Canada Child Benifits...CFTC and CATC

Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Canada Child Benifits...CFTC and CATC

Post by Barney Google »

Wasn't one of the Liberals campaign promises...'to make things more fair and help families that needed it most'?

Looks like that didn't quite happen.

CBC News reports on the net show where some of the hitches are.

Will post link in a bit...
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Canada Child Benifits...CFTC and CATC

Post by Rider59 »

Barney Google wrote:Wasn't one of the Liberals campaign promises...'to make things more fair and help families that needed it most'?

Looks like that didn't quite happen.

CBC News reports on the net show where some of the hitches are.

Will post link in a bit...

Can we just get rid of this tax credit? Aren't families already subsidized enough, single people don't get a dime back yet pay proportionally more taxes.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

can married people have GST back then, single people get it but married people lose it, aren't single people subsidised enough already?

OR maybe the entire tax system is a little more complex than each individuals selfish desires. I know my family does worse under this government than the last, I don't like it, but it's not some travesty, just lets me know where not to put my vote next time as this group is for the really rich and middle class and down need not apply.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

Veovis wrote:can married people have GST back then, single people get it but married people lose it, aren't single people subsidised enough already?

OR maybe the entire tax system is a little more complex than each individuals selfish desires. I know my family does worse under this government than the last, I don't like it, but it's not some travesty, just lets me know where not to put my vote next time as this group is for the really rich and middle class and down need not apply.

WTH are you talking about. I don't get a dime of GST back. I'm pretty sure it's an income level rebate and not a married/single thing. Living alone, my proportional cost are generally more than a household with two incomes.

So, your OK with the single people subsidizing your children? No surprise coming from someone getting the Child tax credits. Pffft!
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

But married people have to combine the income kids or not.

My point was that the tax system is a lot more complicated than just you feeling like people with kids get a better deal than yourself.

Rider59 wrote:So, your OK with the single people subsidizing your children? No surprise coming from someone getting the Child tax credits. Pffft!

Which is less than under than Conservatives. Plus I can't claim a number of other items that used to be allowed for kids. I can assure you you aren't subsidizing a single thing in my life. I bet you hate that taxes fund hospitals you might not use too?
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

Veovis wrote:But married people have to combine the income kids or not. Boohoo

My point was that the tax system is a lot more complicated than just you feeling like people with kids get a better deal than yourself. So, all thing being equal your saying you pay the same income tax with the CTC than I do without it? Really?

Rider59 wrote:So, your OK with the single people subsidizing your children? No surprise coming from someone getting the Child tax credits. Pffft!

Which is less than under than Conservatives. Boohoo. Same as me. Woulda thunk Plus I can't claim a number of other items that used to be allowed for kids. Again, Boohoo. Is it a requirement to have kids? I can assure you you aren't subsidizing a single thing in my life. Where is the tax shortfall coming from then if you pay less? I bet you hate that taxes fund hospitals you might not use too? Nope, not at all but I do have a problem with all the social programs available now.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

So for those of you that have kids and were eligible what were the pros and cons of the Liberals changes?

From what I've learned so far most middle and lower income families saw no benifits and many did not take advantage.

Why would that be? Lack of information? Difficult or confusing process?
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

Income sharing gone. Definite con for our family.

They're talking about taxing healthcare. They're adding taxes and not giving the middle class a break.
I haven't failed until I quit.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

The 2016 tax year cost us considerably more.
Expect more increases, how much is Canada in debt again?
Fools who voted for the current PM.
fall
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by fall »

Any low income earners below the magical number that you get dinged once you earn over should have seen an increase, same with the no earners ( welfare ). They did up the monthly child tax amount substantially.
They also took away certain deductions but when you have low income or no income that should not have any affect.
I would assume gst rebates went up, don't know have never recieved one.
What is the maximum amount for child tax per child and maximum gst rebate?
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Rider59 wrote:Boohoo

See you almost get the point. Boofreakinghoo for your poor tax planning abilities and them blame kids. Really.

Learn taxes, help yourself. The Child Tax benefit is doing nothing to harm your returns, you just wanted to whine. Silly. Taxes aren't that complicated, they really aren't.

Barney Google wrote:So for those of you that have kids and were eligible what were the pros and cons of the Liberals changes?

All negative sadly. Haven't actually met any family we know from school that has seen any betterment, a couple neutral, and most have less money now. Some people cry about people getting more, when in reality most are getting far less.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Lady tehMa wrote:Income sharing gone. Definite con for our family.

They're talking about taxing healthcare. They're adding taxes and not giving the middle class a break.

Plus, part of the benefit is now taxable income.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Canada”