Man not charged for rape, because ?

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Man not charged for rape, because ?

Post by maryjane48 »

This does not mean, however, that an intoxicated person cannot give consent to sexual activity. Clearly, a drunk can consent.

that is what judge said

my problem with this is if a person drinks past a certain amount they are deemed insafe to drive because judgment is impaired . that should also apply to this to .

thats from same link
ifwisheswerehorses
Übergod

Post by ifwisheswerehorses »

Since drunks can give verbal consent then written should be just as legal.

I guess you could include any kind of document signing as well. I'm going to go out and find the wealthiest person I know, get them drunk and then have them change their will in my favour.
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Judge lets assualter get off free

Post by Ken7 »

Even Steven wrote:Perhaps there's a reason for it?

Not defending the accused as I feel otherwise. However Canadian law you must prove without a reasonable doubt. The Judge states it in the article why he could not convict.

But Lenehan said, while she was unconscious when Const. Monia Thibault found her, and therefore unable to consent, the judge said it is “unknown” when she passed out, and “this is important” as she may have consented to the encounter before losing consciousness.

He acknowledged that someone “who is unconscious or is so intoxicated … as to be incapable of understanding or perceiving the situation that presents itself” cannot provide consent under Canadian law.

“This does not mean, however, that an intoxicated person cannot give consent to sexual activity,” Lenehan said. “Clearly a drunk can consent.”

There was a very good interview the other day on the radio. I had to agree, a Cabi is a person in trust to a degree and should stay away from this activity. Although we can not say, what occurred leading to this assault. We all know a person can be a part of a conversation, all be it, not being a very intelligent part and the next moment tip over and pass out.

No-one should be left alone in a state of intoxication such as this individual. I hope anyone reading this article figures that much out.

As Lemnehan says, a drunk can consent otherwise some of your sadsacks would not be here.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/201 ... -2012.html he has a history of this ,just like europe. lets pretend we do not have a big muslim male rape culture problem :-X
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Canada”