Trudeau - Weeding through Priorities

What_the
Übergod

Re: Trudeau - Weeding through Priorities

Post by What_the »

techrtr wrote:Something on the news this morning about a study showing the dangers of pot smoking and driving. Stoned driving fatalities especially among young people way up in states that legalized pot. Hope Trudeau has some plan to make sure that enforcement is possible, and that kids realize that smoking pot and driving is no different than drinking and driving.

Which news? Whose news?
I just think whatever you're referencing, aside from your own bias, is false. People just don't work like that. The interesting part is that the numbers of stoned drivers hasn't really changed, sure people can cite exceptions, and there's always exceptions to the rule, but the reality is those that drived stoned while the drug was illegal are driving when it's now legal.
Seriously, now get this, stoned people are/were already breaking the law. According to some here that's the be all and end all and this post isn't necessarily about that, even though they don't realize they're guilty of some ridiculously outdated law on the books... I digress. Already breaking the law, right, so they're already criminals just by possessing weed so that is somehow the defining factor whether to drive stoned. We already know that they are when codified illegal on both counts.

Simply put, nobody drives stoned because it's now legal to smoke recreational weed simply because stoned driving is codified like impaired driving is. Bench marks. Police are far more professionally trained to detect "drug" impaired driving.....hilarious, a MADD.ca commercial about this very subject just scrolled across the TV while writing this ...
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Actually the truth is driving impaired, using illegal drugs, whatever, quit making excuses, quit crying, man up and take possession of your personal actions. You did it, you own it.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Smurf wrote:Actually the truth is driving impaired, using illegal drugs, whatever, quit making excuses, quit crying, man up and take possession of your personal actions. You did it, you own it.

Extremely disappointed in that response smurf. I know you're smarter than that WADR. That is not at all what I was speaking about, and I hate to say this because going back almost a decade on this board, I actually know where you stand and what you stand for (as much as possible given)
I don't disagree. I disagree. I have also posted emotionally.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Sorry, I was not aiming that at you, but I guess my words sounded like it. I just said what I believe and I think most know about me. I believe in obeying the law. If you don't like it, work to have it changed but don't break it.That is the way I was raised and that is what I believe. My father who was an avid hunter and fisherman even traveled frequently with a local game warden to help catch lawbreakers. My father hated poachers, people hunting illegally with dogs etc and did all he could to stop them. I grew up agreeing with him.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

You're a good man sir, I know I have come across wrongly at times and I do understand your position. My upbringing isn't the same but shares similar values. My father and yours would get along well methinks.
And I'll also say if my post sparked a slight in a direction that spoke to you specifically, wasnt my intention. Ill be better to remember that there's sound thoughts and just gum flapping....

Guilty sometimes lol
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

The law is the law.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/calg ... -1.4063281

Alberta woman arrested over single marijuana plant
48-year-old woman facing charges of possession and production of marijuana
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

More hypocrisy.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/pot-leg ... -1.4072997

No plan for pot-conviction amnesty amid legalization move, Liberals say
Don't expect blanket pardon of past convictions for marijuana possession, Ralph Goodale says

The law is illegitimate. Pardons must be issued immediately.

Were slaves convicted of "running away" or "refusing a order" held to their criminal records when slavery was abolished?
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

Atomoa wrote:More hypocrisy.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/pot-leg ... -1.4072997

No plan for pot-conviction amnesty amid legalization move, Liberals say
Don't expect blanket pardon of past convictions for marijuana possession, Ralph Goodale says

The law is illegitimate. Pardons must be issued immediately.

Were slaves convicted of "running away" or "refusing a order" held to their criminal records when slavery was abolished?

*removed* what has slavery to do with dope? You were convicted then it should stand, u broke the law. :130: :smt045 :200:
Last edited by ferri on Apr 17th, 2017, 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: baiting
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

the states changed the pot laws because they thought black men would get white women stoned and then have easy sex . hence the movie reefermadness [icon_lol2.gif]
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Return to “Canada”