Then don't ask Russel Peters to host

mexi cali
Guru

Then don't ask Russel Peters to host

Post by mexi cali »

Honestly, between this and the story of a black woman being offended by being called a black woman, we are slowly losing our grip on our sanity.

I mean seriously, who asks Russel Peters to host a show and expects him to be anything other than who he is and what he is famous for? I get that she wasn't necessarily responsible for his selection but come on, are we going to outlaw gray humor?

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/19 ... r-hot-joke
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: Then don't ask Russel Peters to host

Post by kgcayenne »

We are heading into a severely-twisted variant on a movement similar to the actions of the puritan age.... but... no, it's too twisted.... nevermind my reference to the puritan age, this is just outright weird.

Humour is supposed to die now.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

Holy god really!?!?!?

He's a comedian who called her "hot." This is bad how exactly?

I guess by calling her "hot" it makes her an object?

Wow I don't know really what to say about this as it seems we've all just aren't allowed to say anything anymore.

Russell Peters is a Canadian superstar and tells racial jokes in the hopes of making us all laugh at ourselves.

Best natives jokes I've ever heard came from a native friend of mine.
Best Neufie jokes also from Newfoundlanders.

Seriously people need to get over themselves and just enjoy the fact that the Juno's went well.

:135:
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 5th, 2017, 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

She's lucky she isn't hot and Asian.

OOps, is she?
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

I guess he shoulda called her an ugly beyotch instead :135:
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

from the coments:
I must be getting really old, I can remember when the women I knew appreciated being told they were "hot", now it's an insult.

Please lord, take me now!!!!

lol - and a lack of humour diminishes the hot factor fast. ...(learned that the hard way)
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

This is stupid, next year they should lure Artie Lange or similar to administer some desensitivity training to these idiots.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

The Green Barbarian wrote:another reason it's time to give the Liberals the boot in 2019.

This has nothing to do with the Liberals. Stop trolling.

What surprised me was that it was a gender joke, not a racial one, that "offended" anyone. I also disagree with any form of restriction on comedy, as some of the best comedy is the dark kind.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

I guess I'm old fashioned, but I too thought some of his jokes were a bit inappropriate for that particular venue. However, as that type of humour is what one would expect during a Russel Peter's performance, I wonder who made the decision to ask him to host the show?

I enjoy Russel Peter's comedic performances when they take place in the right setting, but it's not the sort of thing you expect to see while watching something like the Juno awards.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

The Green Barbarian wrote:another reason it's time to give the Liberals the boot in 2019.

so its okay to objectify women as long as it isnt your pin up gal christy ? haha hypocrasy is strong in this one :smt045
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Merry wrote:I guess I'm old fashioned, but I too thought some of his jokes were a bit inappropriate for that particular venue. However, as that type of humour is what one would expect during a Russel Peter's performance, I wonder who made the decision to ask him to host the show?

I enjoy Russel Peter's comedic performances when they take place in the right setting, but it's not the sort of thing you expect to see while watching something like the Juno awards.

It's music award show.... what's big deal. I could see it inappropriate at Governor General event.

Who hosts is up to Juno organizers
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

mexicalidreamer wrote:Honestly, between this and the story of a black woman being offended by being called a black woman, we are slowly losing our grip on our sanity.

We are slowly losing our grip on our sanity?

We lost it years ago.
Last edited by Dizzy1 on Apr 3rd, 2017, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

:130:
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

If it hasn't already happened, I think stand up comedy will go underground because it's getting to the point where you can't tell a joke about anything lest you offend someone. I wouldn't be surprised if there are undercover "comedy nannies" going to clubs, and checking to see who's telling racist or sexist jokes. Kind of like the Gestapo guys skulking around, listening for anyone saying anything negative about Hitler.

Return to “Canada”