Investors! Trans Mountain: Ask About Jasper National Park

f/22
Board Meister

Investors! Trans Mountain: Ask About Jasper National Park

Post by f/22 »

Ask about Jasper National Park before investing.

“Trans Mountain agreement includes investment deadline, hiring priorities”

http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/trans-mo ... -1.3360848

Fact: Kinder Morgan is pulling a 63-year-old section of line out of mothballs and putting it back in service.

Alt-fact: “ . . . during a public forum about the company’s Trans Mountain pipeline expansion project, a media relations employee stated there had never been an oil spill in Jasper National Park. Full stop.”

Fact: “Jasper National Park was home to not one, but six oil spills, including the second largest spill in the pipeline’s 63-year history.”

“Trans Mountain’s credibility on the line”

http://www.fitzhugh.ca/trans-mountains- ... -the-line/

Reminder: Provincial governments have no authority in the National Parks—all jurisdiction falls under the Feds.
f/22
Board Meister

Re: Investors! Trans Mountain: Ask About Jasper National Par

Post by f/22 »

When this story broke, I asked the CBC (national and Edmonton) if they would cover it.

So far, no action.

However, the Huffington Post picked it up.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/02/13 ... 28022.html

And mentioned this:

In May of last year, Calgary professor Duane Bratt wrote an opinion piece for CBC News,

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/t ... -1.3598568

in which he claimed there had never been a spill or leak along the pipeline's route. The media corporation later issued a correction.

I've heard the stock market 'issues corrections' now and then too.

I think Jasper National Park and investors deserve a lesser risk of Kinder Morgan having to 'issue a correction' after it has suffered a couple of bouts of amnesia to pull a 63-year-old section of line out of mothballs and put it back in service.

KM being cheap, cheap, cheap, or trying to 'pull the wool'?

lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

I'd say 'both'. Kinder Morgan is one of the least credible pipeline companies in North America. Their record can be found in a quick google search. It's not too late to stop this government-approved disaster waiting to happen. Get out there and vote on May 9!
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

lasnomadas wrote:I'd say 'both'. Kinder Morgan is one of the least credible pipeline companies in North America. Their record can be found in a quick google search. It's not too late to stop this government-approved disaster waiting to happen. Get out there and vote on May 9!

Can't comment on the May 9 BC election.

Still . . ..

On the CBC article by Duane Bratt:

Duane Bratt is the chair and a professor in the department of Policy Studies at Mount Royal University, (http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/trans-mo ... -1.3360848).

Some researcher huh?

And in Jasper:

Caught with their pants down, Trans Mountain blamed the failure to provide accurate information on human error.
The problem is, it wasn’t just one mistake or one person. (There were three reps. at the meeting.)
When the chair of the Jasper Environmental Association asked for more information about two spills that she was aware of, her question (at the meeting) was met with blank stares and vague responses. (‘Um, maybe there was some stuff spilled on the pump station mat?’)

http://www.fitzhugh.ca/trans-mountains- ... -the-line/

Oh no, they settled on, 'No spills everrrr.' (Orders?)

Boy, if any of these people was my ‘wealth manger’ giving a 'dog and pony,' I’d be pulling my investments right away.

Hint:

“Toronto protesters target TD Bank over involvement in Trans Mountain pipeline project,” (https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/0 ... oject.html).

Maybe weighted a bit towards the environment. But I say there may be some chance of toxicity spreading in other quarters right now.
lasnomadas
Übergod

Post by lasnomadas »

It's disturbing to note that nobody here seems to care about the Kinder Morgan expansion, except for the three of us.
Ccrider

Post by Ccrider »

I'm sure that if you go back even futher in time, say the 19th century, you will find all sorts of other irrelevant facts. Good luck with that.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

lasnomadas wrote:It's disturbing to note that nobody here seems to care about the Kinder Morgan expansion, except for the three of us.

I care about it....I think it's great for the economy.
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

I’m an industry guy from Alberta.

And in Alberta there are plenty of people who’d like to see this project go through for the economy. And there are plenty of people who don’t want it to go through because of the environment. But I’m kind of a different beast.

For instance, here’s my latest reading:

After the Sands: Energy and Ecological Security for Canadians, by Gordon Laxer.

Ethical Oil: The Case for Canada's Oil Sands, Ezra Levant.

The Energy of Slaves: Oil and the New Servitude Andrew Nikiforuk

Tar Sands: Dirty Oil and the Future of A Continent Andrew Nikiforuk

Sun Rise: Suncor, the Oil Sands and the Future of Energy Rick George

All give good arguments.

Short story:

I’m pro-pipeline, as in just have one Trans-Mountain and a couple of Energy East lines (through Canada only).

I’m for best pipeline with the latest of everything it takes to build and maintain it.

I’m anti-export, and anti-import, as in, let’s use our own resources and refine what we need in each province. Build up an energy security in all regions and stabilize prices. Good for the economy all across Canada.

So let’s be independent and truly responsible for the environment and curtail our waste of energy resources. Who’s really getting rich on Canada’s oil? Who really takes the hit when the ‘boom’ goes ‘bust’ and they abandon us, or the people who've been livin' large on the employment get abandoned?

But still, when it comes to the Trans Mountain expansion, it seems there’s a lot of people around that I’d like to sell a used car to.

“Yep, it’s old an’ been in the garage for a while. But nope, no problems, never been in an accident, an’ never broke down. Sorry, the dog ate all the papers I had. But I do gots a good reputation, ask around the neighbourhood, ‘cept for that guy livin’ in my back yard. You know, if you’re lookin’ fer financin’, here’s my cousin’s number. No questions asked . . ..”
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

i care and said so before last election and as far as im concerned jt made a mistake .
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

Actually, and this is from memory so feel free to challenge me, but I think it was the Conservatives that originally approved Trans Mountain and the new Anchor Loop project with recommissioning of the old Trans Mountain line to twin in Jasper National Park. Still whoever's in Federally get's to mess with it any way they want. Doesn't mean JT would reconsider though? [icon_lol2.gif]
f/22
Board Meister

Post by f/22 »

f/22 wrote:Actually, and this is from memory so feel free to challenge me, but I think it was the Conservatives that originally approved Trans Mountain and the new Anchor Loop project with recommissioning of the old Trans Mountain line to twin in Jasper National Park. Still whoever's in Federally get's to mess with it any way they want. Doesn't mean JT would reconsider though? [icon_lol2.gif]

Inaccurate!

:laugh:

Trans Mountain 1953--Louis St. Laurent--Liberal

TMX Anchor Loop 2008--Stephen Harper--Conservative

Additional Information (accurate this time, I promise).

Reactivations of the old Trans Mountain line:

Hinton-Hargreaves reactivation from Hinton Alberta—Jasper National Park—Mount Robson Provincial Park—almost to Valemount, BC

Darfield-Black Pines reactivation, south of Clearwater and north of Kamloops, BC

Alberta can go after Rachel
Jasper can go after Justin
BC can go after ?

Everybody can warn the potential financiers.

The KM used car huksters are hinky!

Return to “Canada”