M-103

Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Re: M-103

Post by Merry »

M103 is a motion, not a law so it can't be used to limit your freedom of speech. However, that said, knowing that we currently do have laws on the books that are designed to protect people from hate speech, one has to wonder WHY the Government felt it was so important to pass this toothless, yet divisive motion?

The ripple effect from this motion has caused more racial tension between certain groups of people than did any of the isolated cases of hate that the motion was supposed to help prevent. And if the proponents of the motion can't see that, then they must be wilfully blind.

Playing politics with such a racially charged subject is a dangerous game, that can have all kinds of very unpleasant unintended consequences. And the Trudeau Government should be ashamed of playing such games.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Playing politics with such a racially charged subject is a dangerous game, that can have all kinds of very unpleasant unintended consequences. And the Trudeau Government should be ashamed of playing such games.

Lets just hope people wise up next election....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

too late now, i would think
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
johnrae
Fledgling

Post by johnrae »

This motion was passed for one reason. If you voted no, you would be tagged a racist. It was well played. It is like a bad dream. The cards were lined up brilliantly. There was no stopping this. The next stepping stone will pass just as easily. I think the vote should have been a blind vote where nobody knows what you voted for. I am sure there are a lot of liberals who voted yes in fear of repercussions from their party mates. Look out Canada, we are gonna look like Europe in less than 10 years.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Some folks are saying that this means that free speech in Canada is now illegal.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

johnrae wrote:This motion was passed for one reason. If you voted no, you would be tagged a racist. It was well played. It is like a bad dream. The cards were lined up brilliantly. There was no stopping this. The next stepping stone will pass just as easily. I think the vote should have been a blind vote where nobody knows what you voted for. I am sure there are a lot of liberals who voted yes in fear of repercussions from their party mates. Look out Canada, we are gonna look like Europe in less than 10 years.

Not if we get rid of the Liberals.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Barney Google wrote:Some folks are saying that this means that free speech in Canada is now illegal.

we are almost :-X there
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

johnrae wrote:This motion was passed for one reason. If you voted no, you would be tagged a racist. It was well played. It is like a bad dream. The cards were lined up brilliantly. There was no stopping this. The next stepping stone will pass just as easily. I think the vote should have been a blind vote where nobody knows what you voted for. I am sure there are a lot of liberals who voted yes in fear of repercussions from their party mates. Look out Canada, we are gonna look like Europe in less than 10 years.

you better believe it
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I'm pleasantly surprised that because I spoke against M103 because it plainly favours a religion that murders those that we in Canada harbour , we shelter , let live AND " celebrate" ....I have yet to be called a racist.

Vote out Trudeau and his Liberals for the sake of ALL who live here and choose to just to be able to be who they are without reprisal....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

thtruth wrote:
MAPearce wrote:[quot] We already have Islamaphobia laws.

Now it's ok to spew hatred against Jews , Christians , Buddhists et al...

NOT ask why Muslims feel it's ok to throw gays off roof's , beat their wives OR cut their little girls labia off ???

!

Wait a minute ..... That's ok .

question ---so if we i,muslims make jew, christian, buddhist jokes its ok
but if someone makes a muslim joke it will be called islamaphobia and will be considered a hate crime are yo f :cuss: kidding me

how can anyone defend this racist bill

islam is the biggest racist thing around from the looks of it[/quote]

still waiting for all the pro muslim supporters to help me out with this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^question ^^^
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

still waiting for all the pro muslim supporters to help me out with this

I'm a Christian.. I can't answer that .
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

lol :up:
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

who is more crafty ? jt or mr trump ? [icon_lol2.gif]
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

jt by a mile
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Canada”