Court rules in favour of firstnations

Post by maryjane48 »

http://globalnews.ca/news/3247983/sixti ... 1-billion/

looks like roosters are comming home to roost
zzontar
Guru

Re: Court rules in favour of firstnations

Post by zzontar »

The lawsuit sought $85,000 for each now-grown child affected by the policy. That would total around $1.3 billion.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, however. This case could have an affect on similar legal battles being waged in other jurisdictions.

Yes, taxing people many more billions of dollars who had nothing to do with it will make things better.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

zzontar wrote:
The lawsuit sought $85,000 for each now-grown child affected by the policy. That would total around $1.3 billion.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, however. This case could have an affect on similar legal battles being waged in other jurisdictions.

Yes, taxing people many more billions of dollars who had nothing to do with it will make things better.

No doubt, the money train never ends!
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Who wants the make a wager that the 1.3B won't change anything? Although, we all hope it does.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

It probably won't change anything.
I honestly can't believe this happen not long before i was born (60's) so i can understand how there is the bad attitude towards natives today by many Canadians, we are not that far away from a time this was accepted.
I don't always agree with the demands or methods natives use but I do understand why this stuff needs to be dredged up and whatever truthes be revealed to Canadians.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

“It’s not just about money,” the minister said.
“Getting their language and culture back, making sure that their children will be able to speak the language and be immersed in their culture, that is hugely important.”

I'd really like to see how many still don't speak their native tongue after even more billions have been spent. You can learn how to speak most any language and learn about cultures on the internet if it's that hugely important... for free! No, it's not quite the same but it could still be accomplished.
They say you can't believe everything they say.

Return to “Canada”