O'Leary's assessment of government policy based on his experience of being in a reality TV show.

I consider opposing viewpoints far more willingly than you ever have or will.

And, mods; Can we have a moratorium on the phrase "echo chamber?" This is getting really monotonous.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true."
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

He's good at taking credit for things that were already underway by previous government. (European trade deal, paris agreement, pacific trade deal to name three, ship building deal).

every govt does , not sure why this would be a complaint and in fact i guarantee you wont find a thread when harpar took office complaining about this

He's good at prefacing anything else or repealing things with the predictable jab at previous government for not doing the same

again it is what every govt does .

He's good at justifying and defending anything that is questionable with "this is what Canadians want" us to do
he was voted in on things he said he would do , so i again fail to see any surprises there

He's good at travelling the world with a pocket full of cheques for everyone
which is good for canada if done with a i scratch yours typa deals . isnt that what trump says hes going to do?

He's good at putting on a smiley face on world stage and for selfies
i dunno about you but i would give him a good selfie :P

He's not as good at hiding his arrogance when asked challenging questions in parliament question period. He notably bristles, providing same old non-answers and political double speak. His annoyance and impatience is very clear.

so we not want confident leaders ? i dont remember you complaining about harper shutting down goverment
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

The Liberal media echo chamber is reverberating with Trudeau's confusion and corruption these days, and it's doing a 180. Trudeau's the laughing stock of the free world (and also the not so free world), the love affair is getting monotonous, and the fanbois have run out of excuses for his stupidity.

When even the far left MacLean's magazine is questioning Trudeau's efficacy, and the CBC starts trying to catch up with the more balanced media on Trudeau's mess, you know we have a major problem on our hands.

O'Leary is the anti-Christ for Trudeau. O'Leary has all the intelligence and common sense that Trudeau is lacking. O'Leary speaks calmly and smoothly, a quality of a good leader who knows his subject matter, and he makes the stuttering, umm err ahh Trudeau look like a terrified school boy in the principal's office.

Trudeau's world is quickly collapsing around him. He's in for a rough ride, O'Leary notwithstanding.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

OREZ wrote:
You have no idea what my views are

well you called him an arrogant bald asshat, so really, it's pretty clear you are pretty comfortable residing in your liberal media echo chamber.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Rwede wrote:The Liberal media echo chamber is reverberating with Trudeau's confusion and corruption these days, and it's doing a 180. Trudeau's the laughing stock of the free world (and also the not so free world), the love affair is getting monotonous, and the fanbois have run out of excuses for his stupidity.

Exactly.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

O'Leery has common sense and intelligence??? [icon_lol2.gif]
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 30th, 2016, 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 30th, 2016, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Mr. O'Leary is treading the well worn path to Canadian political success, placing the blame for our current situation on the current government and rise to power on a wave of discontent with no real solutions in hand. How many times have we watched this strategy play out?
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Canada”