Conservation cowards kill mom moose

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Conservation cowards kill mom moose

Post by maryjane48 »

Alberta Fish and Wildlife officers are being criticized for killing a cow moose in a city north of Edmonton.

The cow moose and her two calves were in a park near a busy intersection in St. Albert when the shooting happened around 11:30 a.m. Wednesday.

these idiots should be off to court and convicted .
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Conservation cowards kill mom moose

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:Alberta Fish and Wildlife officers are being criticized for killing a cow moose in a city north of Edmonton.

The cow moose and her two calves were in a park near a busy intersection in St. Albert when the shooting happened around 11:30 a.m. Wednesday.

Convicted of what?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

What makes them cowards?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

instead of taking the time to see what could have been done to keep mom alive they provoked the mom and killed her . plus lets not forget the thread on the moose that was killed by the first nation folks that was female to .

what was said in that thread was how bad they were for killing a female annd yet her because they are white they big heros ? :smt045
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

maryjane48 wrote:Alberta Fish and Wildlife officers are being criticized for killing a cow moose in a city north of Edmonton.

You are way out in left field,the animals were a danger to humans , so get rid of them. You show a link that the people were not just doing what their ndp bosses told them to :biggrin: do.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Maybe they should have let them wonder into that busy intersection and maybe kill someone.
Money is an object.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Who cares if it's a cow or a bull? Of course, "mother" sells sensationalized headlines to the ignorant.

If it was a public safety threat, which officers are trained to deal with, then they did what was necessary.

The calves will be fine. She was going to chase them off in the next couple of weeks anyways, as cows always send calves out on their own in early spring.

Calves can lose their cow in September/October of their birth year at 6 - 7 months of age and not suffer any different mortality rate over winter as a result. These calves were nearly a year old, made it through their first winter, and are more than able to fend for themselves.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

Rwede wrote:Who cares if it's a cow or a bull? Of course, "mother" sells sensationalized headlines to the ignorant.

If it was a public safety threat, which officers are trained to deal with, then they did what was necessary.

The calves will be fine. She was going to chase them off in the next couple of weeks anyways, as cows always send calves out on their own in early spring.

Calves can lose their cow in September/October of their birth year at 6 - 7 months of age and not suffer any different mortality rate over winter as a result. These calves were nearly a year old, made it through their first winter, and are more than able to fend for themselves.

I happened to drive by this park that morning and seen these beautiful creatures. The park they were in has the sturgeon river flowing through it and that is clearly how they wandered into that park. I have a home on the banks of the river just outside St Albert and see moose all the time...I do believe if people would observe these gorgeous creatures from afar, the fish and game would not have been forced to act. The minute someone sees an animal out of its "area" they are calling the cops... those animals, had they been left alone, would have most likely wandered back into the country via the river.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

GordonH wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/03/29/alberta-wildlife-mother-moose-killed_n_15698292.html

Thanks for posting the story link, always best to know what the topis is.

"I totally get it, wildlife officers have a hard job, cops have a hard job, but what I saw was a group of five individuals moving toward a wild animal," he says.

I read a update to this event. They will now have a mental health nurse travel with them in the event they encounter another cow with mad cow disease.
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

Don't get me wrong, I like animals and would like to seebmore protected.

However Moose can be killers, especially if they feel threatened.

So the officials may not have had much of a choice.
Without us having actually been there we should not judge them.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

stuphoto wrote:Don't get me wrong, I like animals and would like to seebmore protected.

However Moose can be killers, especially if they feel threatened.

So the officials may not have had much of a choice.
Without us having actually been there we should not judge them.

They had a choice. They could of taken the wait and see approach. The moose were in a park and I have no doubt they would have wandered back up the river valley they came in on.... had they put humans in danger then at that point lethal force could have been used.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

vegas1500 wrote:They had a choice. They could of taken the wait and see approach. The moose were in a park and I have no doubt they would have wandered back up the river valley they came in on.... had they put humans in danger then at that point lethal force could have been used.

Moose are unpredictable. Sometimes they get confused or panicked, especially when they are out of their element, and can become very dangerous in an instant.

I've had some really close encounters with moose in the wild, and a couple of those had me fearing for my own safety. One instance was when a large cow with a calf and I met on the corner of a trail where we were only about 20 feet apart. The calf ran behind her, and she laid her ears back and started advancing stiff-legged at me, with her mane on end and eyes rolling.

I crawled up the steep bank of the trail as far as I could and they passed by at about 10 feet, fortunately, leaving me with a tale for the grandkids. Yes, I was hunting and had a rifle in my hands, but I certainly didn't want to use it. Her threatening posture scared the crap outta me!

I love the adventure of encountering these beautiful animals, but make no mistake, get one in a situation where they get confused or feel threatened, and they'll react powerfully and violently.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

Return to “Canada”