Nearly half illegal border crossers have criminal records

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Half of Illegals Coming to Canada Are Criminals

Post by Glacier »

JLives wrote:You could switch "Refugees Coming" to "Border Jumpers"?

Yes, you're right, and the CBC must be listening to you too because they changed "refugees" to "illegal border crossers."

Anyway, now that we took two pages to sort that out, maybe we should move on to the actual content of the article. Nearly half have criminal records, but all immigrants, even illegal ones, make Canada a better country. Diversity is our strength. Diversity of views on sex and rape, diversity on criminal records. So diversity. These folks are the victims of Trump, so the only compassionate thing to do is make them Canadian citizens before the next election.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Glacier wrote:
JLives wrote:You could switch "Refugees Coming" to "Border Jumpers"?

Yes, you're right, and the CBC must be listening to you too because they changed "refugees" to "illegal border crossers."

Anyway, now that we took two pages to sort that out, maybe we should move on to the actual content of the article. Nearly half have criminal records, but all immigrants, even illegal ones, make Canada a better country. Diversity is our strength. Diversity of views on sex and rape, diversity on criminal records. So diversity. These folks are the victims of Trump, so the only compassionate thing to do is make them Canadian citizens before the next election.

Re: your first comment: CNN calls them "undocumented" because the other words have negative connotations lol

R: your 2nd comment: That's disgusting and scary
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

fvkasm2x wrote:R: your 2nd comment: That's disgusting and scary

I was being facetious; the scary thing is people actually think like that.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Barney Google
Lord of the Board

Post by Barney Google »

Glacier wrote:...Nearly half have criminal records, but all immigrants, even illegal ones, make Canada a better country. Diversity is our strength. Diversity of views on sex and rape, diversity on criminal records. So diversity. These folks are the victims of Trump, so the only compassionate thing to do is make them Canadian citizens before the next election.

And just whom do you think these new Canadian citizens will cast their votes for? :up:

So what happens to those immigrants that have been waiting and waiting and paying all the

required fees and following the rules?

Anyone putting them up in hotels or paying for their expenses while they wait their turn?
“Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. ”
- Unknown
OldIslander
Board Meister

Post by OldIslander »

Glacier wrote:Nearly half have criminal records, but all immigrants, even illegal ones, make Canada a better country. Diversity is our strength. Diversity of views on sex and rape, diversity on criminal records. So diversity. These folks are the victims of Trump, so the only compassionate thing to do is make them Canadian citizens before the next election.

I am ‘floored’ with your thoughts in this matter -- please tell us you are being sarcastic.

You suggest that we just kiss and make up with potentially hardened criminals, who have elected to bypass the immigration system -- used by honest people from around the world -- and sneak across the border into Canada, effectively jumping to the front of the queue. These criminals might include murderers, rapists, terrorists, and all other manner of hardened felons. All perfect candidates for Canadian citizenship, in your unfortunate and misguided opinion. Good grief....!
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.” Ernest Benn
What_the
Übergod

Re: Half of Refugees Coming to Canada Are Criminals

Post by What_the »

Barney Google wrote:
Bsuds wrote:
I'm pretty sure a ticket home is cheaper than keeping them here!

Dat be tru, Bsuds, dat be tru in the meantime though until that happens,

JT has once again got Canadians by the short and curlies paying for the Canadian Vacation these

trespassers are being treated to... :up:

Sure, until each case goes through the supreme courts to verify we're not sending them back to their deaths.

Did anyone at first thought reading the baited headline, that some may be political prisoners or law breakers because they broke some religious infraction?
After all, we don't see too many refugees from first world countries crossing borders illegally
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

ferri wrote:Here is the title of the article and the subtitle:

Border services officer assaulted by asylum seeker who was detained for criminal past
[i]Nearly half of recent illegal border crossers have criminal records, CBSA union says[/i]

The title of this thread is fine, please stop reporting it. Thanks! :)

The title and the following, from the article, do not match. The word "serious" makes it different. Much different.

"Nearly half of the asylum seekers crossing the Manitoba border illegally in the last few weeks are being detained because of serious criminal records, suggesting the profile of would-be refugee claimants is changing, according to the union representing border patrol officers."

Possession of weed is not "serious" by CBSA but rape is. 10 year old DUI conviction is not considered "serious" by CBSA but murder would be.
Then again I only get this feeling from all the episodes of Border Security. So no real experience just reality TV experience. Grain of salt.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

OldIslander wrote:I am ‘floored’ with your thoughts in this matter -- please tell us you are being sarcastic.

You suggest that we just kiss and make up with potentially hardened criminals, who have elected to bypass the immigration system -- used by honest people from around the world -- and sneak across the border into Canada, effectively jumping to the front of the queue. These criminals might include murderers, rapists, terrorists, and all other manner of hardened felons. All perfect candidates for Canadian citizenship, in your unfortunate and misguided opinion. Good grief....!

They will all vote Liberal, so yes, Canada will be a better place even if they go around raping women and children. Voting Conservative is worse than rape.

P.S. Yes, I was being sarcastic.
- Douglas Murray
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Glacier wrote:I was being facetious; the scary thing is people actually think like that.

I know... which is why I said it was disgusting and scary :-)

OldIslander wrote:I am ‘floored’ with your thoughts in this matter -- please tell us you are being sarcastic.

He's echoing some of the comments made by liberal social media/media in regards to the situation. Those aren't his views
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

OldIslander wrote:
Glacier wrote:Nearly half have criminal records, but all immigrants, even illegal ones, make Canada a better country. Diversity is our strength. Diversity of views on sex and rape, diversity on criminal records. So diversity. These folks are the victims of Trump, so the only compassionate thing to do is make them Canadian citizens before the next election.

I am ‘floored’ with your thoughts in this matter -- please tell us you are being sarcastic.

Good grief is right. Because all the boat people that risk everything fleeing conditions so bad that they'll risk human slavery, prison, separation from family and a very serious possibility of dying, aren't honest hard working people.

Sorry man, that's like a rich person telling a poor person to be patient while they watch you eating a steak and they're malnourished.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
OldIslander
Board Meister

Post by OldIslander »

Glacier wrote:They will all vote Liberal, so yes, Canada will be a better place even if they go around raping women and children. Voting Conservative is worse than rape.

You might want to make your future sarcasm just a touch more clear... I apparently wasn't the only one who missed it... I like clever sarcasm, but I'm afraid yours was just a bit heavy-handed... Your sentence above is ugly; sarcastic or not....
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.” Ernest Benn
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Nearly half illegal border crossers have criminal record

Post by Glacier »

How ugly does it have to be before people finally realize I'm not being serious?
- Douglas Murray
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

OldIslander wrote:
Glacier wrote:They will all vote Liberal, so yes, Canada will be a better place even if they go around raping women and children. Voting Conservative is worse than rape.

You might want to make your future sarcasm just a touch more clear... I apparently wasn't the only one who missed it... I like clever sarcasm, but I'm afraid yours was just a bit heavy-handed... Your sentence above is ugly; sarcastic or not....

Pretty sure glacier was bang on here . Sarcasm or not .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Deean
Fledgling

Re: Nearly half illegal border crossers have criminal record

Post by Deean »

I still don't understand why our law enforcement help them with their illigal crossing, instead of directing them to our legal border crossings. How many of them arrive with legitimate identification or passports, and does this not open the door
for identity theft?
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

jimmy4321 wrote:Maybe we catapult the ones that don't meet security clearance or buss those to the nearest shore, ship them into international waters in a rubber boat.
If the US don't want them whats Trudeau got to do with it. The US don't want Mexicans crossing illegally but they do, and the US sends them back or deals with them in their legal system.

The issue is what do we do with the criminals, CAN/US needs to work something out cause right now we are the dumping ground for the ones the US don't want.
Even in a dream if ALL our borders were manned coast to coast. What do those guys do? crosscheck them with rifles till they turned back lol

HELL!!!!! A bullet will stop them completely. Deserves some serious thought.
Last edited by westbankkid on Apr 16th, 2017, 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Canada”