Cop says it was consensual

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Cop says it was consensual

Post by maryjane48 »

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/newf ... -1.3990902

if she wasnt drunk he might have a case but if zomeones drunk best to not have sex
fvkasm2x
Guru

Re: Cop says it was consensual

Post by fvkasm2x »

I usually back cops but this is disgusting.

Even IF she wasn't drunk (she probably was), he was still in a position of power and abused his authority. I don't care if it wasn't "in trade" to get out of a ticket or charges... he should hold himself to a higher standard. He's a pos.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

maryjane48 wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/carl-snelgrove-sexual-assault-trial-1.3990902

if she wasnt drunk he might have a case but if zomeones drunk best to not have sex

He'd only have a case if he was off duty and they were role-playing.

On duty, person in custody, stone sober is not a case either. Actually MJ, I'm a bit surprised at this statement of yours.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

There is a old saying, "Never mix business with pleasure!!"

IF she had a interest, let her leave you her phone number and take your private life away from work. There are many opportunities when in Law enforcement, you have to keep it off duty.

The old saying," Feel safe at night sleep with a COP!"
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

This hasn't been brought up yet, but a small detail. On top of everything else he was ON DUTY.

The constable was wrong on all levels.

If it was love at first sight, yes get her phone number and call her the next day.

It's not right to take advantage of a person who is intoxicated even if you are on a date with them. Completely wrong and unacceptable if you are a person in authority, making sure they get home safely, then taking advantage of them.

Yes, drunken females will get frisky with police, it goes with the territory, even if that happened it doesn't make it even close to OK.

Generally on the rare occasion a lone police officer transports a female, proper protocal is :
a) permission from a supervisor
b) time and milage when the trip starts and time and milage when he arrives at the destination
c) once dropped off clearing the call

Should be an ex-cop real soon.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

and an ex-husband...
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Ken7 wrote:There is a old saying, "Never mix business with pleasure!!"

IF she had a interest, let her leave you her phone number and take your private life away from work. There are many opportunities when in Law enforcement, you have to keep it off duty.

The old saying," Feel safe at night sleep with a COP!"

yea 5hats what i was getting at . better to keep it off duty . to queen k i had say that so the truth didnt call me cop hater for millionth time
rape is a cowardly act in my books
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Consensual or not, it appears that he made a few large errors that night and will be paying the price for it. We can argue whether or not it was sexual assault or rape, but from how it appears, it certainly wasn't right.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.

Return to “Canada”