Sask removes all smartmetres they catch fire

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Sask removes all smartmetres they catch fire

Post by maryjane48 »

SaskPower has announced that they are removing all the smart meters that were installed in the province.

The minister responsible for SaskPower Bill Boyd said the utility company will be taking out all 105,000 smart meters around Saskatchewan.

“I think the concerns about safety are paramount here, the concerns are significant enough, anytime families are at risk in Saskatchewan, actions have to be taken and that’s why we’ve directed SaskPower accordingly,” said Minister Boyd.

lets hope we can get them removed in bc to
Jlabute
Guru

Re: Sask removes all smartmetres they catch fire

Post by Jlabute »

They catch fire here too and all over North America. According to the video, you have smart meters that are inferior to the old analogue meters. No surge arresting, and many other design faults.

Why smart meters are inferior.
https://takebackyourpower.net/1000s-of- ... nce-video/

69 homes in summer land with blown smart meters and appliances.
http://www.stopsmartmetersbc.com/z/2014 ... -involved/

Appears as though fortis knows about the issue and is keeping it quiet. If a meter causes your house to burn down or your meter blows, it is your fault and you pay $600. This has to stop.

The meters carry a lithium battery!!! There is no surge arrester, these meters put you and Home at risk.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Old meters blow up too. I had one melt down . Nearly burn. Cost me a month with no power . Many hours of dirty work in the dark . And had to pay to fix it all
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

I don't get why you have to pay for it they claim the meter belongs to them (especially when they were installing smart meters against peoples wishes) should they not be responsible for repairing and maintaining them
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Some old meters blew up, but not as often as the new smart meters. The smart meters apparently do not have surge protection. Power outages and inrush currents might fry your appliances. The remote shutdown feature causes a spark gap. Installers were also installing under load conditions too potentially screwing up the mounting contacts due to arcing. I guess the summerland folk have tons of appliances to replace too. This is just wrong it seems to me. Lithium battery too? It's like having a timebomb strapped to your home.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I like smart meters.
I like that i can see my daily usage online and I think it's a great deterrent for illegal growops and the fires as a result of these.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

maryjane48 wrote:SaskPower has announced that they are removing all the smart meters that were installed in the province.

The minister responsible for SaskPower Bill Boyd said the utility company will be taking out all 105,000 smart meters around Saskatchewan.

“I think the concerns about safety are paramount here, the concerns are significant enough, anytime families are at risk in Saskatchewan, actions have to be taken and that’s why we’ve directed SaskPower accordingly,” said Minister Boyd.

lets hope we can get them removed in bc to

Old news and they are coming back:
Smart meters will be making a comeback in Saskatchewan, after thousands of them were pulled off homes and businesses in a massive recall two years ago.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatche ... -1.3896880
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

maryjane48 wrote:lets hope we can get them removed in bc to

Won't happen and different company made the meters here.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Fancy wrote:
maryjane48 wrote:lets hope we can get them removed in bc to

Won't happen and different company made the meters here.

Or just put a "Tesla" sticker on them and all will be well ;)
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Return to “Canada”