Finally they got it right

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Finally they got it right

Post by GordonH »

http://globalnews.ca/news/3255419/dougl ... ndparents/

Finally a Judge in Canada got it right, hopefully it's start in the right direction

Added later: my condolences to victims Family & Friends.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Re: Finally they got it right

Post by JagXKR »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/d ... -1.3989927

Looks like the criminals don't like what he did either.

BTW thank you Conservative government for changing the stupid concurrent sentencing system. Also the stupid double time pretrial rules.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Just when you need an ambulance to break down too.

Honestly, there had better not be an appeal to put the family through so much :cuss: again.

And again, here I go: Canada needs the Death Penalty back. It just does. Hands down.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

The ongoing crime, now, is that we the tax payer will be paying $100,000.00 a year to keep him in prison.

We don't have the death penalty, but perhaps a half hour a day of exercise in general population would be beneficial.

In my saner moments I believe, in a case of life without parole, the death penalty is preferable to all, the prisoner, the family of the victims, and the tax payer. A win, win, win.

To those who would say killing is wrong. Putting a being in a cage for life, is probably worse.

To those who believe in a higher being, if put to death, he could start his "rehabilition" that much sooner.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Personally, I'd rather not let my heart indulge in a culture of deathlike some here do. The more anger allowed in one's heart the more it perpetuates.
We condemn other cultures for barbarism based on our concept of justice yet among us we advocate for taking of life from our standpoint of self proclaimed superior standing. Fallacious reasoning and logic.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
motorhomebabe
Lord of the Board

Post by motorhomebabe »

I can close my eyes and see that little bloody hand print on the wall. Sorry bleeding hearts, death penalty seems fitting.Keeping that scum alive is just a waste of taxpayers money.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

What_the wrote:Personally, I'd rather not let my heart indulge in a culture of deathlike some here do. The more anger allowed in one's heart the more it perpetuates.
We condemn other cultures for barbarism based on our concept of justice yet among us we advocate for taking of life from our standpoint of self proclaimed superior standing. Fallacious reasoning and logic.

I condemn the stoning of a woman in third World countries because she was signalled out as having done something western in culture. Stoning is barbaric. I condemn blowing up markets and buildings and condemn using kids as suicide bombers, and lots of the evil things I condemn based on my western concepts.

But I am sick and tired of the Canadian Lack-O-Justice system.

GordonH's use the title "Finally they got it right" is sad, because he had to use the word "finally." And I agree with it wholeheartedly.

But Canada can also FINALLY bring back the death penalty for monsters like Bernardo, Garland, Olson, and many others where the evidence is mountainous, and not circumstancial.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I have to agree Queen K. What good is there in keeping them alive. It does nothing for us or them to have them sit in prison. It's not like we are even going to try and rehabilitate this guy. He will just die in prison on our dollar so that someone can feel better about not putting him out of his misery. No thanks, bring back the death penalty.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

I'm with what_the.

It's interesting to me, reading comments on various news articles, how many people are wishing this man had been murdered.

What he did was severe enough, and people are angry enough, that they want him dead.

Which is precisely the thought process that led him to commit murder. I'm not saying he had a point, or that his crime was justified in any way...but anger and a thirst for vengeance led him to want someone dead. And not just to want it, but to make it happen. I guess that's the key difference. He acted on that feeling, while most of us, as angry as we are, would not care to do our own dirty work.

I'm also interested why "tax dollars" are always cited as justification for the death penalty. I have to wonder if some people get a bit of a charge, and maybe they don't even realize it, from thinking about cost effectiveness, when the life of the condemned hangs in the balance. "It would be cheaper just to kill you." That gives me an odd feeling when I say it out loud.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.

Return to “Canada”