Weed law being tabled

What_the
Übergod

Re: Weed law being tabled

Post by What_the »

There are dangers with ingestion of any drug. As another pointed out, there's about 200 cases of acute liver failure attributed to acetaminophen every year in the US, mostly to overdosage through combination of pill and cough syrup or there within similar circumstances. There is citation of a young woman in acute liver failure from 2 regular strength acetaminophen.

Studies on mj are few and biased as it takes criminal exemption from the federal government to even handle and experiment with it. Few and forth coming from the DEA and our body, which I can't remember the acronym right now.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Chyren wrote:I really don't understand the last comment.

If real scientists put forward information it is seen as "a scare tactic" and you suggest that it needs to be presented in an unbiased opinion but who do we feel is that person(s)?

If it comes from the user-base then it is seen as bias and if it comes from science its bias.....

People don't wish to hear A point of view they want to hear someone else provide them with information they want to hear.

I said "Unbiased and meaningfull way". Bias and opinion mean different things. Opinion does not belong in a scientific article, and I don't see any of it there.

Simply saying "xxx can cause xxx" isn't an accurate picture of risk. It's a scare tactic.

I'm sorry, I can't simplify it for you any more than that.

Have you ever heard the term "Lies, Lies, and Statistics"? Same concept applies here. One way they could remove the bias is to actually specify the likelihood of those risks. "Less likely than getting struck by lighting" for example. Or "1 in 1,000,000 will experience this effect". And no, I'm not being dramatic with my examples - that's the ACTUAL real world comparison of the likelihood of the more extreme risks (eg. psychosis).
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Here's another way to look at it.

The article is SUPPOSED to give the reader an idea of risk.

Anyone who's ever done real risk assesments knows that risk assessment comes down to 2 things:
1) how bad the outcome (Eg. Death vs temporary confusion)
2) Mitigating factors (Eg. Only happens to 1 in 1,000,000)

Without considering both of the above you cannot make a true assessment of risk. You can bet your shorts that if the likelihood was 1 in 5 people they'd have included the info. The fact that they are purposely (these are smart people this was indeed done on purpose) not communicating the mitigating factors is a clear indication of bias.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Chyren wrote:Maryjane, I read the article you are referring to and at no time does the article ever state that medical marijuana did anything other than help with the symptoms of her disease and no one is saying that isn't a good thing.

For every story about the benefits of cannabis there's equal stories showcasing the opposite.

If you look at real science you see the short and long term effects of cannabis use and it should not be overlooked by anyone inside or outside the industry.

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/ ... se.html#s1

Understand that its a drug, just like alcohol, and allowing children to access it without medical supervision is dangerous.

There is a huge social responsibility coming next year that will have consequences for everyone, users and non.

Lets hope the users showcase their ability to be responsible and show the rest of the population that they are not the "cheech and chong" type people that people fear.
i dont need look at anything . *removed*

http://www.epilepsy.com/learn/treating- ... d-epilepsy

thats from epilepsy foundation.

and kids can get it before the new law like it was water ,so that point is just silly. facts are weeds going be legal just like booze and smokes . nothing is going to be perfect but its the best we can do to control it . the drug war was waste of money
Last edited by ferri on May 12th, 2017, 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: baiting
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

U.S. researchers say that extremely low levels of the compound THC, the active ingredient in the drug, may slow or halt the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.

Professor Chuanhai Cao, lead author of the study and a neuroscientist at the Byrd Alzheimer’s Institute in Florida, explained that THC decreases the amount of amyloid beta in the brain.

Amyloid beta is one of the factors that leads to Alzheimer’s and researchers are currently attempting to create drugs that could help stop the production of this protein.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... finds.html

lol kills braincells but could halt or slow alzhiemers .
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Some good, some bad. Definite proof we have to be careful and do legalization properly. I'm sure as time goes on and more and more specific tests and tracking are done both more good and more bad will show up. All we can hope is that the good will outweigh the bad in the long term. Definitely not all roses as some would have us believe.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#197828
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

way more good than bad . i would say 100 good to 1 bad . :130:
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Most of the good relates to medical use not recreational. Medical use is already legal. The bad relates to recreational use where it is not used medically or is self medication which is also not right. Therefore I say we have to be very careful in how we do this .

In your opinion most of it is good, in my opinion not so much. Possible impaired driving endangers everyone on the road. Mental problems are also everyones, societies, problems. I will say it again, it is not all roses and should be handled very carefully.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Passion4Truth
Übergod

Post by Passion4Truth »

The truth about cannabis has been suppressed. Lies are still being told.

Here is some TRUTH for anyone wanting to educate themselves on the subject of cannabis. Below is a link to a PDF file with 3753 pages of thousands upon thousands of links to studies and news articles. In 2013, this list already had links to over 15,000 medical studies, it has grown substantially in the last four years.

The first section of the List is links to news articles, so you won’t need a PhD to use the List. Reading a news article about something first really makes understanding the actual medical study much easier! The first studies section is devoted to the more recent medical studies and articles from 2010 to the beginning of 2017. The older studies go into detail about some of the basics (storage of Cannabis, effects on hormone levels etc). The older studies also tend to be easier to understand, so they are a good place to begin your education.
★Granny★

http://beyondchronic.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Granny-Storm-Crow-List-January-2017.pdf
Strange times are these in which we live
 when old and young are taught in falsehoods school. 
And the one man that dares to tell the truth 
is called at once a lunatic and fool 

-- Plato. 

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Smurf wrote:Most of the good relates to medical use not recreational. Medical use is already legal. The bad relates to recreational use where it is not used medically or is self medication which is also not right. Therefore I say we have to be very careful in how we do this .

In your opinion most of it is good, in my opinion not so much. Possible impaired driving endangers everyone on the road. Mental problems are also everyones, societies, problems. I will say it again, it is not all roses and should be handled very carefully.

no we dont . maybe in your mind but in reality your fears are based on a fictional movie that was made for 2 reasons .

first to make black people look like they take advantage of white women by giving them weed . thats racism

second to prevent whitey from using weed they made up a bunch of garbage tried present it as fact

the movie reefer madness .

so just let the experts handle this
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

I think the government is just replacing the tax revenues they've lost from tobacco sales with something else that isn't necessarily safe. Plus, organized crime is already heavily involved in the production of legal pot. Anyone who thought that legalization was going to keep the profits out of the hands of criminals is naive.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

techrtr wrote:I think the government is just replacing the tax revenues they've lost from tobacco sales with something else that isn't necessarily safe. Plus, organized crime is already heavily involved in the production of legal pot. Anyone who thought that legalization was going to keep the profits out of the hands of criminals is naive.

oh realy ? does the mob own liquor distillieries or beer companies ? didnt think so . stop being so daft reefermadness was fiction . end of story . i would love to see you tell parents dealing 2ith kids that have cancer or epilipsey or ms tell them how harmfull weed is . they 2ould laugh you out of their house .
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

medicine made from marijuana, without the stuff that gives a high, cut seizures in kids with a severe form of epilepsy in a study that strengthens the case for more research into pot's possible health benefits.

"This is the first solid, rigorously obtained scientific data" that a marijuana compound is safe and effective for this problem, said one study leader, Dr. Orrin Devinsky of NYU Langone Medical Center.

http://www.theprovince.com/health/marij ... story.html

it was blind study with no one knowing who got what except the doctors runn8ng the tests .
published in new england medical journal ...

so there we have a marijuana medice that has zero mind altering effects , helps kids with severe siezures but cant be bought because of people that continue the reefermadness fantasy .

there is zero rational argument against it
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

MJ you just cannot get it through your head that we are talking about legalizing recreational marijuana which has nothing, zero, to do with medical uses for marijuana which are already legal. Maybe you are already using a bit too much yourself.

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Smurf wrote:MJ you just cannot get it through your head that we are talking about legalizing recreational marijuana which has nothing, zero, to do with medical uses for marijuana which are already legal. Maybe you are already using a bit too much yourself.

no. the issue is weed being legal . you dnt like it. i will pitch in buy you a respirator though . :130:

Return to “Canada”