Trudeau HAS TO GO.

Re: Trudeau HAS TO GO.

Postby jimmy4321 » Aug 7th, 2017, 8:50 am

I think the point you missed is this issue was handle poorly by the Cons and failed to make lemonade out of lemons.
The Cons have very poor judgement or feel for things.
jimmy4321
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1390 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Aug 7th, 2017, 9:49 am

jimmy4321 wrote:I think the point you missed is this issue was handle poorly by the Cons and failed to make lemonade out of lemons.
The Cons have very poor judgement or feel for things.

I didn't see that "point" at all. I think you are allowing your confirmation bias and desire to swallow the giant bag of BS that JT and his gang are feeding you to try and justify the payment of $10.5 million of taxpayer cash to a murderous traitorous terrorist.
Not sure why I bother with a signature as it seems to just randomly disappear on a regular basis. Especially if it offends liberal snowflakes.

3 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 11211 posts

Postby Merry » Aug 7th, 2017, 10:09 am

I strongly opposed the payout to a person who has been proven to be a terrorist (even though he was a teenager at the time, he was still a terrorist). But the fact that the courts determined his rights as a Canadian were violated under the Charter gave the Government little choice but to settle (because fighting it in court would likely have proven even costlier). So, even though it was a bitter pill to swallow, I think we have to accept that fact and move on.

That said, having Conservative MP's "air our dirty laundry" in the United States was also a bitter pill to swallow. It is the role of the Opposition to disagree with the Government in Parliament, and within the confines of our country. But taking that fight abroad only serves to hurt our country in the long run, and MP's should know better.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin

lasnomadas likes this post.
Merry
Guru

Liked in: 3599 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Aug 7th, 2017, 10:13 am

Merry wrote:I strongly opposed the payout to a person who has been proven to be a terrorist (even though he was a teenager at the time, he was still a terrorist). But the fact that the courts determined his rights as a Canadian were violated under the Charter gave the Government little choice but to settle (because fighting it in court would likely have proven even costlier). So, even though it was a bitter pill to swallow, I think we have to accept that fact and move on.

Good point Merry. I think the bigger picture here is amending our Charter so that traitorous terrorists can't just be handed big bags of money thanks to the interpretations of an unelected body.
Not sure why I bother with a signature as it seems to just randomly disappear on a regular basis. Especially if it offends liberal snowflakes.

2 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Buddha of the Board

Postby The Green Barbarian » Aug 7th, 2017, 10:51 am

Merry wrote:
That said, having Conservative MP's "air our dirty laundry" in the United States was also a bitter pill to swallow. It is the role of the Opposition to disagree with the Government in Parliament, and within the confines of our country. But taking that fight abroad only serves to hurt our country in the long run, and MP's should know better.

I disagree with this statement. What if a murderous terrorist *bleep* had offed a Canadian medic, and the US then handed that *bleep* $10.5 million, secretly, so that the widow of the Canadian medic couldn't enforce a judgement against said *bleep* terrorist? You and everyone else in Canada would be rightly livid, and expect an apology. If Nanci Pelosi came to Canada and apologized and blamed Trump for being an idiot for making the payment, you and everyone else would lap it up. And rightly so, as Trump would be an idiot for paying out that much cash to a *bleep* terrorist, just as Trudeau was an idiot for doing it. You have to see it from both sides. I applaud our brave Conservative MP's for having the guts to apologize for our brain-dead PM's heinous behavior. It is nice to see that some of our politicians have some guts, and a back-bone.

3 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Buddha of the Board

Postby Gone_Fishin » Aug 19th, 2017, 8:17 am

Even Tim Hortons has had enough. Can't wait for the next roll-up-the-rim promo to start!

When you're dead, you don't know you are dead. It is only difficult for the others.

It's the same when you are stupid.

5 people like this post.
Gone_Fishin
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2082 posts

Postby Barney Google » Aug 22nd, 2017, 6:28 am

It pays to be a friend of a friend in the Trudeau administration.

Trudeau's good buddy and right hand man Gerald Butts is defending the above scale pay his good buddy, Rana Sankar,

Canada's new consul general in San Francisco is receiving.

Interestingly in the past Sankar has run for office a few times but never got elected...that's okay though his Liberal BFFs

are looking after him anyway with this cushy appointment and salary.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown

2 people like this post.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3267 posts

Postby Rwede » Aug 22nd, 2017, 7:54 am

Barney Google wrote:It pays to be a friend of a friend in the Trudeau administration.

Trudeau's good buddy and right hand man Gerald Butts is defending the above scale pay his good buddy, Rana Sankar,

Canada's new consul general in San Francisco is receiving.

Interestingly in the past Sankar has run for office a few times but never got elected...that's okay though his Liberal BFFs

are looking after him anyway with this cushy appointment and salary.

Disgusting!
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4933 posts

Postby Rwede » Aug 22nd, 2017, 10:07 am

And now Trudeau has hired former Tides Canada VP Sarah Goodman on as a senior policy advisor in the PMO.

That meeting with Soros, who is Tides' main funder, is just a coincidence though, eh?

https://twitter.com/fairquestions/statu ... 2881945600

We're beyond screwed.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Gone_Fishin » Aug 26th, 2017, 8:45 am

Not sure what you think, but isn't that hand a bit low on Ms Payette's rear, Justin?

When you're dead, you don't know you are dead. It is only difficult for the others.

Gone_Fishin
Lord of the Board

Postby jimmy4321 » Aug 26th, 2017, 8:47 am

You're pretty desperate eh?
jimmy4321
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1390 posts

Postby the truth » Aug 26th, 2017, 8:51 am

Gone_Fishin wrote:Not sure what you think, but isn't that hand a bit low on Ms Payette's rear, Justin?

if that was trump instead of jt , it would be front page news for a month
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

2 people like this post.
the truth
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4303 posts

Postby Barney Google » Aug 27th, 2017, 9:49 am

Is this the beginning of a pattern? Lol

First an elbow and now a hand? Lol [icon_lol2.gif]
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown

Gone_Fishin likes this post.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3267 posts

Postby Gone_Fishin » Aug 28th, 2017, 5:29 am

3 people like this post.
Gone_Fishin
Lord of the Board

Postby Rwede » Sep 1st, 2017, 1:53 pm

One minute and 31 seconds of saying nothing.

https://twitter.com/CPAC_TV/status/903095144009916418

Is that a skill or an inability? I'm going with the latter.

2 people like this post.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

PreviousNext

Return to Canada