Legalizing Pot

dle
Lord of the Board

Legalizing Pot

Post by dle »

I found myself questioning the legalization of pot recently. I had zero problem with its legalization and had at times wondered why it wasn't legal as I felt it was about on par with liquor which is legal. My change of mind has nothing to do with whether it is bad for you or not.

I was out walking and enjoying the sun which was finally out one day and perhaps because of the imminent legalization it seemed a lot more people are openly lighting up. The problem I had with it was the wicked stench. When you get a whiff every once in a while it's gone in a minute and you forget about it and it's not overwhelming but on this day it seemed to be everywhere and I found it quite disgusting and I literally felt nauseated by it.

That got me wondering what it is going to be like when it's legalized.

I know the smell of cigarette smoke really bothers some people, me included sometimes and I used to smoke! But its really nothing compared to the smell of weed - and some of it can be really skunky!

Anyways, just thought I'd throw this out there to see if anyone else has noticed it and if it has perhaps changed your view on whether you want it permeating the air we breathe in a major way.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Legalizing Pot

Post by voice of reason »

more alarming to me is who is actually behind the legal marijuana grows under trudeau.there seems to be a lot of cronies and prohibitionists

Chuck Rifici, is formerly the CFO of the Liberal Party of Canada.
* founder and former CEO of Tweed

Mark Zekulin, CEO of Tweed
•former senior adviser to former Ontario finance minister Dwight Duncan

Norman Inkster, Independent Director at Mettrum
•former head of the RCMP

Dr. Joshua Tepper, Independent Director at Mettrum
•formerly Assistant Deputy Minister at the Ministry of Health , Senior Medical Officer for Health Canada,

Tom Shipley, Director of Quality Assurance, Tweed
•formerly worked on toxicology research, while at Health Canada,

Mike Harcourt, Chairman of True Leaf Medicine Inc
•former B.C. Premier

Kash Heed, strategic consultant with National Green BioMed
•Former B.C. Solicitor General and former West Vancouver police chief

Herb Dhaliwal, Chairman, National Green BioMed
•former Vancouver MP and federal cabinet minister.

John Turner, medicinal marijuana applicant in Ontario (With Kash Heed)
•Former Prime Minister of Canada

Mr. Belot, Board of Directors for Aurora
•was a public servant in several ministries within the Ontario government

Brian Wagner, Company founder and CEO NHP Consulting (consults for prospective LP's)
•Brian was invited to play a strong role in Health Canada’s Program Advisory Committee

Tim Humberstone, ABcann Director / Senior Person in Charge
•former twenty year member of the RCMP included roles in Municipal/Federal Drug Enforcement and with the Joint Forces Organized Crime Agency. Tim has also received extensive training by the RCMP in providing expert court opinion in the fields of cannabis trafficking and production techniques .

Ivan Vrana, founder of Aslan Ross Consulting / speaker mmpr summit
•Previously Mr. Vrána worked for the Federal Government for over 15 years. He worked at the Patented Medicine Prices Review Board, Finance Canada and in various senior policy positions at Health Canada. At Health Canada he was in charge of the team that developed the policy rationale which led to the implementation of the Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations.Mr. Vrána is also a regular Lecturer at both Carleton and Concordia universities and teaches a course that examines the internal communication tools governments use to development and implement public policy.

Sandy Pratt, Chief Financial Officer, Emerald Health
•Worked at Deloitte ( auditing firm involved in the senate scandal), Vice President of Business Development and Executive Financial Officer of the Royal British Columbia Museum, a Crown corporation.

Shane Morris, VP, Scientific Affairs and Stakeholder Relations Hydropothecary CEO (now Canadian Cannabis Corp.)
•Since 2000, Shane has been in a range of leadership roles within the Federal Government, from Treasury Board of Canada’s senior advisor (Cabinet Operations) on regulatory affairs to director of policy leadership and Reporting for Resources Canada’s major projects management office.

George Smitherman, THC BioMed
former Ontario Liberal deputy premier
•more than 30 years to public policy fields at the Municipal, Provincial and Federal Level, where roles as Senior Advisor, Minister of Energy and Infrastructure and Ontario’s Minister of Health were held

Jake Ryan, Director of Security: Tilray
* former RCMP Intelligence Officer and federal criminal investigator overseeing all aspects of Tilray's security protocols and operations.

Ernie Eves, Chairman, Timeless Herbal Care — a Jamaican medical marijuana company.
•former Progressive Conservative premier of Ontario

Kim Derry, a promoter of marijuana facility THC Meds Ontario Inc.
•deputy chief of the Toronto Police Service under Mr. Blair,

John Reynolds, advisor to Vodis Innovative Pharmaceuticals Inc
•former MP with the Progressive Conservative, Reform and Canadian Alliance parties

Senator Larry Campbell, advisor to Vodis Innovative Pharmaceuticals Inc.
•former Royal Canadian Mounted Police officer and Vancouver mayor. And sitting Senator...

Barry Daniel, Wildflower’s head of security
•Former Abbotsford police chief.

Cam Battley, Aurora Senior Vice President, Communications and Medical Affairs
•Former Legislative Assistant to the Canadian Minister of Consumer and Corporate Affairs, where he was responsible for developing legislation and steering it through the House of Commons, as well as negotiating with Opposition parties and stakeholder groups.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Keep it illegal .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

dle wrote:...

I know the smell of cigarette smoke really bothers some people, me included sometimes and I used to smoke! But its really nothing compared to the smell of weed - and some of it can be really skunky!

Anyways, just thought I'd throw this out there to see if anyone else has noticed it and if it has perhaps changed your view on whether you want it permeating the air we breathe in a major way.

We live near a legal grow op...on the days/nights they vent the grow barns the stench is unbelievable and

just like cigarette smoke it permeates everything.

We choose to live in a rural area for a reason...farm smells are one thing...weed grow op stench is quite another.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Lol they don't vent to atmosphere . Actually they likely have built rooms inside rooms . With can fans and charcoal filters . What u smell is probably when they are trimming
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

Barney Google wrote:[

We live near a legal grow op...on the days/nights they vent the grow barns the stench is unbelievable and

just like cigarette smoke it permeates everything.

We choose to live in a rural area for a reason...farm smells are one thing...weed grow op stench is quite another.

they vent constantly ,most likely through a charcoal filter .what you are smelling is most likely the drying marijuana stinking to high hell
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Barney Google wrote:

The problem is that it is, in fact, a type of farming. Just not producing the types of smells you are used to.
Living next to cow, pit, or chicken poop isn't all that pleasant either. It's just that, in the Okanagan, we tend to be insulated from the realities of farming. Trees whose leaves flutter in the wind are nice....until the smell of the pesticides hit you during spraying.
But yes, I agree that the smell of grow ops can be overpowering.
It will be interesting how it all gets sorted out.
You and 71 others Like this post
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

one has to wonder about the effects of second hand smoke on people suppose you get a couple good breaths and drive it affects everyone differently just like alcohol
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Why is whenever you see news footage of big pot gatherings, everyone there looks like a dozy loser? Seriously - there's a reason why there's a stereotypical stoner. I would think that all of the financial benefits of taxing pot will be negated by a general dumbing down of the population and a loss of productivity.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

voice of reason wrote:more alarming to me is who is actually behind the legal marijuana grows under trudeau.there seems to be a lot of cronies and prohibitionists

Chuck Rifici, is formerly the CFO of the Liberal Party of Canada.
* founder and former CEO of Tweed

Mark Zekulin, CEO of Tweed
•former senior adviser to former Ontario finance minister Dwight Duncan

Norman Inkster, Independent Director at Mettrum
•former head of the RCMP

Dr. Joshua Tepper, Independent Director at Mettrum
•formerly Assistant Deputy Minister at the Ministry of Health , Senior Medical Officer for Health Canada,

Tom Shipley, Director of Quality Assurance, Tweed
•formerly worked on toxicology research, while at Health Canada,

Mike Harcourt, Chairman of True Leaf Medicine Inc
•former B.C. Premier

Kash Heed, strategic consultant with National Green BioMed
•Former B.C. Solicitor General and former West Vancouver police chief

Herb Dhaliwal, Chairman, National Green BioMed
•former Vancouver MP and federal cabinet minister.

John Turner, medicinal marijuana applicant in Ontario (With Kash Heed)
•Former Prime Minister of Canada

Mr. Belot, Board of Directors for Aurora
•was a public servant in several ministries within the Ontario government

Brian Wagner, Company founder and CEO NHP Consulting (consults for prospective LP's)
•Brian was invited to play a strong role in Health Canada’s Program Advisory Committee

Tim Humberstone, ABcann Director / Senior Person in Charge
•former twenty year member of the RCMP included roles in Municipal/Federal Drug Enforcement and with the Joint Forces Organized Crime Agency. Tim has also received extensive training by the RCMP in providing expert court opinion in the fields of cannabis trafficking and production techniques .

Ivan Vrana, founder of Aslan Ross Consulting / speaker mmpr summit
•Previously Mr. Vrána worked for the Federal Government for over 15 years. He worked at the Patented Medicine Prices Review Board, Finance Canada and in various senior policy positions at Health Canada. At Health Canada he was in charge of the team that developed the policy rationale which led to the implementation of the Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations.Mr. Vrána is also a regular Lecturer at both Carleton and Concordia universities and teaches a course that examines the internal communication tools governments use to development and implement public policy.

Sandy Pratt, Chief Financial Officer, Emerald Health
•Worked at Deloitte ( auditing firm involved in the senate scandal), Vice President of Business Development and Executive Financial Officer of the Royal British Columbia Museum, a Crown corporation.

Shane Morris, VP, Scientific Affairs and Stakeholder Relations Hydropothecary CEO (now Canadian Cannabis Corp.)
•Since 2000, Shane has been in a range of leadership roles within the Federal Government, from Treasury Board of Canada’s senior advisor (Cabinet Operations) on regulatory affairs to director of policy leadership and Reporting for Resources Canada’s major projects management office.

George Smitherman, THC BioMed
former Ontario Liberal deputy premier
•more than 30 years to public policy fields at the Municipal, Provincial and Federal Level, where roles as Senior Advisor, Minister of Energy and Infrastructure and Ontario’s Minister of Health were held

Jake Ryan, Director of Security: Tilray
* former RCMP Intelligence Officer and federal criminal investigator overseeing all aspects of Tilray's security protocols and operations.

Ernie Eves, Chairman, Timeless Herbal Care — a Jamaican medical marijuana company.
•former Progressive Conservative premier of Ontario

Kim Derry, a promoter of marijuana facility THC Meds Ontario Inc.
•deputy chief of the Toronto Police Service under Mr. Blair,

John Reynolds, advisor to Vodis Innovative Pharmaceuticals Inc
•former MP with the Progressive Conservative, Reform and Canadian Alliance parties

Senator Larry Campbell, advisor to Vodis Innovative Pharmaceuticals Inc.
•former Royal Canadian Mounted Police officer and Vancouver mayor. And sitting Senator...

Barry Daniel, Wildflower’s head of security
•Former Abbotsford police chief.

Cam Battley, Aurora Senior Vice President, Communications and Medical Affairs
•Former Legislative Assistant to the Canadian Minister of Consumer and Corporate Affairs, where he was responsible for developing legislation and steering it through the House of Commons, as well as negotiating with Opposition parties and stakeholder groups.

Wow, that's quite an interesting list. Everyone lined up to grab a piece of the pie. If cocaine was legalized, I wonder how many politicians and ex cops would jump on the gravy train. When Trudeau's term as Prime Minister ends, it will be interesting to see how many Boards of "agricultural" companies he ends up sitting on.
Last edited by techrtr on Mar 28th, 2017, 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

yup your average stoner isn't noted for their get up and go attitude :sleepdeprived:
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

dle wrote:I found myself questioning the legalization of pot recently. I had zero problem with its legalization and had at times wondered why it wasn't legal as I felt it was about on par with liquor which is legal. My change of mind has nothing to do with whether it is bad for you or not.

I was out walking and enjoying the sun which was finally out one day and perhaps because of the imminent legalization it seemed a lot more people are openly lighting up. The problem I had with it was the wicked stench. When you get a whiff every once in a while it's gone in a minute and you forget about it and it's not overwhelming but on this day it seemed to be everywhere and I found it quite disgusting and I literally felt nauseated by it.

I'm hoping the rules applied to cigarette smoking in public places will be applied to pot. I can't stand the smell of cigarettes now and I don't want to have someone lighting up next to me on the beach or an outdoor patio.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

techrtr wrote:
dle wrote:I found myself questioning the legalization of pot recently. I had zero problem with its legalization and had at times wondered why it wasn't legal as I felt it was about on par with liquor which is legal. My change of mind has nothing to do with whether it is bad for you or not.

I'm hoping the rules applied to cigarette smoking in public places will be applied to pot. I can't stand the smell of cigarettes now and I don't want to have someone lighting up next to me on the beach or an outdoor patio.

I would guess smoking is smoking . Rules should be the same

jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

You rarely see people walking down the street drinking beer so why is it exceptable for people to smoke a joint wherever they want.
They should only be allowed in places where you'd expect it to be legal for alcohol to be consumed at the most and at the same time be limited to the places where tobacco can be smoked for obvious health reasons.
Alcohol and marijuana are drugs People comparing and excepting marijuana as an equal in many ways to tobacco is wrong.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

jimmy4321 wrote:You rarely see people walking down the street drinking beer so why is it exceptable for people to smoke a joint wherever they want.
They should only be allowed in places where you'd expect it to be legal for alcohol to be consumed at the most and at the same time be limited to the places where tobacco can be smoked for obvious health reasons.
Alcohol and marijuana are drugs People comparing and excepting marijuana as an equal in many ways to tobacco is wrong.

Jimmy, please no I like a beer now and then and if a bar is full of that stink I'll puke! I was at a gathering the other night and a guy went on the deck and puffed a joint. I was outside to see the lake view and I almost puked.

I had to go back inside to avoid the stink. He then returned and the smell on his clothing was repulsive. I smoked cigarettes for years, only wished I new how terrible our cloths and persons smelled when we did.

I do hope those who smoke respect others and stay away from bar sidewalks and beaches at the least.

Return to “Canada”