Kills 4,does one month incarcerated.

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Kills 4,does one month incarcerated.

Post by Ken7 »

http://cjme.com/article/1162245/drunk-d ... nce-report

What is your thoughts, kill four spend one month in jail and off to a healing lodge. I have trouble with this knowing there are healing lodges on some of the Federal Institutions.

"Based on a healing and holistic approach, indigenous programs target offenders’ needs in the context of Indigenous history, culture, and spirituality, while at the same time addressing the factors related to criminal behaviour," she wrote to 650 CKOM.

I wonder if a Christian or Muslim for that matter said they needed spiritual support and healing, if they would be granted such leave??
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Kills 4,does one month incarcerated.

Post by maryjane48 »

CSC makes placement determinations based on the risk posed by an offender, their personal needs and potential for re-integration into society. Factors such as employment, marital status, substance abuse, emotional stability and attitude are also considered.

CSC Regional Communications Administrator Joan Dunajski, speaking in general terms, said indigenous inmates can be transferred to a healing lodge to provide culture-specific correctional services.

from your link .

the cop that killed the kid on a crosswalk didnt get a minute in jail and here you are outraged at just this ? why ? because it is a firstnations person ? or not a cop ?

im all for for throwing drunk drivers in jail if it is evenly applied in every instance

Corporal Scott MacMillan was off duty when he was pulled over by a member of Kings District RCMP on highway 101 on Christmas Eve.

On January 4, MacMillan was charged with Impaired Driving and Refusing a Breath Demand.

MacMillan is a 26 year member of the RCMP and currently serves with the Southwest Nova Major Crimes Unit.

He was released from custody on December 24 and will appear in Kentville Provincial Court on February 14.

Cpl. MacMillan has been placed on administrative leave while an internal Code of Conduct investigation is underway.

http://ckbw.ca/news/1026585655/rcmp-off ... ng-charges
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

First off we are a long long way from giving life sentencing for texting and killing when a drunk :cuss: kills and this is their punishment.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I don't care who you are, you get behind the steering wheel of a vehicle. You had better not have been drinking... texting etc.
If you cause injury or death as the driver then you must be held accountable, again I don't care if you are average joe/jane or the pope.
Accountable is full extent of the law... not if's buts or maybe's about it.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I honestly think it should be zero tolerance when it comes to impaired driving, with stiff penalties that very quickly escalate to a total lifetime driving ban. The idea of splitting hairs on how impaired someone is, is BS to me.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Driving impaired is like taking a loaded rifle and shooting it into a crowd and claiming you weren't aiming at anyone. Everyone should be held accountable and for sure never have a license again if they kill someone, period. NO ONE should be exempt.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

maryjane48 wrote:

from your link .

the cop that killed the kid on a crosswalk didnt get a minute in jail and here you are outraged at just this ? why ? because it is a firstnations person ? or not a cop ?

im all for for throwing drunk drivers in jail if it is evenly applied in every instance

Corporal Scott MacMillan was off duty when he was pulled over by a member of Kings District RCMP on highway 101 on Christmas Eve.

On January 4, MacMillan was charged with Impaired Driving and Refusing a Breath Demand.

MacMillan is a 26 year member of the RCMP and currently serves with the Southwest Nova Major Crimes Unit.

He was released from custody on December 24 and will appear in Kentville Provincial Court on February 14.

Cpl. MacMillan has been placed on administrative leave while an internal Code of Conduct investigation is underway.

http://ckbw.ca/news/1026585655/rcmp-off ... ng-charges

Not sure if you directed this to me or not. First off, the link you provide is not concluded by Court of Law as I can see. If he is guilty, you bet I agree he should be sitting in jail, cop or not. I do not give Police any free rides!

On the case I sighted, it is a joke!

No one who kills while under the influence of alcohol or drug should walk FREE. She in my mind is walking free.

She should spend no less then 2/3 of her sentence behind bars and then go heal! I do hope she gets the alcohol treatment she appears to need. She will likely go back to the reserve she came from while doing her time, where is the deterrent?

As for the healing lodge, sorry but I'm likely more knowledgeable about that then you as my brother-in-law who is native actually helps set them up in the Federal system.

IF you think I'm prejudice, your are right, I do not like people who kill and walk free it doesn't matter on race, color, or occupation!

Return to “Canada”