Marc Emery

GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Marc Emery

Post by GrooveTunes »

The law says Canadians are allowed to buy their medical marijuana only by mail, from one of a small handful of officially licensed producers.
All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Lots of ppl allowed to grow though . They just by law are not allowed to sell .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

By law they are to grow for free for them self or for patients who assign them their license
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

GrooveTunes wrote:The law says Canadians are allowed to buy their medical marijuana only by mail, from one of a small handful of officially licensed producers.

Can you post where you found this law. Thanks
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Does anyone know is "Crop King Seeds" the business of Emery. It does show this address which I believe is his.
Attachments
address-phone-number.jpg
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

Wow this issue is really all over the place it seems...

The reality is its illegal right now. Yes it will become a taxable product in the very near future but until then its illegal.

Its no different than carrying someone else's prescription. If you're not medically cleared to use it then you can't buy it.

However, the whole argument about the government taking it out of the hands of orgainzed crime etc is very valid.

How do I know?

Once upon a time alcohol was illegal and the crime lords used it as a way to make money to fund their needs. Then it became legal and the government taxed it.

What happened?

When was the last time you bought your booze from a dude out in the bush? You didn't. You bought it at a store.

When weed becomes legal you too will buy it at a proper store.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Chyren wrote:
However, the whole argument about the government taking it out of the hands of orgainzed crime etc is very valid.

How do I know?

Once upon a time alcohol was illegal and the crime lords used it as a way to make money to fund their needs. Then it became legal and the government taxed it.

What happened?

When was the last time you bought your booze from a dude out in the bush? You didn't. You bought it at a store.

When weed becomes legal you too will buy it at a proper store.

Take a sit back for one moment.

What percent of pot smoking Canadians are middle class? What percent of pot smokin Canadians would buy cigarettes at 50% of the store price?

IF you have a drug habit, would you buy your 1/4 oz, from the back street vendor if you could save 25% for argument sake?

Do you know someone who makes good home brew, 100%.... let me know. I love the taste of brew!
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Middle upper low class u name it . Everyone values a buck . No one gonna want to pay more for same product .

JLives
Buddha of the Board

Re: Marc emery

Post by JLives »

Ken7 wrote:
I'll try and simplify this for you.

IF he sells 100 lbs of seed he could in reality, claim he only sold 75 lbs and pay tax on that. He has done it so long he knows the tax man and police will consider proceeds of crime. He therefore has to show tax to try and appear above board.

Think about it, criminals do not follow tax laws or any law for that matter.

As for you argument, do you know how heavy 36 seeds are? The packaging will likely weigh as much if not more then the seeds. When you look at thousands of packages, that would be splitting hairs on how much did the product weigh that was sold.

It is that simple, he could withhold 25% of his cash and no-one would find it. He likely sells to others, such as the Hells Angles and other growers in bulk. He likely wouldn't be showing receipts for those persons.

Drug dealers don't usually keep all of there transactions right to the dime as a grocery store would as everything goes through their till.

I'll try and simplify this for you. Selling marijuana seeds is legal in Canada.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Ken7 wrote:Does anyone know is "Crop King Seeds" the business of Emery. It does show this address which I believe is his.

Well, that address takes you to (or immediately beside) the Cannabis Culture smoke lounge. Amsterdam Cafe.

They have multiple floors and the upper ones house the BC Marijuana Party.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Marc emery

Post by Ken7 »

JLives wrote:
I'll try and simplify this for you. Selling marijuana seeds is legal in Canada.

Apparently not simplified enough for you.

You totally missed it, he likely avoided total TAXES. That is illegal as far as I know, but never enforced tax evasion laws.

I never said anything about selling seeds being unlawful or can you show me where I did??

Do you get it. I policed for over 25 years and have forgotten more then you appear know. But thanks!
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

facts are . once it is legal no one will buy from some dude in a ally. that wil be eliminated . overnight. anyone saying contray is fearmongering for personal reasons . and should see anger managment .

second fact the cops have said the emerys are tied to organised crime . lets see the evidence . otherwise its a smear campaign by cops who need more timmie breaks possibly . heaven forbid they go after the real criminals .

third if the cops cant prove mob ties then the emerys will sue for tax money and win . :smt045
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Likely? You have nothing to base that on. He paid taxes. You're guessing that he didn't pay "enough" and have no evidence of that.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

lol at taxes . the cops said the reason was organised crime ties . lets see the proof sgt stedanko
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

So do u guys think they can lock up a pot dealer while the government is actively promoting fentanyl use and lethal injection sites . Even pharmaceutical heroin is being discussed . Yet we are gonna lock up a pot dealer . I see this issue from many angles .

Return to “Canada”