Trudeau gives his vacation buddy $15,000 in taxpayer money

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Trudeau gives his vacation buddy $15,000 in taxpayer money

Post by Rwede »

Trudeau Vacation Buddy Gets $15K In Taxpayers Money For ‘Think Tank’

NEWS SPENCER FERNANDO FEBRUARY 1, 20170

Stupidity: Pro-Trudeau think tank gets money from the government for event featuring government ministers

The sense of entitlement and disrespect for taxpayers continues to get worse and worse from our federal government.

CTV is reporting that the government gave $15,000 to Canada 2020, a think-tank run by a close friend of Justin Trudeau.

The money sponsored a conference that featured Minister’s Bardish Chagger and Jim Carr as speakers. The conference took place at the glitzy Chateau Laurier in Ottawa.

CTV reports that the organization is run by Tom Pitfield, a friend of Justin Trudeau from childhood. Pitfield is married to the President of the Liberal Party, Anna Gainey.

Both Gainey and Pitfield were with Trudeau at the Aga Khan’s private island – a trip now being investigated for possible ethics violations.

https://www.spencerfernando.com/2017/02 ... hink-tank/
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Trudeau gives his vacation buddy $15,000 in taxpayer mon

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Thanks for posting that. I wonder why the CBC hasn't mentioned this. Why isn't Trudeau being transparent about Canada 2020 and his party's support (and your taxpayer dollars support, as we now see) of this organization? What's Trudeau trying to hide?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

I couldn't find the related article, the one that is apparently referenced in this partisan trash website, on the CTV News website.

I think that I'll wait for an actual report, not a partisan report-of-a-report-of-a-report from a biased writer, thanks.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
John500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by John500 »

Of course the CBC is not going to put that on the air. JT and the Libs are their best friends to keep the CBC as their propaganda station..
erinmore3775
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by erinmore3775 »

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/federal-agency-gives-money-to-think-tank-with-ties-to-trudeau-government-1.3265611

Here is the CTV news reference.

Unfortunately it is old news. The Opposition was not able to make anything of it simply because previous governments had done/made similar "investments." It just reaffirms the necessity for more effective ethics rules.
We won’t fight homelessness, hunger, or poverty, but we can fight climate change. The juxtaposition of the now and the future, food for thought.

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

The fact that this type of "back door" way of funneling taxpayer dollars to organizations run by friends of the Government is nothing new, doesn't let Justin "off the hook". As Erinmore points out, it merely reinforces the need to have stronger ethical rules in place, ones that have some "teeth" that will prevent this kind of favouritism in the future.

Despite not voting for the LIbs, I was willing to give them a chance to prove that they really were "different" than previous Governments. But instead, their actions have repeatedly shown just the opposite. And I'm sick of it.

If people re-elect this lot of self serving individuals in 2019 I'll eat my hat.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin

Return to “Canada”