Trudeau in Washington

Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Trudeau in Washington

Post by Gilchy »

Atomoa wrote:So far the biggest similarity I see between the two is that Trudeau has no problem lying to Canadians just like Trump is good at lying to Americans. The biggest difference is that Trump is doing what he said he would and seems to be really concerned about what people think about him, but Trudeau just threw Canadians under the bus and did a 180 on electoral reform and could give two craps about what Canadians think about him because - what are you going to do? vote for the next Harper?

He's got Canada by the testicles. Fakes left, governs right and uses the "threat of the right" to flank the left.

Our own little Hillary.

I truly cannot understand how someone who professes to be extremely left wing can continually defend Trump. I get that you like his protectionist stance, I can see how you'd support that. But based on your political leanings, how can you support the current US governments' direction surrounding health care, social security and immigration issues? Let alone Trump using the Presidency as an advertisement for his real estate holdings.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 13th, 2017, 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

Wow, its amazing reading the anti-Liberal backlash on something as simple as a visit.

People here have called him a liar, a boot-licker, a P--sy, and such.

How about we let him do his job and see where the chips fall.

How the whole electoral reform stuff played out is, at first glance, quite the flub for the Liberals. I too saw how he repeatedly bashed the current system (the one he got elected with) and reversing his stance on it is a pretty bonehead move...

However, is this really an issue that changes YOUR lives? Do you really lose sleep on the electoral system?

Real issues like health care, trade, economy, jobs and defense are the real issues Canadians look at (or should.)

When we continuously post things about how the man looks, or name calling, we look like school yard children.

For the most part the real work was happening down the road with the groups working on these very issues. The rest was for the press.

Lets see what comes out of this meeting.
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

Interesting Trump likes to tweet everything especially when it comes to foreign leaders visiting the Whitehouse, but no tweets from Trump on Trudeau's visit. Maybe Trump was able to read between the lines on Trudeau's comments.

https://twitter.com/POTUS
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Well part of that meeting was a round table discussion regarding women in business. Not really something that appeals to Trump's twitter followers
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:on anerican forums id say 90 percent expressed wanting jt over the orange cheeto lol

If this were actually true just do a one-way trade and make them take JT right now.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

GenesisGT wrote:Interesting Trump likes to tweet everything especially when it comes to foreign leaders visiting the Whitehouse, but no tweets from Trump on Trudeau's visit. ]

I just checked Trump's twitter feed and he mentions JT in three different tweets, including posting this picture:

C4j3LW2UYAATtQ5.jpg

So were you mistaken? Or deliberately posting left fake news?
Last edited by ferri on Feb 15th, 2017, 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: resized photo
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Maybe refer to the POTUS twitter that was provided. Which you chose to exclude from the quote.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
kques
Fledgling

Post by kques »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
GenesisGT wrote:Interesting Trump likes to tweet everything especially when it comes to foreign leaders visiting the Whitehouse, but no tweets from Trump on Trudeau's visit. ]

Looks to me like they're about to kiss.. I guess that's what we get for having a "woman" prime minister. Oh, wait, I'm sorry, he called himself a "feminist" not a woman. I just hope Trump didn't try to grab his/her PU :cuss: ..!!
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Stupid *bleep* Trudeau says, this time to Trump:

"We've been neighbours a long time."

Trudeau is an international embarrassment.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 16th, 2017, 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.

Return to “Canada”