Sophie makes Women's Day all about Justin

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Sophie makes Women's Day all about Justin

Post by Rwede »

Sophie Gregoire Trudeau wants to 'celebrate the boys and men' on International Women's Day

POSTMEDIA NETWORK

FIRST POSTED: TUESDAY, MARCH 07, 2017 05:24 PM EST | UPDATED: TUESDAY, MARCH 07, 2017 10:01 PM EST

Let's hear it for the boys!

Sophie Gregoire Trudeau responded to criticism she received Tuesday for an Instagram post where she encouraged "girls and women" to celebrate the men in their lives for International Women's Day. The prime minister's wife said the message was about "gender equality."

Gregoire Trudeau's initial post featured a picture of her and her husband, Justin Trudeau, holding hands with the inscription: "This week, as we mark International Women’s Day, let’s celebrate the boys and men in our lives who encourage us to be who we truly are, who treat girls & women with respect, and who aren’t afraid to speak up in front of others."

In the post, she also asked Instagram users to take a picture holding hands with their "male ally" and share it using the hashtag #TomorrowInHand.

While some women did post pictures of themselves holding hands with the males in their lives, many interpreted Gregoire Trudeau's post as a slight to feminism.

"Celebrating Women's day by celebrating men!?!?! Really, I expected more," wrote one Instagram user.

Another person wrote: "What's next? 'Post your favourite white person to celebrate Black history month'? Or how about a float celebrating straight people in the pride parade? Allies are important but they don't get to be part of our day!!"

Conservative MP Michelle Rempel also weighed on Twitter, sharing a screengrab of Gregoire Trudeau's post with the words "I've never had to have my hand held."

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/03/07/so ... womens-day
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Sophie makes Women's Day all about Justin

Post by The Green Barbarian »

actually admire SGT for this one - good for you Sophie.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

I really think some of our current political leaders and their respective spouses/family members need to have someone

proofread and edit their social media edicts prior to them being posted.

Once it's out there, it's out there and ya can't take it back.

PR people specialize in looking at things from all angles to help avoid missteps.

Surely Sophie's assistance(s) would be happy to help with that.

I am not a SGT fan and this latest public statement(s) confirms my less than favourable opinion of her.

It's National Women's Day not a day to showcase your husband on social media.

I'd much rather see a photo of her with her daughter advocating women mentoring girls or something along that line.
Last edited by Barney Google on Mar 8th, 2017, 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
johnrae
Fledgling

Post by johnrae »

Sophie is just trying to get Canadian women used to the fact that she and her husband want Bill M103 and want Sharia Law. This is the first step. She thinks that she is popular enough to make women put their men in the spot light on a day that is supposed to celebrate woman empowerment. Open your eyes Canada. Read between the lines. Makes me want to puke.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The Green Barbarian wrote:actually admire SGT for this one - good for you Sophie.

You are such a hard core leftist if you think that!

P.S. I totally agree. The SJWs are going all bananas over nothing. SGT was merely pointing out the obvious that men can and should be standing up for women's rights too.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by krocky »

I'm pretty sure he once called himself a feminist, so really it is his day too..!!!
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I always thought she was the brains in that couple. After seeing this I wonder? Maybe she is just so proud to be the wife of Justin and feels without his support she would not be the woman she is.... oh well.
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

The prime minister's wife said the message was about "gender equality."

Her balls probably equally compare in size to JTs and they were just showing their gender equality.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

What is wrong with her statement? Her husband acknowledges himself as a feminist. And she wants to acknowledge men. This is a good thing. This is equality.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

JLives wrote:What is wrong with her statement? Her husband acknowledges himself as a feminist. And she wants to acknowledge men. This is a good thing. This is equality.

Well clearly you're not an extreme left SJW like Rwede then. Otherwise, you'd see how utterly wrong it is to even think about mentioning men on women's day.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Glacier, you're right, Rwede has come full circle to outrage and protests.

Rwede, WELCOME to the our side! It's about time. Would you like a coloured ribbon?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Canada”