Syrian refugee charged with six counts of sexual assault

Re: Syrian refugee charged with six counts of sexual assault

Postby annexi » Mar 4th, 2017, 2:25 am

The fact he is Syrian is irrelevant. He's not a molester because he's Syrian. He's a molester because he's a molester. Plenty of white Canadian molesters. Not defending him, guy has a problem obviously. But really, it's not because he's Syrian. I bet Syrians have no more child molesters than Canada per capita. Quit painting these people with the racist brush.
Even when it's bad it's good. More cowbell.
User avatar
annexi
Fledgling
 
Posts: 310
Likes: 182 posts
Liked in: 99 posts
Joined: Jul 19th, 2009, 12:14 pm

Re: Syrian refugee charged with six counts of sexual assault

Postby rustled » Mar 4th, 2017, 9:22 am

annexi wrote:The fact he is Syrian is irrelevant. He's not a molester because he's Syrian. He's a molester because he's a molester. Plenty of white Canadian molesters. Not defending him, guy has a problem obviously. But really, it's not because he's Syrian. I bet Syrians have no more child molesters than Canada per capita. Quit painting these people with the racist brush.

Respectfully, I disagree with the theory behind this.

In Canada, over the course of my lifetime, we've had to change people's attitudes about what constitutes sexual assault. Commonplace behaviours of our grandparents' generation are now considered unacceptable in most Western countries.

Today, "no" means "no", at home and in the workplace, in taxi cabs and at outdoor New Year's Eve celebrations, on dates and among strangers. A woman walking alone or enjoying the beach isn't "asking for it" . Children are never fair game for the sexual urges of others.

To get to where we are, we had to identify the roots of the problem that lead to sexual assault: people's deep-seated beliefs and habits.

We had to speak up about the unacceptable treatment of others in the workplace, on our streets, our in our communities, and in our homes. We've come a long way in a few generations, but this did not happen overnight and it did not happen without effort.

Clearly, there are countries throughout the world where our current cultural practices are not yet the norm.

To pretend otherwise is to ignore reality. To pretend no effort is required to instill a different value set in those who arrive here with deep-seated, unacceptable beliefs about how they are entitled to treat others is counterproductive.

We cannot deal with this problem if we don't clearly identify the roots and address them. Misidentifying this obvious cultural mismatch as "racism" is an unhelpful distraction, and it leads well-intentioned people to defend the indefensible.

Smurf likes this post.
rustled
Guru
 
Posts: 5821
Likes: 8559 posts
Liked in: 6639 posts
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 1:47 pm

Re: Syrian refugee charged with six counts of sexual assault

Postby erinmore3775 » Mar 4th, 2017, 11:04 am

Omnitheo pointed out “Before the civil war in Syria there was never a single sexual assault on Canada. There was never a need for parents to talk to their daughters. But now 0.1% of Canada's population are Syrian refugees we need to encourage our children to stay in groups.” His sarcasm was missed by many.

Whatwhat wrote: “…people born and raised in our Western culture also rape and sexually assault people.”

Atoma wrote: “…This is just like the wonderbread Canadian parents in the 60's that were afraid of my Italian father seducing and raping their daughters. Parents warned other parents about "Italian immigrants.”

I was raised in Toronto. I grew up and work through the Italian, Greek, Hungarian, Croatian, and Caribbean Black influx of immigrants. With each influx of immigrants fear and prejudice painted these people with accusations that they would destroy our society, change our religious and moral values, and commit all kinds of crimes.

The following description could be not only be applied to Italian immigrants of the 50’s but to all immigrants.

“In addition to the culture shock and language barrier, Italian immigrants also endured discrimination. Common prejudices held that Italians were prone to violence and that they introduced fascism and organized crime in Canada, seemingly undermining the moral fabric of Canadian society. Italian immigrants were also accused of taking jobs away from Canadians and living in overcrowded and unhealthy conditions since they often lived in multiple-family homes.”

http://www.pier21.ca/culture-trunks/italy/history

I can trace my family heritage all the way back to 1617 and the Compagnie de Canada when the French Government granted the first Canadian farmer land in Quebec. Unfortunately, accurate records do not exist that reflect to show how the original inhabitants of Quebec felt about these new immigrants and the fact that they stole their land and usurped their culture.

It is important for media to accurately provide information about all “criminal” events. Yes, it is important that Soleiman Hajj Soleiman, be described as a Syrian refugee. It is also important to be careful that our fear of “outsiders” does not prejudice our views of all “new” immigrants or refugees. Since if you cannot trace your heritage back to a Native North American, you are an immigrant.

Please read the sexual assault statistics.

http://www.sexassault.ca/statistics.htm

Family members, priests or other religious officers, police officers or doctors commit significantly more sexual assaults than refugees. There is no crime wave connected to the latest influx of immigrants and refugees. There is, however, an influx of prejudice.
"Justice will not come until those who are not injured are as indignant as those who are injured."
- Thucydides, Greek Philosopher

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill

annexi likes this post.
User avatar
erinmore3775
Übergod
 
Posts: 1103
Likes: 981 posts
Liked in: 1605 posts
Joined: Aug 18th, 2010, 9:16 pm

Re: Syrian refugee charged with six counts of sexual assault

Postby dirtrider » Mar 4th, 2017, 12:35 pm

rustled wrote:
annexi wrote:The fact he is Syrian is irrelevant. He's not a molester because he's Syrian. He's a molester because he's a molester. Plenty of white Canadian molesters. Not defending him, guy has a problem obviously. But really, it's not because he's Syrian. I bet Syrians have no more child molesters than Canada per capita. Quit painting these people with the racist brush.



Respectfully, I disagree with the theory behind this.

In Canada, over the course of my lifetime, we've had to change people's attitudes about what constitutes sexual assault. Commonplace behaviours of our grandparents' generation are now considered unacceptable in most Western countries.

Today, "no" means "no", at home and in the workplace, in taxi cabs and at outdoor New Year's Eve celebrations, on dates and among strangers. A woman walking alone or enjoying the beach isn't "asking for it" . Children are never fair game for the sexual urges of others.

To get to where we are, we had to identify the roots of the problem that lead to sexual assault: people's deep-seated beliefs and habits.

We had to speak up about the unacceptable treatment of others in the workplace, on our streets, our in our communities, and in our homes. We've come a long way in a few generations, but this did not happen overnight and it did not happen without effort.


With due respect, rustled, I agree that there has an attempted shift in attitude towards women in Western cultures. I say attempt because how are we doing currently? According to rape and sexual assaults stats for the Western countries I've seen, there is more rapes and sexual assaults committed by white male citizens of those countries against their women. Just look at the Canadian stats comparing rape and assaults for white Canadians males against women versus refugee/immigrant/Muslim males against white women. There is a world of difference between white Canadians versus male Muslim by a factor of a 1000 :200: ......so I'm wondering who needs this education in respecting peoples individual rights, especially women's. To misidentify the factors involved in the motivation of rape and sexual assault only buys into the current fear mongering and only propagates these attitudes. I agree with annexi. " He's a molester because he's a molester"....and not because he's Mulim. It's obvious to me that the attempt to educate what constitutes a rape or sexual assault in the Western culture is a failure according to the high numbers of these incidences by natives against natives of their respecting countries.


rustled wrote:Clearly, there are countries throughout the world where our current cultural practices are not yet the norm.

To pretend otherwise is to ignore reality. To pretend no effort is required to instill a different value set in those who arrive here with deep-seated, unacceptable beliefs about how they are entitled to treat others is counterproductive.

We cannot deal with this problem if we don't clearly identify the roots and address them. Misidentifying this obvious cultural mismatch as "racism" is an unhelpful distraction, and it leads well-intentioned people to defend the indefensible.


I'm not sure why our current cultural practices should be the norm to the rest of the world?.....seems a little presumptuous to me, but I guess that's for another thread. I agree, if a host country take the responsibility in accepting Muslim refugees, there needs to be an education and cultural integration programs in the host countries. Like I said, if you mix one homogeneous culture with another, it's like oil and water. They will not mix well unless there is some emulsifier to expedite the process.
I believe that's where the education you are writing about should come in......maybe there will be less of that "entitlement attitude" you are writing about (although I don't agree with it being a particular "religious" attitude). I think that aggression, frustration and the whole attitude thing you keep writing about is more to do with social-economic issues and not a religious one. I've personally seen it in the States, where young angry black men congregate in their black ghetto neighborhoods and you will see the same attitudes you are seeing with the Muslim.....wasn't the Punk movement in England where young angry white men harassed everyone because mostly due to social-economic issues?

You wrote this in another thread and I had meant to respond but got sidetrack, so I might as well get a two for one :biggrin: .
You wrote:

rustled wrote:
t boggles the mind that as this powderkeg grows more incendiary, Muslim leaders are not doing more to say "this is NOT what we believe". Just as we expected the Catholic church to deal with how it allowed a culture of the pedophilia to flourish. We all realize not all Catholics are pedophiles, but it's truly ignorant to pretend the religion, the church, had nothing to do with what happened to thousands of children over the years.

The longer the mainstream Muslim community stands by in silence, the more difficult it becomes for moderates outside the religion to believe that religion is not responsible in any way for sanctioning this kind of behaviour.


They have rustled, they have. I've heard them every single time there is a terrorist attack, sexual assault by a Muslim, riots and general violence. Perhaps the message is getting drowned in the sea of negative news, attitude, disinterest, ignorance, because the Muslim filter is just on too tight or in gb's case, blissfully isolated in his echochamber. I do know tho' most of it is drowned out by the media because they tend to focus more on what "sell"...which is the violence, the sexual assaults, terrorism...etc etc. Good news just don't have the same effect in reporting as do the 'bad". Just like in any religion, it's the extremists that do reprehensible acts in the name of main stream religion be it Christianity, Judaism or Islam. Here's just a sampling of the question you're asking:

I'll start it off with this teenager's spreadsheet followed by an interactive one based on her spreadsheet.

http://www.teenvogue.com/story/teen-mak ... -terrorism

https://muslimscondemn.com/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kelly-jam ... 22518.html

https://www.usnews.com/news/the-report/ ... ignores-it

Muslims DO Speak Out, We’re Just Not Listening

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rabbi-mar ... 79246.html

Here is a sample of what moderate Muslims think of the extremists....

"...Terrorists have "hijacked our faith," one British imam told the Guardian. Moderate Muslims often face death threats themselves if they speak out against more conservative Muslims.

As another stressed, "To them, [Islamic State], I am not any different to any other person in this cafe, or in a restaurant in Paris. For them, I am not a Muslim either." Nor do some imams view extremists as Muslims – an attitude made popular by the #YouAintNoMuslimBruv response to last week's stabbing attack on the London Tube..."

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Global-N ... terrorists

With respect tho'...I think too many peeps in Canada are indeed in an echo chamber if they think "Muslims" somehow are more prone to this "entitlement" attitude like it's in their genetic makeup or something. Seems to me I think Canada is in better shape to welcome the Muslim refugees because of our cultural diversity and employment opportunities than the European countries.....but that's not to say that we shouldn't have a plan to integrate them better.

erinmore3775 likes this post.
dirtrider
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3176
Likes: 22 posts
Liked in: 341 posts
Joined: May 18th, 2005, 3:46 pm
Location: West Kelowna

Re: Syrian refugee charged with six counts of sexual assault

Postby The Green Barbarian » Mar 4th, 2017, 12:57 pm

erinmore3775 wrote:Omnitheo pointed out “Before the civil war in Syria there was never a single sexual assault on Canada. There was never a need for parents to talk to their daughters. But now 0.1% of Canada's population are Syrian refugees we need to encourage our children to stay in groups.” His sarcasm was missed by many.


Before the civil war in Syria, there wasn't an incidence of SIX girls being assaulted in ONE afternoon at a public swimming pool in Canada. I really think all those so quick to scream about "racism" and "prejudice" here should read the story of the Rotherham rape gangs. Screaming the word "racist" over and over again paralyzed an entire police force in England and allowed thousands of young girls to be raped by Muslim men.

I agree that there shouldn't be a broad brush applied against any one race or group of immigrants, but you sure as hell should be paying attention to world-wide trends of crimes committed by adherents to a certain religion. I agree that this multiple-assaulter has problems, but what caused those problems? Was it because his religion is incompatible with Western values and laws? If so, then perhaps instead of being so quick to scream RACIST at anyone and everyone, perhaps there is an actual discussion to be had here about issues in integrating people who come from certain parts of the world, who seem to demonstrate the same issues with the treatment of women, no matter where they go?



"Socialists sure are a lot dumber today than they were when I was alive" - John Stuart Mill

JT - he's been ready since 2015, to be the puppet of Gerald Butts and the Laurentide Elite.

the truth likes this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 28577
Likes: 12366 posts
Liked in: 16440 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Syrian refugee charged with six counts of sexual assault

Postby Queen K » Mar 4th, 2017, 1:32 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:
I agree that there shouldn't be a broad brush applied against any one race or group of immigrants, but you sure as hell should be paying attention to world-wide trends of crimes committed by adherents to a certain religion. I agree that this multiple-assaulter has problems, but what caused those problems? Was it because his religion is incompatible with Western values and laws? If so, then perhaps instead of being so quick to scream RACIST at anyone and everyone, perhaps there is an actual discussion to be had here about issues in integrating people who come from certain parts of the world, who seem to demonstrate the same issues with the treatment of women, no matter where they go?


It's strange isn't that the there such an utter lack of evidence that these people who are having such difficulties integrating into our Western value based culture are packing up and moving.

Or did I miss it? That large numbers of muslims are emigrating out to be with cultures which are not going to be so difficult to integrate into? Where they'd WANT their kids growing up. Where they'd be more comfortable wearing whatever they want AND everyone around them are doing so too!

Why are they coming here, taking a look around at what Western culture built and not leaving? In droves?

I ask myself this every day.
Is it okay to have friends on all sides of the political spectrum? Or do I have to choose?

The Canadian Injustice System. Letting victims know that they don't matter with every ruling.
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
 
Posts: 53388
Likes: 12358 posts
Liked in: 13004 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 12:39 pm
Location: What? You mean here?

Re: Syrian refugee charged with six counts of sexual assault

Postby The Green Barbarian » Mar 4th, 2017, 3:26 pm

Queen K wrote:
Why are they coming here, taking a look around at what Western culture built and not leaving? In droves?

I ask myself this every day.


Why would they leave?
"Socialists sure are a lot dumber today than they were when I was alive" - John Stuart Mill

JT - he's been ready since 2015, to be the puppet of Gerald Butts and the Laurentide Elite.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 28577
Likes: 12366 posts
Liked in: 16440 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Syrian refugee charged with six counts of sexual assault

Postby rustled » Mar 4th, 2017, 3:34 pm

erinmore3775 wrote:...Family members, priests or other religious officers, police officers or doctors commit significantly more sexual assaults than refugees. There is no crime wave connected to the latest influx of immigrants and refugees. There is, however, an influx of prejudice.

The first sentence is true.

The second sentence is a construct of those who are too firmly focused on the third. Look at the problem with the taxi companies in Halifax. As surely as prejudice can lead people to paint everyone with the same brush (which is clearly wrong), prejudice can also blind people to root causes that should be addressed (which is also wrong).

GB keeps mentioning Rotheram. If we refuse to even acknowledge the factors that allowed this to happen in the UK, what's to stop it from happening elsewhere?

I'm not a fan of organized religion. It seems, to me, to discourage people from thinking for themselves, from doing what is right because it is right. So yes, I have a bias. Still, when I think about a religion that segregates men from women and further segregates women who are menstruating, it's difficult for me to blindly accept that there is where the segregation ends.

I do not feel it's helpful to demonize a religion, or a people, or a culture as some persist in doing. However, I also do not feel it is helpful to turn a blind eye to the implications inherent in their teachings. This goes for any religion.

dirtrider: you have provided examples of Muslim leaders speaking out against the violence. What they are not speaking out about, to my mind, is the inherent underlying sexism that seems readily apparent in their religious practices. Are you able to show examples of their religious leadership insisting, men and women be treated as equals in their mosques and in their homes, unsegregated for prayer, and being broadly accepted and supporting for taking this stance?

We do know there are countries where women are not allowed to drive or go places unaccompanied by men, and we do know young women are too often denied even an education.

Some people emigrate from these countries to provide opportunities for their daughters and sisters and mothers. But are refugees, fleeing war and famine, approaching Canada (or any other country of refuge) as a place where women and men can live a Western lifestyle? I think it's naive to believe that's the case.
rustled
Guru
 
Posts: 5821
Likes: 8559 posts
Liked in: 6639 posts
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010, 1:47 pm

Re: Syrian refugee charged with six counts of sexual assault

Postby the truth » Mar 4th, 2017, 3:47 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:
erinmore3775 wrote:Omnitheo pointed out “Before the civil war in Syria there was never a single sexual assault on Canada. There was never a need for parents to talk to their daughters. But now 0.1% of Canada's population are Syrian refugees we need to encourage our children to stay in groups.” His sarcasm was missed by many.


Before the civil war in Syria, there wasn't an incidence of SIX girls being assaulted in ONE afternoon at a public swimming pool in Canada. I really think all those so quick to scream about "racism" and "prejudice" here should read the story of the Rotherham rape gangs. Screaming the word "racist" over and over again paralyzed an entire police force in England and allowed thousands of young girls to be raped by Muslim men.

I agree that there shouldn't be a broad brush applied against any one race or group of immigrants, but you sure as hell should be paying attention to world-wide trends of crimes committed by adherents to a certain religion. I agree that this multiple-assaulter has problems, but what caused those problems? Was it because his religion is incompatible with Western values and laws? If so, then perhaps instead of being so quick to scream RACIST at anyone and everyone, perhaps there is an actual discussion to be had here about issues in integrating people who come from certain parts of the world, who seem to demonstrate the same issues with the treatment of women, no matter where they go?





if these two videos does not say it all nothing does , wake up people
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

2 people like this post.
User avatar
the truth
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 15348
Likes: 10104 posts
Liked in: 6068 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: Syrian refugee charged with six counts of sexual assault

Postby The Green Barbarian » Mar 4th, 2017, 4:03 pm

the truth wrote:
if these two videos does not say it all nothing does , wake up people


I actually laughed at 1:30 point in the second video, where a Muslim woman in full burka is lecturing the non-Muslim woman on the purpose of the march - dramatic pause - "to stop oppression". Oh the irony.
"Socialists sure are a lot dumber today than they were when I was alive" - John Stuart Mill

JT - he's been ready since 2015, to be the puppet of Gerald Butts and the Laurentide Elite.

the truth likes this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 28577
Likes: 12366 posts
Liked in: 16440 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Syrian refugee charged with six counts of sexual assault

Postby The Green Barbarian » Mar 4th, 2017, 4:06 pm

rustled wrote:
GB keeps mentioning Rotheram. If we refuse to even acknowledge the factors that allowed this to happen in the UK, what's to stop it from happening elsewhere?
.


Yes, I do keep mentioning it Rustled. And do you notice that no one ever addresses it? It's because Rotherham conflicts with the acceptable narrative. For those that aren't committed to keeping their heads firmly buried in the sand, here's some background:



But Rotherham is just one example. There's a lot more:



Mormon extremists! That must be it.
"Socialists sure are a lot dumber today than they were when I was alive" - John Stuart Mill

JT - he's been ready since 2015, to be the puppet of Gerald Butts and the Laurentide Elite.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 28577
Likes: 12366 posts
Liked in: 16440 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Syrian refugee charged with six counts of sexual assault

Postby fvkasm2x » Mar 4th, 2017, 4:07 pm

Queen K wrote:Why are they coming here, taking a look around at what Western culture built and not leaving? In droves?

I ask myself this every day.


1 of 2 reasons, often times both.

1) They get pretty much a free ride here. Our ability to "share" the wealth and support bottom feeders is obviously much better than that in Iraq, Syria or Afghanistan (among others).

2) For many, a huge goal of Islam is to spread it across the world until everyone is Muslim. They can't do that if they all stay in the same country
User avatar
fvkasm2x
Guru
 
Posts: 6760
Likes: 347 posts
Liked in: 1290 posts
Joined: Apr 1st, 2007, 3:06 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: Syrian refugee charged with six counts of sexual assault

Postby the truth » Mar 4th, 2017, 4:08 pm

yup, :200: women in this country are so f :cuss: within the next few years , coming soon to canada ,sad but true
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
the truth
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 15348
Likes: 10104 posts
Liked in: 6068 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: Syrian refugee charged with six counts of sexual assault

Postby the truth » Mar 4th, 2017, 4:11 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:
rustled wrote:
GB keeps mentioning Rotheram. If we refuse to even acknowledge the factors that allowed this to happen in the UK, what's to stop it from happening elsewhere?
.


Yes, I do keep mentioning it Rustled. And do you notice that no one ever addresses it? It's because Rotherham conflicts with the acceptable narrative. For those that aren't committed to keeping their heads firmly buried in the sand, here's some background:



But Rotherham is just one example. There's a lot more:



Mormon extremists! That must be it.

^^^^^ the 28;00 min mark says it all, women mean nothing to these muslim men
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
the truth
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 15348
Likes: 10104 posts
Liked in: 6068 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: Syrian refugee charged with six counts of sexual assault

Postby Lady tehMa » Mar 4th, 2017, 6:09 pm

annexi wrote:The fact he is Syrian is irrelevant. He's not a molester because he's Syrian. He's a molester because he's a molester. Plenty of white Canadian molesters. Not defending him, guy has a problem obviously. But really, it's not because he's Syrian. I bet Syrians have no more child molesters than Canada per capita. Quit painting these people with the racist brush.


No, it isn't irrelevant.

He is not a Canadian citizen ergo he should be deported, stat.

Molesters should not be tolerated because they are immigrants. For that matter, I would be perfectly happy with revoking Canadian citizenship for ANY molester of any race or creed.
PLEASE use spellcheck. If that is too hard, consider installing the Grammarly (free!) app that will not only spellcheck for you (AND offer corrections!) but also make sure that your sentences are grammatically correct.

You're welcome.

3 people like this post.
User avatar
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 17341
Likes: 15822 posts
Liked in: 3932 posts
Joined: Aug 2nd, 2005, 3:51 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 3 guests