Liberals introduce Omnibus Bill

Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Liberals introduce Omnibus Bill

Post by Merry »

The federal government tabled a wide-ranging budget bill Tuesday that includes legal changes to the powers of the Parliamentary Budget Officer as well as a new law that creates the Canada Infrastructure Bank.

The opposition says the legislation, at more than 300 pages, amounts to an omnibus bill at the very same time that the governing Liberals are separately proposing changes to the parliamentary rules that would make omnibus bills illegal.

At first glance, opposition MPs say Finance Minister Bill Morneau’s latest budget bill appears to be an example of the very thing the Liberals say should be banned.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/pol ... e34677973/

When Harper was in power the Liberals said they disagreed with the use of Omnibus Bills.

Once elected, they said they would bring in legislation banning Omnibus Bills.

But now they've just introduced an Omnibus Bill into Parliament.

Confused? Yeah, so am I.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
krocky
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Liberals introduce Omnibus Bill

Post by krocky »

Merry wrote: When Harper was in power the Liberals said they disagreed with the use of Omnibus Bills.
Once elected, they said they would bring in legislation banning Omnibus Bills.
But now they've just introduced an Omnibus Bill into Parliament.
Confused? Yeah, so am I.

Not in the least Merry, the federal Liberals lie just as much as the provincial Liberals do. I think it is in the Liberal DNA..

PM breaks another promise
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#194375
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Liberals introduce Omnibus Bill

Post by maryjane48 »

its simple. i said when harper did it dont be surprised when the libs do it . what comes around goes around [icon_lol2.gif]

Return to “Canada”