Trudeau - Weeding through Priorities

Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Trudeau - Weeding through Priorities

Post by Barney Google »

:spitcoffee: CBC news is reporting that JT and the Liberals are making the moves to legalize pot by 2018...lol

Well, guess we know where the priorities lay for our government...and one promise they are making an effort to keep! :up:

I'm going to sleep so much better now...
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Trudeau - Weeding through Priorities

Post by Ken7 »

What I find funny is how they are leaving parts of it for the Provinces to figure out. Since when is federal law dealt with like that?

I'd also love to read the results of the study on the effects of cannabis use, maybe they forgot they said they were going to do that. What a s-show this government is putting on.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Strange, following through with a key component of their platform. And here I thought that's what they're supposed to do.
Jesus Christ could run for politics and people would still complain.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Ken7 wrote:What I find funny is how they are leaving parts of it for the Provinces to figure out. Since when is federal law dealt with like that?

I'd also love to read the results of the study on the effects of cannabis use, maybe they forgot they said they were going to do that. What a s-show this government is putting on.

Healthcare is always like that

Federal Health Act, Federal Money, Given to Provinces to implement.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Maybe if we're all stoned we won't care about the economy or election reform or rampant spending...?

Ingenious, Sparky!
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

It's suspicious that the day is so close to the election . My bet . This gets held up. To be used as another promise for another election . Libs r scum
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

3 months before the election.

What a joke.

Expect at least 50,000-75,000 more Canadians to be charged with simple possession in the meantime. That's a lot a lives ruined and a lot of police resources being used in order to protect Justin's re-election chances.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

This is not new information. We have known since April 20th of last year that the legislation would be announced this Spring and enacted a year or so following. We received the report a few months ago that the legislation will be based on. They are doing exactly what they said they would do. What exactly is the problem? This is massive legislation that you need to dot your I's and cross your T's on, it can't be rushed but it is coming.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

JLives wrote:What exactly is the problem?

Ask any of the close to 100,000 people how have criminal records under JT's watch just because they were unlucky enough to get caught with marijuana, unlike Justin who smoked doobies and got away with it.

They need to decriminalize it in the meantime.

This is terrible policy enactment, not to mention baiting the Liberals re-election on it.

- Buckminster Fuller
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Because that can be done instantly with the stroke of a pen? No, they are going about it properly and putting in the effort to get it right and people are still complaining about it. I have known the timing of this since they were elected, read the news man. There isn't exactly precedent for an entire country to make it legal for recreational use. It has nothing to do with the election, it's just how long it takes to make it happen properly.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

JLives wrote:Because that can be done instantly with the stroke of a pen?

Uhg, the excuses are outrageous. Are you the legal representation of Justin Trudeau, or is he your employee? Do you work for him or does he work for you?

Direct the RCMP not to pursue simple marijuana charges until full legalization takes place. Easy. Done. He is doing the opposite.

The fact you can go to 100 pot shops in Vancouver and get a criminal record in Toronto for a joint is a black mark on our justice system. The fact Justin was lucky enough not to be caught with marijuana while he smoked it but directs the RCMP to bust people for the crimes he got away with is beyond hypocritical

- Buckminster Fuller
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Atomoa wrote:
Ask any of the close to 100,000 people how have criminal records under JT's watch just because they were unlucky enough to get caught with marijuana, unlike Justin who smoked doobies and got away with it.

They need to decriminalize it in the meantime.

This is terrible policy enactment, not to mention baiting the Liberals re-election on it.

Those number seem steep, curious what legit source you get this from?

Either way at least there should be some taxes come in that otherwise would get lost to drug dealers or gangs

I agree though i'd rather see this legalized and settled some sooner than later so we could get an actual idea as to how much tax revenue would come of it etc before the next election.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

jimmy4321 wrote:Those number seem steep, curious what legit source you get this from?

Canada arrested about 50,000 people for possession in 2014, charged about half of them.

In Canada there is a pot arrest every 9 minutes. Trudeau has been in power for 18 months and pot possession charges have actually gone up since he was in power. Figure about 75K arrested 50,000 people charged but then against were talking simple possession and not sale. If yon think a "drug dealer" selling weed is a bad thing then fine, but I dont see the difference between smoking it and selling it so tack on another 25,000 at least. This is not even factoring in the people busted for growing.

Justin was lucky enought not to get caught, for 50,000 other Canadians it's a sad story. Justin cannot relate because he got away with it. Maybe if Justin was caught with marijuana and was banned from entering the US because of his DRUG CHARGES he might have some empathy. But he got away with it so screw everyone else.

How much money is going towards the RCMP, courts and justice system to run on the marijuana hamster wheel for the next 18 months? How many real criminals are going to get away with their crimes because the RCMP are busy busting hippies?

This delay is all about monopoly protection and enforcement.

Tweed is going to have their own private corporate security force - the RCMP!

- Buckminster Fuller
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Where are you picking up these numbers?
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Atomoa wrote: That's a lot a lives ruined

The lives are ruined because those people choose to do drugs and screw themselves up.

It has nothing to do with legal/illegal. It has to do with poor choices by drug users.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

Return to “Canada”