Trudeau vacations on Muslim leader's private island

Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Re: Trudeau vacations on Muslim leader's private island

Post by Barney Google »

flamingfingers wrote:I have Muslim as extended family. I have friends who are Muslim. I know many Muslims who have Christian friends and I have friends who have Muslim friends. Why can't Trudeau and family have friends/acquaintances who are Muslim? Do we really need more of this kind of unnecessary and paranoid 'fearmongering'?

Can't speak for others but for me, it has NOTHING to do with Muslims or Christians or ANY religious beliefs, and or lack

thereof. It does though, for me, seems that there 'appears' to be ethically questionable incidences.

Guess others, like the Canada's Ethics Commissioner, whom I'm sure is as well religion or whatever persuasion neutral,

thinks these are worthy concerns to look into.

It sure seems like there are a lot of questions about ethics and conflicts and practices and over spending by JT and his gang.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

Interesting that the Bahama Minister of Environment was found taking helicopter trips from the Aga Khan and he resigned,

Did the Environment Minister actually resigned, or did he offered his resignation to the prime minister – in light of revelations that he had accepted a free ride in the Aga Khan's helicopter while he had an application before his Ministry?

Doesn't the Aga Khan have requests for funding before the Canadian Gov't.

Will Trudeau man up for what he did and do the right thing, I doubt it.

Doesn't this just sound all to familiar

The PLP further condemns the minister’s arrogant and dismissive attitude toward the whole matter. When questioned about the free rides and in the face of overwhelming evidence, the Minister flatly denied that he was in a conflict between his personal interest and his public duty, or that he received an unreasonable benefit in the capacity of a Government Minister. The minister also claimed that if presented with similar opportunities in the future, he would do it again.

We remind the minister about the FNM inspired and morally extensive “Standards of conduct for ministers of Government” that was published in the FNM’s 2007 Manifesto:

“Ministers must ensure that no conflict arises, or appears to arise, between their public duty and their private interests”. Further, “Ministers must avoid accepting any gift or hospitality, which might appear to compromise their judgment or place them under improper obligation”.

Clearly Minister Deveaux’s actions and arrogance are not becoming of an elected official and he demonstrated incredibly poor judgment. Public officials must understand that the perception of impropriety in governance is as bad as impropriety and malfeasance. The Minister's actions surely fall in this category since he was island hopping on a helicopter owned by a private investor who has an application before Cabinet to dredge 9 acres in the Exuma Land and Sea Park, specifically a 15 feet channel to accommodate his private yacht. This is unprecedented as the Government has never permitted a private land owner to dredge a protected area for private use.

To put the icing on the minister’s cake of insult, the following was attributed to him: And Dr Deveaux said the actions he takes are transparent and acceptable by reasonable people.

I imagined that reasonable people are all of us who accept the old saying: The more things change, the more they remain the same.

http://political-bahamas.blogspot.ca/2010/09/earl-deveaux-environment-minister_17.html
http://www.thebahamasweekly.com/publish/bahamian-politics/Minister_Earl_Deveaux_is_in_a_conflict_of_interest12340.shtml
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
jimsenchuk
Lord of the Board

Post by jimsenchuk »

I really don't care what the PM does while on vacation, you all should be more concerned at what christie c is doing
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

That evil Muslim even tried to turn Steve into an agent. The nerve.

http://www.akdn.org/press-release/canad ... oronto-and
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

CBC News:

Trudeau not the 1st politician to face heat for Aga Khan helicopter ride

There were immediate calls for a Bahamas minister to resign back in 2010 for similar trip

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau ... -1.3947299

Where in the hell are JT's handlers that they allow him to follow suit like this???

Or maybe they all felt JT would be 'immune' from this?
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Barney Google wrote:
Or maybe they all felt JT would be 'immune' from this?

Bingo.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

^^^ Or Butts was confident that he could scream RACISM and divert the public's attention from Trudeau's illegally obtaining favours from a person who has received millions from Justin's handouts.

That appears to have been a gross miscalculation by the Liberal spin doctor.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

Return to “Canada”