How Europeans treated First Nations

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

How Europeans treated First Nations

Post by maryjane48 »

When do we get to talk about this, and get compensated for the murder and theft?
90% of N Americans do not even know that paid hunters used these tags as means of collecting bounty for killing human beings, for profit.
The fact remains that a government organized system of professional killers, was used to clear land.
Ethnic cleansing was used. Many of those displacements are known as trail of tears, kinda like the Bataan death march in WWII.
Natives were rounded up, herded like cattle, and moved off their land.
The active hunting and killing was common in many states.
In the late 1800's California did this professional paid killing on a grand scale, to clear the great Central Valley of Indians for farming. In Owens valley the natives were herded into Owens lake near Olancha and shot like ducks.
This murder for profit is not discussed, and its scope is not understood, because history of this is not discussed, acknowledged, or known by many.
This is true history.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: How Europeans treated First Nations

Post by Dizzy1 »

Compensated? For what? Why should anyone be held accountable for what happened almost 130 years ago?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

When am I going to be compensated for Stalin stealing my great-grandparents land and businesses in 1920?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

I demand compensation from Norway and Sweden for the Vikings invading the British Isles. How about it Norway?? Pay up already!
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

When will the Europeans be compensated for the promises which were lies by the Government when the immigrated to Canada under the premise of farm land and a new life.

When will the First Nations come to the realization, without us they would not be where they are today, maybe they should compensate the Europeans.

We always tend to consider the negatives. Look at the positives. Yes, there were some who were treated poorly. However, if it was not forced upon them, they would be uneducated and neglected worse then the way they are by their own people! Look first at what their own do for theirs, it appears there is two classes of First Nations and you can not dispute it.

It is the Chief, Counsel, families and friends what about the rest of those under Treaty. Then those who are neglected by the Counsel and poor. Enough of your comments making it appear they are all so hard done by. Some of us know what is happening and some just don't like to hear the truth of it.

Maybe you have to start approaching the Chiefs and telling them what they need to do and have them stop what they are doing. Then get back to us, and let us know how you made out. I'd love to hear the results.

PS- I was married to a full blooded First Nations lady, not just one who once hugged one.
Last edited by Ken7 on Mar 31st, 2017, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

Do you know how FN tribes treated other FN tribes before the white man arrived? They had it good compared how they would be treated if one tribe conquered another tribe. Absolute butchery, slavery and rape.

Oh wait, we can't talk about that.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

Ken7 wrote:When will the Europeans be compensated for the promises which were lies by the Government when the immigrated to Canada under the premise of farm land and a new life.

When will the First Nations come to the realization, without us they would not be where they are today, maybe they should compensate the Europeans.

We always tend to consider the negatives. Look at the positives. Yes, there were some who were treated poorly. However, if it was not forced upon them, they would be uneducated and neglected worse then the way they are by their own people! Look first at what their own do for theirs, it appears there is two classes of First Nations and you can not dispute it.

It is the Chief, Counsel, families and friends what about the rest of those under Treaty. Then those who are neglected by the Counsel and poor. Enough of your comments making it appear they are all so hard done by. Some of us know what is happening and some just don't like to hear the truth of it.

Maybe you have to start approaching the Chiefs and telling them what they need to do and have them stop what they are doing. Then get back to us, and let us know how you made out. I'd love to hear the results.

PS- I was married to a full blooded First Nations lady, not just one who once hugged one.

Your hatred towards FN is very blatant.

You come across the word " compensation" and stop reading, taking it out of context.

Never mind the facts, just take the one word and run with it.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 31st, 2017, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 31st, 2017, 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 31st, 2017, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 31st, 2017, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

*removed*

:topic:
Last edited by ferri on Mar 31st, 2017, 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

driveangry wrote:
Your hatred towards FN is very blatant.

You come across the word " compensation" and stop reading, taking it out of context.

Never mind the facts, just take the one word and run with it.

Why would you suggest I hate anyone, you don't have a clue. I am well aware of the facts, are you?

You missed the fact I was married to a First Nations woman and actually observed the way they treat their own. It is not right, can you say you have first hand evidence of what is or has happened or just what you read?
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

Ken7 wrote:Why would you suggest I hate anyone, you don't have a clue. I am well aware of the facts, are you?

You missed the fact I was married to a First Nations woman and actually observed the way they treat their own. It is not right, can you say you have first hand evidence of what is or has happened or just what you read?

Really ?? You trying to out me ?? We already had this discussion WHO I am and WHERE I live. I know all about you, we shared that info some time ago.

FACT : The OP's post is what happened in California into Oregon and part of Wash.. But you knew that ,,, right ???

You can't get over the fact that not all FN are treaty, not all treaties are the same, the treaties were done so long ago before the white education was introduced to them, and just because you think you seen something somewhere that it's like that on every reserve or that all FN behave that way.

I live on the res, my family is FN, my community is FN, my Community is my family. When you speak negatively with untruths about FN, your are speaking negatively about my family, I will NOT tolerate that.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

There are enough problems in the World and in Canada for me to care much about what happened in California over 100 years ago.
Maybe we should spend more time focusing on now!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!

Return to “Canada”