"Pitching 'Trudeau brand'"?

Barney Google
Lord of the Board

"Pitching 'Trudeau brand'"?

Post by Barney Google »

"Trudeau brand"? I just threw up in my mouth a little...lol

"Canadian bureaucrats pondered using the personal "brand" of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to sell the world on the merits of the country's return to peacekeeping, The Canadian Press has learned.

Using the prime minister's personal appeal was seen by senior foreign ministry officials as one of the possible "framing" techniques for explaining Canada's decision to devote more military resources to United Nations peacekeeping operations..."

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#184732

Canada's peace keeping role/image was viewed World wide long before JT was born.

I do NOT agree that the 'Trudeau brand' is something the World will respect nor what Canadians as a whole want.

He is far better known internationally as a "Celebrity Prince Pretty Face" you can get your photo taken with than a

Leader of peace keeping.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: "Pitching 'Trudeau brand'"?

Post by maryjane48 »

I do NOT agree that the 'Trudeau brand' is something the World will respect nor what Canadians as a whole want.

and thats your opinion and nothing more , where as real world data does show since harper got the boot , canada does looked better in eyes of the world .
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

I don't care for this kind of shallow thinking. I never liked it when Harper had communications people refer to "The Harper Government" instead of "The Government of Canada", and I don't care for any attempt to brand things as "The Trudeau Government" either.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:and thats your opinion and nothing more , where as real world data does show since harper got the boot , canada does looked better in eyes of the world .

"Real world data" shows this eh? I didn't know you could quantify how something "looks", especially in something as nebulous as "the eyes of the world", whatever the hell that even means. How about the real world data on the number of tweets that made fun of Trudeau and Canada for that idiotic eulogy he put out on Castro? I get that the UN is a lot happier with Canada now as JT has promised giant gobs of taxpayer cash to be syphoned off by that sickening band of corrupt klepto-crats, but as for the rest of the world, they really could give two :cuss: s about Canada, and that's never going to change.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

It's like being the kid no one likes hanging out with the cool kids because the kid no one likes has money and a desire to just be "liked". Our PM will pay as much of other peoples money as he needs to to be liked as well.

Jet setting around the world, giving people big side deals while making shady side "donations" and spending billions in extra taxpayer funds with nothing to show for it to be "liked".

I'd rather someone who cared about our country, than being allowed to think they have a "brand" and are "liked"
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

It is a bad trend indeed when politicians so blatantly use public money to promote their "brand".

I was livid when Harper painted the official government plane "Tory" blue. But then it was the Liberals that selected the red and white flag over the one with with blue side bars (which I thought made more sense with the Pacific on one side and the Atlantic on the other).
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

I think the main reason is a shift in attitude they all have now. It moved from "serving the country" to "running the country"
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Trudeau does not have a single clue when it comes to solving world peace.He thinks everyone should do yoga and smoke dope like he did his whole life
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

Or tour a couch across the country, that is symbolic, wonder who gets to sit on it?

A red leather couch is set to tour the country next year, beginning with a tour of the North in March and a journey from Newfoundland to B.C. in June and July, after organizers received $155,000 in federal dollars.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#184821
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

"It is a very expensive operation to be in every province so what we get for that is the unifying factor," she said. "It is a nation-building sofa."

If the story weren't so pathetic, it might be funny.

Just as Clint Eastwood used an empty chair to stand in for Obama the Useless, a big red vacant sofa jetting around at our expense is a strikingly apt metaphor for Trudeau and his Liberals.
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 1st, 2017, 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: baiting
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rosemary1 »

Sounds pretty inane to me too. History will determines the legacy left behind by any political leader. And one year in power does not a legacy or brand make. The verdict is still out.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

maryjane48 wrote:
and thats your opinion and nothing more , where as real world data does show since harper got the boot , canada does looked better in eyes of the world .

I was under the impression that Trudeau was the Prime Minister of Canada. When you start looking at the money his spending around the world, I question why wouldn't he start at home?

This is just one recent example I read. Yes, I know the date, but can anyone tell me how much he has put aside to educate our youth, or will we need more jails for our Canadians as the grow older?

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/201 ... tries.html
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

dontrump wrote:Trudeau does not have a single clue when it comes to solving world peace.He thinks everyone should do yoga and smoke dope like he did his whole life

He thinks a hug will fix it all. Wait until Russia decides to step on his toes. He might ant to get into Trumps camp to save his butt.
dontrump
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by dontrump »

Trudeau pledges $15M for youth job training in eight African countries

:-X :-X :-X :-X :cuss: trudeau

Return to “Canada”