God keep our land

Chyren
Board Meister

Re: God keep our land

Post by Chyren »

What an amazing country we live in when this is a topic we discuss. First world problems

:up:
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

Chyren wrote:What an amazing country we live in when this is a topic we discuss. First world problems

:up:

When the warm and fuzzy PC crowd is done, this country won't be so amazing. First world problems maybe but some are proud of the Canadian culture the way it is (was).
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 17th, 2017, 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: response to off topic post
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

We have our anthem - young by many standards but still ours.

I don't think we should change it as we would a suit of clothes, updating it to the current fashion. Certain things are meant to carry a weight of significance, of tradition, of history. We rob ourselves of that everytime we alter the original.
I haven't failed until I quit.
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

*removed*

The National Anthem belongs to the Canadian people, if a word or words needs to be changed it needs proper discussion. One person sitting behind a desk somewhere has no right to make that decision on their own.

Separating church and state can be easy when making room for Islam.
Last edited by ferri on Feb 17th, 2017, 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 17th, 2017, 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
casey60
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by casey60 »

National Anthems should never be changed. Some countries have a National Anthem that goes back hundreds of years and there is no issue. So why here in Canada. We are just to much accommodating at times.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Merry wrote:I'm not opposed to changing the National Anthem to make it more inclusive,

Do women, children and transgender people really feel bothered that it says "In all thy Son's command" and feel left out because they aren't "sons" ???

Does anyone even think of that stuff while singing a national anthem?
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

fvkasm2x wrote:
Merry wrote:I'm not opposed to changing the National Anthem to make it more inclusive,

Do women, children and transgender people really feel bothered that it says "In all thy Son's command" and feel left out because they aren't "sons" ???

Does anyone even think of that stuff while singing a national anthem?

This is the Age of the Offended, fvkasm2x.
I haven't failed until I quit.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

fvkasm2x wrote:I'm an athiest and believe in women's rights.

It should still be "God keep our land" and "In all they son's command." It's part of history. I don't change the words to a song, just because time changes.

Some of the best song lyrics or movie lines are considered offensive or controversial today, but were hilarious, iconic or popular when they came out and I remember them as such. They don't hold any impact like a National Anthem, but the premise fits

exactly :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

casey60 wrote:National Anthems should never be changed. Some countries have a National Anthem that goes back hundreds of years and there is no issue. So why here in Canada. We are just to much accommodating at times.

you can thank the left wing nut jobs for that, we would not want to offend anyone would we, maybe are flag should be all white because some do not like the color red :-X what next :-X
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Canada”