Buddha of the Board

Prime Minister stands with Trump on Syria

Post by maryjane48 »

its great to see canada stand against wmd using states :130:
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Prime Minister stands with Trump on Syria

Post by Queen K »

As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

canada was briefed about an hour before a barrage of U.S. cruise missiles were launched at an airbase in Syria, says Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, who also spoke by phone Friday with the man responsible: President Donald Trump.

The two leaders discussed the need for a "political solution" to the Syria crisis, the Prime Minister's Office said in a brief synopsis of the call.

Trudeau disclosed the discussions during a long-awaited statement Friday in the House of Commons following Thursday's strike, Trump's promised response to a gruesome chemical attack Monday in Syria that killed more than 80 civilians.

Trudeau said that prior to the strikes taking place, U.S. Defence Secretary Jim Mattis called Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan, who then briefed the prime minister.

"This morning I spoke with the president directly and emphasized that Canada agrees that Assad's repeated use of chemical weapons must not continue," Trudeau said during question period.

"In the face of such heinous war crimes, all civilized peoples must speak with one voice."

The PMO's readout of the call said the two leaders agreed "that the repugnant chemical attacks cannot be permitted to continue with impunity. They also committed to continuing to seek a political solution to end the crisis in Syria."

The strike prompted an abrupt change in Trudeau's position: after stopping short Thursday of directly blaming Syrian President Bashar Assad, he is now holding the Syrian government responsible for using chemical weapons against its own people.

from queens link
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Is it possible, that the bombs that fell weren't of a chemical weapon nature, but were destroying a chemical weapon factory/manufacture facility?
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

We only know what they tell us, and who are they but those in control of information.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

Bombing chemicals in a populated area is as irresponsible as using them.

If Assad located chemical weapons, he should have notified his Russian allies, who had already accepted responsibility for removing such weapons from Syria.
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Like he has a choice in this matter. There's politics for the people, then there's reality for everyone else. At what point in recorded history have those in definitive power acquiesced to the people.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Does this mean we will secure the border .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Canada, a nation that even at her best could not field a standing army comparable to the other world powers. She doesn't have a blue water navy; dependent on allies (USA).

She may be battle hardened and exceptional at war and doing more with less, of which I'm proud, however she has neither the capital or standing resources to make a military difference.

What we can do? Is provide peaceful leader ship...And internet and hardware access to the rest of the world.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

70 yrs ago canada was world's 5th biggest army . It's all a matter of want to
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

Jflem1983 wrote:Does this mean we will secure the border .

Not as long as we have Justin Trudeau and the Liberals in power . :cuss:
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

It sounds like this Syria stuff really cut into Justin's time this week hob-knobbing with elitists in the USA. This took the cake though:

Trudeau had a wonderful sit-down with the woman who colourized the venerable New Yorker, and attenuated the academic turn of Vanity Fair, Tina Brown. Brown, as noted by many, is an “acerbic” interviewer, proof of which came in her very first question to the feminist Prime Minister: “How does it feel to be cast as the world’s big new superhero?” There are not many politicians who could wiggle off a hook that barbed. But Trudeau is a rhetorical Houdini. He responded with a deft verbal shimmy on the “importance of listening,” which won smiles all around while leaving the question about his superhero status entirely unmolested.

What kind of idiot would ever think of Justin Trudeau as a superhero? What's his super-power? Taking more selfies than everyone else? Spending $20 billion more than he said he would, and yet having a large chunk of the population clap in admiration? Being blind to Castro's horrible atrocities? Anyway, good to see him getting behind Trump and the USA, which just tells me one thing, if our bonehead PM is in agreement, then Trump did the wrong thing with that attack.

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comme ... ddle-class
Not afraid to say "It".
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Canada needs to stand firm on denouncing any Leader of a country attacking his/her own citizens,

especially when it's been going on for years and years and nothing has changed.

With regards to Syria? Canada has been steadfast and should diplomatically remain so.

Justin Trudeau needs to sit down and keep his yap shut.

Denouncing actions is one thing...standing along side (encouraging) an unknown entity who has a habit of

flying off the handle,getting things wrong and blowing issues out of proportion is ludicrous and pulling our

Nation into something we can't afford and should not get mixed up in.

JT is saucy talkin' big time just to get in the spot light.

Canada is and has been offering support to the Syrian people in a role that does not involve military action or

costs Canadian lives.

This is between Russia and the US and JT is trying to play with the Big Boys.

Remember the comments JT made during his election about Putin?

Lol... :up:

JT a Super Hero? ...my derrière he is.

More like a donkey's bee-hind braying about poop he shouldn't be and risking Canada and Canadians in.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
Chyren
Board Meister

Post by Chyren »

Barney Google wrote:Canada needs to stand firm on denouncing any Leader of a country attacking his/her own citizens,

especially when it's been going on for years and years and nothing has changed.

With regards to Syria? Canada has been steadfast and should diplomatically remain so.

Justin Trudeau needs to sit down and keep his yap shut.

Denouncing actions is one thing...standing along side (encouraging) an unknown entity who has a habit of

flying off the handle,getting things wrong and blowing issues out of proportion is ludicrous and pulling our

Nation into something we can't afford and should not get mixed up in.

JT is saucy talkin' big time just to get in the spot light.

Canada is and has been offering support to the Syrian people in a role that does not involve military action or

costs Canadian lives.

This is between Russia and the US and JT is trying to play with the Big Boys.

Remember the comments JT made during his election about Putin?

Lol... :up:

JT a Super Hero? ...my derrière he is.

More like a donkey's bee-hind braying about poop he shouldn't be and risking Canada and Canadians in.

The hypocrisy of some Canadians is astounding.

We, as a nation, say one time "we have to stand up against evil dictators" then the next week complain about how much the jets will cost or how much we need to spend on our navy.

Do we as Canadians want a state of the art armed forces or do we not?

Remember when just a few short months ago we voted to have our Jets taken out of the middle east because they were bombing ISIS targets because of the issues with civilians? "We have no reason to be there" people would say. Get the Jets home.
Now we're worried more about our PM's public appearance than the horrors of war?

Remember when the big issues were the Syrians coming to Canada as refugees because they were all going to become terrorists and blow up everything? When did you hear about the refugees in the news of late?

Now we're not doing enough....tough job being in politics when your voters can't even figure out what we want.

Its okay though the NHL playoffs are coming, at least we can all agree that the Montreal Canadiens will win the cup... :D
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Chyren wrote:The hypocrisy of some Canadians is astounding.

We, as a nation, say one time "we have to stand up against evil dictators" then the next week complain about how much the jets will cost or how much we need to spend on our navy.

Do we as Canadians want a state of the art armed forces or do we not?

Remember when just a few short months ago we voted to have our Jets taken out of the middle east because they were bombing ISIS targets because of the issues with civilians? "We have no reason to be there" people would say. Get the Jets home.
Now we're worried more about our PM's public appearance than the horrors of war?

Remember when the big issues were the Syrians coming to Canada as refugees because they were all going to become terrorists and blow up everything? When did you hear about the refugees in the news of late?

Now we're not doing enough....tough job being in politics when your voters can't even figure out what we want.

Its okay though the NHL playoffs are coming, at least we can all agree that the Montreal Canadiens will win the cup... :D

I agree with much of what you have said Chyren...

Canada does not have the military forces to stand beside the US when our PM is making comments that we agree with

the US President's latest actions. I wonder if the Canadian people, besides lacking the desire to fund our military,

will have the collective wherewithal to stomach another partnered military relationship with the US.

We don't have the 'toys' to at least somewhat protect our Canadian troops and their lives will be on the line.

You've asked the right question...Do Canadians want to proper military?

Sure we do...do Canadians want to pay for it? Not so much...

I again, agree with you that people do seem more concerned about JT public appearance than the horrors of war.

Sadly, this war has been going on for years and years and unrest in that area of the World has been going on since

the first appearance of humans in the Middle East. History tells us that those outside the area have limited understanding

of how these tribal entities live and function with each other. Regretfully, the recent photos of the gassed civilians

has raised the ire of folks but the reality is that those poor people have been living with these types of atrocities for

generations. Does that make it right? NO WAY!!! Can Canadians help? Yes...and no.

History tells us that getting our military involved does not work and diplomatic processes are arduous and painstakingly

slow. Canadians are helping by opening our doors to refugees and providing support to them on the ground where we can.

With regards to the refugees...I will stand by my initial stance. I thought JT was moving too fast and we risked much by

doing so. As time has passed Canadians read in the news that some refugees are not being treated as I believe we initially

thought would happen. They were placed in hotels, integration support has been challenged, employment and education

has proven trying. The cries that Canada wasn't ready to fully take on the numbers JT was touting have proven right.

I wish we would have taken a more methodically thought out process so these issues and others could have been at least

partially avoided.

I agree that it appears that Canadians might not know what we want at times but I do believe that Canadians, in general, do

NOT want to get into military conflict in any part of the World. Especially, when history tells us that outside intervention

does not help the situation long term.

I have no sympathy for our politicians...they 'read' what they think Canadians want to hear to get elected and then

do their own 'thing' once they get into office.

I will conclude by saying, I do not want our PM implying in any way shape or form that Canada supports military action

be taken on another country.

Canada has NO business doing that 'cause we just plain don't have the toys to back those kinds of actions and statements up.

Furthermore, I do not trust Trump or Putin one little bit...to them JT is hardly anyone to be overly concerned over.
Last edited by Barney Google on Apr 11th, 2017, 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown

Return to “Canada”