Nearly half illegal border crossers have criminal records

voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Nearly half illegal border crossers have criminal record

Post by voice of reason »

100% of them should have criminal records because they snuck into the country illegally
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

voice of reason wrote:100% of them should have criminal records because they snuck into the country illegally

exactly, you enter legally or not at all
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Half of Refugees Coming to Canada Are Criminals

Post by the truth »

Bsuds wrote:
Barney Google wrote:Whose gonna pay for the transport, etc. to "send them back"?

I'm pretty sure a ticket home is cheaper than keeping them here!

and that is exactly what they should be doing
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

I don't think Trudeau really cares. He got the positive PR and adulation that he wanted out of this. He'll let the next PM try to fix up the huge mess this is going to create in a few years.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

this mess will be impossible to fix :-X
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Well, not impossible...
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

:spitcoffee: Oh GOD, you're on a roll.

I say send them back. No questions, GONE.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

Meh, this is just something innocuous the Conservatives can get worked up over... time to go hide in their closets and spread their message of fear, division, and xenophobia.

The Cons will of course ignore the fact that Kelowna is near the top of the list for crime stats in Canada. "According to Statistics Canada, the Central Okanagan, with Kelowna being the hub, comes in second overall across the country for the number of crimes reported per 100,000 people at a little more than 8000 complaints. That’s up 10 per cent from 2014." The top five are Saskatoon, Kelowna, Regina, Abbottsford and Vancouver. Wooo Hooo... BC has 3 of the top 5 most crime infested cities in Canada!

Typical Cons, worried and afraid about immigrants having criminal records, yet living in a crime infested wild, wild, west called British Columbia. Hmmm... why is it that crime and poverty seems to run rampant when ever Tories take over governments? Yes, Tory times are hard times!
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
OldIslander
Board Meister

Post by OldIslander »

voice of reason wrote:100% of them should have criminal records because they snuck into the country illegally

While I'm with those believing all border jumpers should be deported, I'm not sure that up until now, all of them must be charged with criminal offences. Certainly some should be charged with illegal entry into our country -- those with criminal records, or others that have tried before and know that it is illegal. Trudeau and his ilk have taken no effort to warn of serious consequences to those planing a crossing. Indeed, the media has shown smiling RCMP officers waiting patiently for new border jumpers at popular crossing points, ready to help carry their luggage and babies.

Our politicians and immigration folks have to get a whole lot more serious about this, and get word out to potential crossers that the consequences will be dire. So far we've been lucky not to get a really bad one, who commits an act considerably more heinous than injuring a border agent.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/ ... -1.4069820
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.” Ernest Benn
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

We have no idea what one or even a few might have in mind for us. Hopefully nothing.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

Smurf wrote:We have no idea what one or even a few might have in mind for us. Hopefully nothing.

Guess you just have to trust that the mentally ill, who function normally every day, all around us are taking their medications. That is not what happened to Vince Li, unfortunately for his victim.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/ ... -1.3977278

My point is; maybe terrorism is not the main threat here, people with untreated mental health issues can be at risk to harm themselves, or others around them. With so many of our mentally ill not receiving proper diagnosis and treatment, you can see why Conservatives tend to lock themselves in their closets out of overwhelming fear. ;)
Periods of cooperation between political parties shouldn't be taken for granted; they are a stunning human achievement ~ Paul Bloom
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

BeingHuman wrote:
Smurf wrote:We have no idea what one or even a few might have in mind for us. Hopefully nothing.

Guess you just have to trust that the mentally ill, who function normally every day, all around us are taking their medications. That is not what happened to Vince Li, unfortunately for his victim.

My point is; maybe terrorism is not the main threat here, people with untreated mental health issues can be at risk to harm themselves, or others around them. With so many of our mentally ill not receiving proper diagnosis and treatment, you can see why Conservatives tend to lock themselves in their closets out of overwhelming fear. ;)

:topic: this is about illegal border crossers
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

BeingHuman wrote:

So you're saying a disproportionate number of Muslims are mentally ill?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

guess so...........
BeingHuman
Board Meister

Post by BeingHuman »

Hardly, this topic "was" about border crossers that have criminal records, but Smurf alluded to; "We have no idea what one or even a few might have in mind for us. Hopefully nothing."

It's that same old Conservative rhetoric, fear foreigners, fear the unknown, fear the niqab, fear other religions, fear, fear, fear. I just suggested that there is more of a likelihood of being attacked by someone with mental health issues, off their medication. Myself, I have no problem with border crossers showing up at our border, why? Because I have every confidence that they will be thoroughly vetted properly by our comprehensive immigration and refugee security and screening systems.

I have no patience for fear mongering and fear mongers, they serve no useful, or constructive, purpose.

Return to “Canada”