Trudeau - Weeding through Priorities

Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Trudeau - Weeding through Priorities

Post by Ken7 »

Atomoa wrote:3 months before the election.

What a joke.

Expect at least 50,000-75,000 more Canadians to be charged with simple possession in the meantime. That's a lot a lives ruined and a lot of police resources being used in order to protect Justin's re-election chances.

That is funny. As it is if you know something is Illegal, how is it that anyone is ruining their lives but themselves. You must be a millennium, never anyone's fault but the law. Wait a moment, take responsibility for ones actions.

Why do people not just shoot others who they dislike, it's the law. If they did they would be ruining their own lives.

Wait until it is legal then smoke yourself stupid, we don't care then. IF you think police will be grabbing as many people for simple possession knowing the laws will be changing, you have no clue. Currently from what I hear they tell you to butt out and get lost.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Atomoa, people being arrested aren't simply being arrested for possession of marijuana. They are being arrested for breaking the law.

The current laws still stand until they are changed. Even if you disagree with the law, or know change is coming, it is still currently the law of the land.

The moment we start picking and choosing our own "head-laws" the whole thing falls apart. This can be pretty evident during your daily commute.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Atomoa wrote:Uhg, the excuses are outrageous. Are you the legal representation of Justin Trudeau, or is he your employee? Do you work for him or does he work for you?

Direct the RCMP not to pursue simple marijuana charges until full legalization takes place. Easy. Done. He is doing the opposite.

The fact you can go to 100 pot shops in Vancouver and get a criminal record in Toronto for a joint is a black mark on our justice system. The fact Justin was lucky enough not to be caught with marijuana while he smoked it but directs the RCMP to bust people for the crimes he got away with is beyond hypocritical

It's not hypocritical at all. It's illegal now - even in Vancouver, though we have municipal police that have different priorities than a federal police force. Emery's facilities here were still raided what, two weeks ago?

You'd have to be outrageously naive to think that Trudeau could decriminalize marijuana immediately. It very clearly does take time to do, but in the meantime it is still illegal. Even in Vancouver. If you're an idiot, you'll still get arrested here.

You're suggesting that people should not be responsible for their own actions. Sure, Trudeau smoked it, just as many, many thousands have smoked it and have not been caught or charged. To suggest that people shouldn't be responsible for knowingly using it as it is still very much illegal is silly.

Keep in mind, I'm 100% a supporter of marijuana legalization across the board, but I understand that it takes time to do.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

FreeRights wrote:It's not hypocritical at all. It's illegal now - even in Vancouver, though we have municipal police that have different priorities than a federal police force. Emery's facilities here were still raided what, two weeks ago?

You'd have to be outrageously naive to think that Trudeau could decriminalize marijuana immediately. It very clearly does take time to do, but in the meantime it is still illegal. Even in Vancouver. If you're an idiot, you'll still get arrested here.

You're suggesting that people should not be responsible for their own actions. Sure, Trudeau smoked it, just as many, many thousands have smoked it and have not been caught or charged. To suggest that people shouldn't be responsible for knowingly using it as it is still very much illegal is silly.

Keep in mind, I'm 100% a supporter of marijuana legalization across the board, but I understand that it takes time to do.

I retired in 2006 from Police work. Even back then there was a ruling on quantity of cannabis before charging anyone with simple possession.

I do not recall how many grams, but every one was carrying only three joints and no more. Why because we would crush it and then toss it in the air to the wind and tell them to get lost. I'm certain it has not and will not change.

As for those Trafficking, wake up, you do not have the legal right to provide yet. Even municipalities who are giving them licenses to open shop or a business that I questioned from the start why they would become involved in anything Illegal at that time.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Rwede wrote:The lives are ruined because those people choose to do drugs and screw themselves up.

It has nothing to do with legal/illegal. It has to do with poor choices by drug users.

The laws are being changed because they are unjust. We have no right to jail adults for using any substance that they choose to. Our citizens have made it clear we don't support putting this lucrative industry in the hands of criminals or punishing people for growing a plant. No matter where you fall on the political spectrum there are solid reasons to support legalizing marijuana for recreational use.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

What a load of horse. Don't get caught . It's legal now if u r not a fool
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

JLives wrote:
Rwede wrote:The lives are ruined because those people choose to do drugs and screw themselves up.

It has nothing to do with legal/illegal. It has to do with poor choices by drug users.

The laws are being changed because they are unjust. We have no right to jail adults for using any substance that they choose to. Our citizens have made it clear we don't support putting this lucrative industry in the hands of criminals or punishing people for growing a plant. No matter where you fall on the political spectrum there are solid reasons to support legalizing marijuana for recreational use.

The laws are only unjust to people who have ruined their cognitive abilities on what is right and what is wrong by using drugs.

Those who have not fallen into drug dependency/addiction understand the laws as being fair and designed to help dissuade people from choosing a life of drug dependency.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

What i find most bizarre is this idea that these illegal storefronts who are basically bootleggers with ties to god knows who think they have some right to have a foothold in whatever legal version comes about.
If they are not gonna shut them down now. When our government comes up with something to replace these shops-, they immediately should be shut down and everyone associated with them be blacklisted when it comes to this type of business.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Rwede wrote:
The laws are only unjust to people who have ruined their cognitive abilities on what is right and what is wrong by using drugs.

Those who have not fallen into drug dependency/addiction understand the laws as being fair and designed to help dissuade people from choosing a life of drug dependency.

So those who drink alcohol or wanted alcohol to be available in supermarkets, their decisions are sound by their alcohol addled brains? When the city gives a license for a coffee shop to open, it's because they have become caffeine dependents no longer capable of functioning in society drug free?

Sorry Rwede. You can't just use drugs as a catch all term. Today I need Advil and Tylenol to get through my work day. Yet you would villainize me for my choice to do drugs? Even if a medical professional prescribed them to me?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Omnitheo wrote:
Rwede wrote:

So those who drink alcohol or wanted alcohol to be available in supermarkets, their decisions are sound by their alcohol addled brains? When the city gives a license for a coffee shop to open, it's because they have become caffeine dependents no longer capable of functioning in society drug free?

Sorry Rwede. You can't just use drugs as a catch all term. Today I need Advil and Tylenol to get through my work day. Yet you would villainize me for my choice to do drugs? Even if a medical professional prescribed them to me?

Your argument to legitimize another form of drug dependency based on your own vices falls flat.

If you burn your house down, is it okay because someone else burned their house down too? Of course not, and legalizing more harmful substances isn't okay because someone legalized other harmful substances.

BTW, comparing bona fide medicine to illicit drugs is another massive fail. Recreational pot is not medicine, it is a harmful drug.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Rwede wrote:Your argument to legitimize another form of drug dependency based on your own vices falls flat.

If you burn your house down, is it okay because someone else burned their house down too? Of course not, and legalizing more harmful substances isn't okay because someone legalized other harmful substances.

BTW, comparing bona fide medicine to illicit drugs is another massive fail. Recreational pot is not medicine, it is a harmful drug.

If you wish to keep marijuana illegal, that's fine but you should also be in support of re-classifying other "harmful drugs" to re-evaluate their legitimacy as there are far more harmful things than marijuana out there that are legal.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Rwede, the only difference between "medicine" and "illicit drugs" is the law. Most medicine is in the form of drugs. The words are synonyms.

There have been many scientific studies, and there is a reason many people use medicinal marijuana. Heck, even Sir Patrick Stewart recently spoke about how he uses it to handle his arthritis.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 32721.html

I think it's important for the government to do harm/benefit reviews of all substances, both legal and illegal and update the laws according to new scientific evidence, and studies on society.

Granted alcohol would probably be made illegal, but hey, we need some sort of consistency in our laws.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

anyone against legal weed should be shot dead on sight for crime against humanity . theres zero proof any type of god exists yet we have to have fairytale believing rights . and here these same folks who cry like little babies if they are forced to sell a cake to a lesbian couple are the most vocal on not giving people who choose to entertain themselves or medicate themselves the right to do so .

same as the cops . they claim to serve and protect but when their priority is to enforce unjust laws its time that country starts to scrutinize what exactly serve and protect means . our supreme court has said 2 things . first medical users have a right to obtain and use with out fear of commiting a crime . second it also has said making criminals out people who choose to use it is against their charter rights . and even provincial courts are starting to say if a cop smells weed it cant be assumed a crime is being commited .
JollyGreenBully
Banned

Post by JollyGreenBully »

Rwede wrote:Recreational pot is not medicine, it is a harmful drug.

What about people who use it "recreationally" but only because they can't get prescriptions? Yet it helps massively with their psychiatric disorders like anxiety and can even be cheaper than many psychiatric drugs? Not to mention it won't cause liver damage and can even have fewer side effects than say Valium.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

the guy that admits to drinking bokze yet puts down weed is same guy who will be dead from bokze while the guy that smokes weed shows up at the drinkers funreal to smoke a joint in his honor [icon_lol2.gif]

Return to “Canada”