Ezra Levant Loses Appeal

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Ezra Levant Loses Appeal

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Pat-Taporter wrote:
Golly, doesn't saying that kind of bring one down to his level?

Not really. And it sure feels good. It is disgusting to operate the way Suzuki does. Just awful.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

In 2010, Ezra Levant, now a Sun News pundit, accused George Soros of having been a child Nazi collaborator. Soros threatened to sue. Sun News responded: “The management of Sun Media wishes to state that there is no basis for the statements in the column and they should not have been made.” The same year, Ezra made a series of libellous comments about a Canadian Human Rights Commission lawyer, for which Ezra was forced to pay tens of thousands of dollars in damages.

Ezra also attacked a Muslim law student as a “money-grubbing liar,” an anti-Semite, a perjurer and an “illiberal Islamic fascist.” All of this was about as true as Mr. Levant’s claim that Ron Ghitter was ashamed of being an Albertan. This week, a judge ruled that there is “ample evidence before me demonstrating express malice on the part of [Mr. Levant]. [He] did little or no fact-checking regarding the posts complained of, either before or after their publication … I find that [Mr. Levant’s] dominant motive in these blog posts was ill will [toward the Muslim law student], and that his repeated failure to take even basic steps to check his facts showed a reckless disregard for the truth.”

https://www.google.ca/amp/news.national ... id-samsung

looks to me like ezra just likes to use his sheeple to pay for his defence . he just uses people for his own selfgratifaction . pt barnum would be proud . for we all know his famous saying :smt045
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

maryjane48 wrote:looks to me like ezra just likes to use his sheeple to pay for his defence . he just uses people for his own selfgratifaction . pt barnum would be proud . for we all know his famous saying :smt045

I don't know, "his famous saying". What is it? Who is "barnum"?
Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^PT Barnum quote:

There's a sucker born every minute."

https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=ch ... um%20quote

And the suckers are those who listen, read and support Ezra Levant.
Chill
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Well, we'll see what the Canadian Supreme Court has to say on this.

Yup.

New: Ezra Levant's libel appeal denied by Supreme Court

Rebel Media co-founder was ordered to pay $80K in damages to Saskatchewan lawyer Khurrum Awan in 2014

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/e ... -1.4151925
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

"I find that the defendant's dominant motive in these blog posts was ill will, and that his repeated failure to take even basic steps to check his facts showed a reckless disregard for the truth," Matheson wrote in her decision.

Something Ezra and his followers both share in common.

Sadly it's unlikely this will come from Ezra's own pocket. Likely he'll do what he did to fund his court cases: run a town hall and convince gullible unemployed conservatives to donate money to him.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

flamingfingers wrote:^^PT Barnum quote:

There's a sucker born every minute."

https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=ch ... um%20quote

And the suckers are those who listen, read and support Ezra Levant.

Actually, there's no evidence whatsoever to suggest that PT Barnum ever uttered that phrase.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

There's even less evidence that goes into most Rebel Media content
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Ub2
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ub2 »

Omnitheo wrote:There's even less evidence that goes into most Rebel Media content

Of course you can supply examples of this lack of evidence.
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

Take your time with these.

Spot the

False claim.

http://www.therebel.media/john_is_a_liar

False evidence.

This type of thing with the REBEL has become a sport. :biggrin:
Ub2
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ub2 »

Altered evidence, false evidence as opposed to what?
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

Ub2 wrote:Altered evidence, false evidence as opposed to what?

The truth.
Ub2
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ub2 »

Please, indicate where is the truth, and where is the falsehood from the examples you provided, I must have missed it.
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

Ub2 wrote:Please, indicate where is the truth, and where is the falsehood from the examples you provided, I must have missed it.

The best way to tell if Ezra is twisting the truth or lying is if his lips are moving :biggrin:

Return to “Canada”