Trump chant in Alberta?

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Trump chant in Alberta?

Post by The Green Barbarian »

frazdog wrote:So conservative and liberal parties have never implemented policies that hurt taxpayers? .

Yes. The Carbon Tax is a prime example, that Trudeau should be held accountable for, as well as Gordon Campbell. Just awful policies. But we are talking specifically about the NDP hurting taxpayers, and how saying "lock them up" is wrong, as our jails would be full of NDP politicians if this were actually implemented. So this is why I actually agree with the Team NDP gang here that chanting this slogan about the NDP is wrong. If you want to talk about other parties, feel free, but I was specifically talking about the NDP, as they were the target of the "lock her up" chant in this specific case.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

the reason it is wrong because it displays a lack of class and professionalism that we expect from elected officials.and it goes against our charter of rights and freedoms , the thing that defines canada as a country .
frazdog
Fledgling

Post by frazdog »

Nice try GB. The lock her up chant is specifically about Ms. Notley, just as the chant in the US was about Ms. Clinton and not all democratic politicians. Still can't figure out how an university educated person as yourself can make the leap to our 'jails would be full of NDP politicians.' By the way they only do that sort of thing in repressive regimes.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 5th, 2016, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

frazdog wrote: Still can't figure out how an university educated person as yourself can make the leap to our 'jails would be full of NDP politicians.' .

Then you should read my posts again. It's pretty straight-forward. The NDP are responsible for a lot of bad policy and terrible debt. There is a reason why they are usually punted after only one term, or if they make it to two terms like the did in BC, they are practically wiped out. But even if they are awful at governing and responsible for insanely stupid policy decisions, like the decision by Clark and Dix to bend over for the BCTF in 1998, I don't support locking them up. Or chanting such things about the NDP.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

maryjane48 wrote:the reason it is wrong because it displays a lack of class and professionalism that we expect from elected officials.and it goes against our charter of rights and freedoms , the thing that defines canada as a country .

So I assume that you also were extremely angry with David Suzuki when he called for the PM and the Premier of Alberta to be put in jail? He also was going against our charter of rights and freedoms, the thing that defines Canada as a country.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/02/02 ... 43278.html
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

lol i don't remember your buddy suzuki running for office in alberta
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

maryjane48 wrote:lol i don't remember your buddy suzuki running for office in alberta

LOL - nice deflection! Answer the question!
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

lol ok yes i would disagree with suzuki , i think folks should be allowed a trial before any calls for jail incase someones wrong .
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

maryjane48 wrote:lol ok yes i would disagree with suzuki , .

Thank you. Was that so hard?
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

Notley responds:

'Lock her up' reflects 'ugly edge' in politics: Premier Rachel Notley

Alberta Premier Rachel Notley said Tuesday she believes "Lock her up" chants directed at her during a weekend anti-carbon tax rally in Edmonton don't represent the beliefs of a majority of Canadians or Albertans.
"I think that there's a bit of an ugly edge to politics that's developing," Notley told CBC News in Vancouver.
"But I still believe that — as a Canadian — that this is a very small minority of people."
The premier's comments mark the first time she has spoken out on the weekend incident.
Notley said the chant likely came from an "extreme right, right-wing" group, and that the chant "goes against the heart of Canadian values."
"I'm confident that most citizens reject that kind of politics," she told CBC News in Vancouver.
"Most Albertans and most Canadians understand why democratically-elected politicians should be able to do their job without the kinds of threats that were embedded in that particular chant."

<snip>

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/ ... -1.3883842
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

Alberta Carbon rebates

Carbon rebates
Rebates will be provided to lower- and middle-income Albertans to offset costs associated with the carbon levy.
60% of households will get a full rebate: $200 for an adult, $100 for a spouse and $30 for each child under 18 (up to four children). Single parents can claim the spouse amount for one child, and the child amount for up to 4 more children.
Full rebates will be provided to single Albertans who earn $47,500 or less, and couples and families who earn $95,000 or less. An additional 6% of households will receive a partial rebate.

http://www.alberta.ca/climate-carbon-pr ... spx#p184s3
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Last edited by ferri on Dec 8th, 2016, 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed youtube link

Return to “Canada”