Immigration Canada Website Did Not Crash Because of Trump

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Immigration Canada Website Did Not Crash Because of Trump

Post by Glacier »

An immigration website that was supposedly overwhelmed by Americans wanting to flee to Canada because of a Trump presidency was more likely brought down by foreigners scrambling to get a basic travel document before a deadline.

CBC News has learned that the website for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada was already in trouble hours before Donald Trump's victory became clear on Nov. 8, the day of the U.S. presidential election.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/website ... -1.4003637
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Veovis
Guru

Re: Immigration Canada Website Did Not Crash Because of Trum

Post by Veovis »

Now now Glacier, let's not let facts get in the way of blame.

I just don't get it though, the media really does make mountains out of non Trump related issues and blame them all on Trump which only serves to justify his "fake news" shtick.

The fact is Trump is going to make enough stupid comments and decisions that the media will never be lacking so why discredit themselves, it only helps Trump.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Lol it's like saying that rain wasn't responsible for all the people out with umbrellas, because people brought umbrellas with them a few hours before it started to rain.

So the fact the immigration website crashed on the same day as the election is complete coincidence? Simply because it started having trouble a couple hours before the final results were called. It's not as though anyone would bother looking into the possibility of immigrating before the final tally is counted.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Omnitheo wrote:Lol it's like saying that rain wasn't responsible for all the people out with umbrellas, because people brought umbrellas with them a few hours before it started to rain.

So the fact the immigration website crashed on the same day as the election is complete coincidence? Simply because it started having trouble a couple hours before the final results were called. It's not as though anyone would bother looking into the possibility of immigrating before the final tally is counted.

So in other words, the website crashed because people were worried Hillary was going to win.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Now, is the story favorable enough not to call this fake news???
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

jimmy4321 wrote:Now, is the story favorable enough not to call this fake news???

No, it's not fake news. It was an honest mistake, and good on the CBC for correcting it. I get trouble from conservatives for this opinion, but I think the CBC is a good source for news. Obviously, it's not a good idea to rely on just the CBC, but a good source anyway.

Anyway, fake news would mean that in spite of all the evidence to the contrary, they continue to believe and promote the idea that Americans worried about Donald Trump crashed the site.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
dirtrider
Lord of the Board

Post by dirtrider »

Glacier wrote:
Anyway, fake news would mean that in spite of all the evidence to the contrary, they continue to believe and promote the idea that Americans worried about Donald Trump crashed the site.

[icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] Good one!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Glacier wrote:
jimmy4321 wrote:Now, is the story favorable enough not to call this fake news???

No, it's not fake news. It was an honest mistake, and good on the CBC for correcting it. I get trouble from conservatives for this opinion, but I think the CBC is a good source for news. Obviously, it's not a good idea to rely on just the CBC, but a good source anyway.

If any conservatives give you grief for having an opinion contrary to the popular conservative ideal that the CBC is a den of leftists fake news writers, a liberal girl will give them grief right back. No one picks on you for having your own opinion! :admin:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
HoboJo
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by HoboJo »

No one picks on you for having your own opinion!

Heck, even individual reporters can have an opinion. In my opinion.

It is the systemic mix of corporate greed and a "news brand's" desire to shape the narrative that is a problem.

The CBC is hugely "left" but, as has been emphasized by OP, not entirely partisan.

God save the queen! (And CBC, wot, wot)
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

HoboJo wrote:
God save the queen! (And CBC, wot, wot)

From my limited experience and knowledge it would take more then God to save our favourite Queen....
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

The real crashing was done by vacuous celebrities as they backtracked on their promises to leave the country if the election didn't go their way.
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
HoboJo
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by HoboJo »

Too be flippant, the

website for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada was already in trouble

I don't want to hijack this thread to point out government union jobs but.... How does a site find itself in trouble?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

HoboJo wrote:I don't want to hijack this thread to point out government union jobs but.... How does a site find itself in trouble?

working-for-the-government-what-my-friends-think-i-do.jpg
- Douglas Murray
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

HoboJo wrote:
I don't want to hijack this thread to point out government union jobs but.... How does a site find itself in trouble?

Easy. No accountability. Not hiring the best and brightest, but hiring based on quotas (including doing a penis test for cabinet ministers) and/or patronage. That's how the government rapidly turns into a festering swamp.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

:cuss: Ummmm, ya, today I was privileged to over hear Registered Nurses discussing how to delivery quality healthcare in a home not suited to the use of an electric wheelchair and what the solutions might be. She wasn't :cuss:ing asleep at her desk. That's just the tip of the all day iceberg, oh, do we factor in all the 911 calls I've heard about lately to assist people? What about the :cuss:ing schedulers who get s :cuss: t on all day by demands coming in from everybody? And all the support staff who are working to keep people safe in their homes and making sure that when it's no longer possible, that those people get appropriately placed? I could go on and on, but suit your own biases about government workers. No one did a "penis" test either, it was all skilled based hiring, I assure you.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Canada”