Legalizing Pot

Omnitheo
Guru

Re: Legalizing Pot

Post by Omnitheo »

Since we're talking about our sensitivities and odours, I say we also apply laws to perfumes. There's that one that I smell on old people often that smells like bread mold. Makes me want to puke.

Let's legislate what odours are appropriate where. We can probably get Chilliwack shut down for the offensive odours we're forced to drive through.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Omnitheo wrote:Let's legislate what odours are appropriate where. We can probably get Chilliwack shut down for the offensive odours we're forced to drive through.

It's not like people who smoke regular cigarettes smell like rainbows lol.
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Jflem1983 wrote:Lol they don't vent to atmosphere . Actually they likely have built rooms inside rooms . With can fans and charcoal filters . What u smell is probably when they are trimming

Thank you Jflem 'n Voice of Reason 'n other gracious informative Forum Colleagues who kindly pointed out what is more than

likely going on rather than 'venting'...either way the 'Odor' seems to always be prevalent at night and at times stinks up the

neighbourhood to the point of causing coughing and eyes watering. If this were in town, there'd be hell to pay.

How in the heck can the workers function properly in that environment? :up:
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Lots of commercial building in town
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

CBC News:

Pot legalization: What will it mean for schools?
"Codes of conduct ensure there's no need to fear a generation of stoned students, educators say"...

...The revelation that the federal government will legalize marijuana in Canada by July 1, 2018, has sparked a flurry of speculation about possible implications.

But those imagining a disastrous Canada-wide increase in high school students showing up stoned in classrooms need not worry, school boards say.

"Even if it may be decriminalized and even if a student may be of the age in which he or she can purchase marijuana, our code of conduct is still in place," said John Bowyer, superintendent of safety and security for the Durham District School Board, east of Toronto. "What we expect is that our students come to school prepared to learn and ... in a state of mind that they can be safe and they can learn appropriately." ..."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/what-will ... -1.4044583

:spitcoffee: I'm if we ourselves didn't, we knew of plenty of kids who, showed up to class stoned when we attended High

School...lol Is this guy for real? Code of Conduct...LOL
Last edited by Barney Google on Mar 29th, 2017, 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Oh goodie...just in time for summer vacation!!! The teachers will LOVE this...

CBC News:

Liberals to announce marijuana will be legal by July 1, 2018

"CBC News has learned that the federal government will announce the week of April 10 that new legislation will make the sale of marijuana legal by July 1, 2018. ..."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/liberal ... -1.4041902
- Unknown
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

Those who feel the need to medicate themselves are turning to marijuana as a less harmful legal alternative to opioids.

Opioid Abuse Is Plummeting In States With Legal Marijuana

In states that legalized medical marijuana, U.S. hospitals failed to see a predicted influx of pot smokers, but in an unexpected twist, they treated far fewer opioid users, a new study shows.

Hospitalization rates for opioid painkiller dependence and abuse dropped on average 23 percent in states after marijuana was permitted for medicinal purposes, the analysis found. Hospitalization rates for opioid overdoses dropped 13 percent on average.

At the same time, fears that legalization of medical marijuana would lead to an uptick in cannabis-related hospitalizations proved unfounded, according to the report in Drug and Alcohol Dependence.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-ne ... ds-n739301
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
skydawg
Lord of the Board

Post by skydawg »

techrtr wrote:Why is whenever you see news footage of big pot gatherings, everyone there looks like a dozy loser? Seriously - there's a reason why there's a stereotypical stoner. I would think that all of the financial benefits of taxing pot will be negated by a general dumbing down of the population and a loss of productivity.

HAHA. I have noticed this also. Perhaps thats why Trudeau wants to legalize it, to keep everyone in a haze. [icon_lol2.gif]
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

skydawg wrote:HAHA. I have noticed this also. Perhaps thats why Trudeau wants to legalize it, to keep everyone in a haze. [icon_lol2.gif]

I'm guessing you can't name any successful methheads which would probably mean it's the meth that does it. This stigma of pot dumbing people down if they smoke pot would also make sense if there weren't people like Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, and Carl Sagan who smoked and were somewhat successful.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

I wonder if JT will get out of politics just in time to make a ton of money in the pot industry. Makes sense - he legalizes pot, and then cashes in on what he's wrought.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

sounds good to me . im wondering if sophie prefers a vape :130:
LiamHaddock
Übergod

Post by LiamHaddock »

http://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4048519
"If marijuana is legalized in Canada, we will see a decrease in purchases of beer, wine or spirits. So that's something that the alcohol industry is going to have to understand and think about and try to anticipate what that means," said Mark Whitmore, who co-authored the study on recreational marijuana.

Sounds great to me! Rarely do you hear of an aggressive, rowdy pot smoker. I wish same could be said about alcoholics. World would be much better if people switched from drinking alcohol to cannabis! With legalization hopefully more people will try marijuana and move away from alcohol. I rarely drink myself. Hangovers, throwing up, blacking out...not fun! Laughing, eating a bunch of food and getting a great night sleep is my preference!

Return to “Canada”