PM wants apology from Pope

Justfrank2

PM wants apology from Pope

Post by Justfrank2 »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#197485

Not just an apology. The catholic church should reimburse the Canadian tax payer for all victim compensation claims paid out to date, and be held responsible for any and all future claims. During the time in question, the catholic church and its agents were more powerful than the government and as such wholly responsible for any wrong-doing. To disobey the church was to disobey God.
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: PM wants apology from Pope

Post by Jflem1983 »

Justfrank2 wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-197485-4-.htm#197485

Not just an apology. The catholic church should reimburse the Canadian tax payer for all victim compensation claims paid out to date, and be held responsible for any and all future claims. During the time in question, the catholic church and its agents were more powerful than the government and as such wholly responsible for any wrong-doing. To disobey the church was to disobey God.

Catholic church also built all the hospitals across the West. Our so called government didn't care about the West.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

KGH was built by the Catholic Church?
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Omnitheo wrote:KGH was built by the Catholic Church?

Any part that may have been is long gone, replaced by that of the taxpayers.

Catholic Church has done whole lot of damage in its long history, needs to make restitution in areas they can.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Trudeau is just "grandstanding". If he really cared about indigenous people there are a lot more meaningful things he could be doing.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

The "church" has been the most powerful and influential entity since the fall of the Roman empire, around 2-4 hundred AD.
Kings of Europe were anointed by the church; by the graces of the gods.

I'm personally disgusted by the Vatican and their clutch of power and wealth. Christ on the other hand, I'd drink wine with.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Their coffers should be in continual red, and black by the grace of god.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

And perhaps, I should read the article instead of spouting
neilsimon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by neilsimon »

Justfrank2 wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-197485-4-.htm#197485

What about the schools run by other denominations? Also, if we are going after the Catholic church, how about the estates of the leaders who allowed or were complicit in the setting up of the schools? How about paying the Catholic church for the work done by their priests and nuns?

This is far too complex of a problem to treat with simple answers and while the Catholic church should own up to its place in piece of tragic history, we as a country cannot deny the complicit nature of our representatives too.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Looked into this . The church may not have built our hospital . They started building hospitals In Canada in the late 1600s . Grey nuns in Edmonton was one of the more recent ones . It took over some stuff from Edmonton general hospital . Which was also built by the church in I believe 1896. Many many communities in western Canada and to my surprise Quebec as well . Owe a thank you to the church for building their hospital . Again it is not always government providing these services. For what it is worth the kelowna hospital is built on land donated by the kelowna land and orchard company . Again it was not the government
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

I'm familiar with Grey Nuns. That's interesting.

As for the apology, yes there are other ways to help natives, and it seems we're trying. Doesn't hurt to ask for an apology though. There are numerous nations around the world, and family relatives which are at odds with each other simply because nobody ever wanted to apologize or admit any wrongdoing.

Regarding the "disgusting power of the pope and Catholic Church" well that's what the 30 years war was about, and why Protestantism exists. The current pope though, he's a pretty cool guy. Reached out to his followers to encourage them to do their part to stop climate change. It is our duty as Gods creation to help take care of the world He made for us. He also said that Atheists would be permitted into heaven. I wonder if his includes Omnitheists.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

And by "Canadian Tax Payer" I'm safe to assume that means their coffers?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Return to “Canada”