Trudeau skips out from QP more than he attends

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Trudeau skips out from QP more than he attends

Post by Rwede »

Trudeau Skipped More Question Periods Than He Attended In First Year As PM

Posted: 12/06/2016 8:28 am EST Updated: 12/06/2016 8:39 am EST

OTTAWA — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau missed more question periods than he attended during his first year in office — skipping 58 per cent of the daily sessions where MPs try to hold the government’s feet to the fire, an analysis by The Huffington Post Canada shows.

The Liberal leader ducked 69 of the 118 QPs held from Dec. 7, 2015, to Dec. 3, 2016. That’s more than former prime minister Stephen Harper missed during the first year of his majority mandate. Harper bailed on 46 per cent — 60 of 130 — of the question periods held from June 6, 2011, to June 1, 2012.

Approximately two-thirds of the time — 63 per cent, to be precise — Trudeau had a good reason to miss the daily to and fro of the House of Commons. He was in New York City to address the United Nations General Assembly, for example, or on his way to Cuba for a bilateral visit, or in Montreal with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang to meet representatives of the Montreal Canadiens hockey team.

But 36 per cent of the time, Trudeau chose not to attend the 2:15 p.m. question period for reasons that were less obvious.

On Monday, for example, Trudeau was in Ottawa but not at question period. His office decided to schedule an event, a coding workshop with high school students, at 2:15 p.m. at Shopify, a nine-minute walk away from the House of Commons.

“In our system, the highest manifestation of democratic accountability is the forum of Parliament,” Trudeau wrote to his ministers last November. “You are accountable to Parliament for the exercise of the powers, duties and functions with which you have been entrusted. This requires you to be present in Parliament to answer honestly and accurately about your areas of responsibility,” he said.

“Ministers must be prepared to explain and defend the government’s policies and actions before Parliament at all times,” the prime minister added.

"If the prime minister is in town and schedules an event at the precise time question period starts, that's a pretty clear signal that he doesn’t want to attend,” Rankin said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/12/06 ... 54956.html
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Trudeau skips out from QP more than he attends

Post by The Green Barbarian »

and when he is there, he just elbows people in the boobs.

Has he made an appearance since he made Canada a laughing-stock with that Castro statement? I would bet no, as he doesn't want to be heckled and laughed at in the House, as his ego and his temper couldn't handle it.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Pat-Taporter
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Pat-Taporter »

Maybe in the end it's the smell.

Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Rwede wrote:Trudeau Skipped More Question Periods Than He Attended In First Year As PM

:-X Who the hell does he think he is? Stephen Harper?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

im kinda hoping jt does some perogging to lol :smt045
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

maryjane48 wrote:im kinda hoping jt does some perogging to lol :smt045

What is, "perogging"? It doesn't even Google.
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

lol halt parlement
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

maryjane48 wrote:lol halt parlement

Why didn't say that?
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rosemary1 »

Way more fund to be a speaker and guest at an event than having to answer hard questions during questions period - something he seems to have little patience for and clearly does not enjoy.

Since he deflects most direct questions with non-answers anyway, his attendance at questions period is of little value.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

While I think JT and his hapless band of unaccountable spending fools need to be called on the carpet for their Tom foolishness it sickness me to see and hear Canada's Ken Doll Boy Toy PM stutter and stammer and ahhh and ummm his way through his bumbling excuses and idiotic reasonings.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Uhh, errr, uhmmm...

Question Period is hard! Harder than math!

Angry Tom trips the idiot Trudeau. Trudeau incriminates himself about lying, then talks about a completely different subject.

Did you lie about first past the post? Uhh, err, yes. Err, let's invest in coding.

Who the hell voted for such an incompetent moron?

https://www.facebook.com/GlobalNews/vid ... nref=story

When the NDP eats you for lunch, you know you suck REALLY BAD!
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Trudeau missed question period again on Tuesday — the time set aside each day for MPs to hold the government accountable. Trudeau was on Parliament Hill at noon placing flowers in remembrance of the victims of Montreal’s École Polytechnique shooting rampage.

He then addressed the Assembly of First Nations’ special chiefs assembly across the river from the House of Commons at 1:30 p.m. Question period usually begins at 2:15 p.m.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/12/06 ... 67022.html

I suppose we shouldn't be surprised that the guy who won an election based mainly on photo ops, still thinks that's the best way to win public support, rather than do the job he was elected to do. But personally I agree with the following sentiment:

Rankin and Bergen said they accept the prime minister will be absent for reasons of foreign or domestic travel, but, when he is in Ottawa, Trudeau should be in the Commons.

“We understand if he is out of town, if he has meetings in different parts of the country, obviously he can’t be in two different places at one time. But when he is in Ottawa, I don’t think it is unreasonable to expect the prime minister to be at question period a few times a week,” the Tory house leader said.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Merry wrote: I suppose we shouldn't be surprised that the guy who won an election based mainly on photo ops, still thinks that's the best way to win public support, rather than do the job he was elected to do.

Indeed. Who in hell were the goofs who kept making excuses for Harper’s failed policies and failing to hold him to account for such a pitiable effort of an election campaign leaving most Canadians with no choice but to vote for anyone but?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Ka-El wrote:Indeed. Who in hell were the goofs who kept making excuses for Harper’s failed policies and failing to hold him to account for such a pitiable effort of an election campaign leaving most Canadians with no choice but to vote for anyone but?

Indeed. Who were the goofs dramatically misrepresenting Harper's policies as "failed" and arguing that the man-child Justin was ready for a majority?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Topic: Trudeau skips out from QP more than he attends <---- :smt045
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein

Return to “Canada”