Cut Gay Pride Funding?

techrtr
Übergod

Cut Gay Pride Funding?

Post by techrtr »

Darn right - they chose their side - I say no more taxpayer funding.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/192895/Axe-Pride-Parade-funding
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Cut Gay Pride Funding?

Post by Queen K »

:200: here we go again with that dratted word, "choose."
I assure you, there is no choice in the matter. No one chooses it.
You've got a fight on your hands techrtr.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Sige
Übergod

Post by Sige »

Queen K wrote::200: here we go again with that dratted word, "choose."

LOL - people with the "your choice" attitude aren't worth my time [icon_lol2.gif]
Non illegitimi carborundum est.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

why the hell are we funding this anyway I couldn't careless what someones sexuality is if ya want to have a parade why does that require tax dollars
JollyGreenBully
Banned

Post by JollyGreenBully »

Pretty sure TC means that gays chose to not allow police at some parades so the RCMP has every right to cut funding for said parades. I agree.
Sige
Übergod

Post by Sige »

JollyGreenBully wrote:Pretty sure TC means that gays chose to not allow police at some parades so the RCMP has every right to cut funding for said parades. I agree.

Then I misunderstood and stand corrected.
Non illegitimi carborundum est.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Queen K wrote::200: here we go again with that dratted word, "choose."

Just to be clear, I don't mean they chose their sexuality. They chose not to allow the Toronto Police to march in the pride parade because Black Lives Matter demanded that they exclude them. Gay rights have come a long way in Canada - it wasn't that long ago that you would never see a police officer or member of the military marching in a Pride parade in uniform. Now it's nothing unusual. But, because of pressure from a bunch of trouble makers, police officers are being barred from attending pride parades. That's why I say "no funding for you." You want to be exclusive and then demand inclusion, you pay for it yourself.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

well if the lgbtq do not want the cops there ,cut there funding i say, why the lgbtq cares what a racist movement black lives matter says,just blows me away
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Good luck getting that funding cut under the current administration.

Whatever it costs for another selfie opp...

"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup,pretty much
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

Rwede wrote:Good luck getting that funding cut under the current administration.

You would be surprised how little control JT has over the municipal spending of the city of Toronto.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Rwede wrote:Good luck getting that funding cut under the current administration.

Nor should the current administration cut funding. It's an inclusive public event.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

FreeRights wrote:Nor should the current administration cut funding. It's an inclusive public event.

Its not inclusive that is the whole point, did you read the article? Its about them banning a group that has participated in the event since 2002, and the a single city Councillor saying if you ban the group we are no longer going to fund your "inclusive" party as it no longer is "inclusive"
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Hassel99 wrote:Its not inclusive that is the whole point, did you read the article? Its about them banning a group that has participated in the event since 2002, and the a single city Councillor saying if you ban the group we are no longer going to fund your "inclusive" party as it no longer is "inclusive"

I agree that banning uniformed law enforcement from marching in the parade was an utterly reprehensible decision that I hope that they reconsider, though on the other hand it's still inclusive as they aren't banning police officers, they're restricting uniforms. Not good enough for me, to say the least, but it's still very much inclusive.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

FreeRights wrote:I agree that banning uniformed law enforcement from marching in the parade was an utterly reprehensible decision that I hope that they reconsider, though on the other hand it's still inclusive as they aren't banning police officers, they're restricting uniforms. Not good enough for me, to say the least, but it's still very much inclusive.

That is sadly ironic.

You can join us, as long as you don't show who you really are.....

Return to “Canada”