Nutcase charged

JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Re: Nutcase charged

Post by JagXKR »

maryjane48 wrote:explain why you defend threatts made against females :smt045

Explain why you defend threats against females. Your silence over the threats made to Christy is deafening. Over 5 pages of posts on the topic and nothing from you, curious.
The pot calling the kettle.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
richardclank
Fledgling

Post by richardclank »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Look at the climate change believing idiots who were celebrating on Facebook and Twitter while Fort McMurray burned.

These comments as far as I know weren't threats. Some idiots just made posts saying they were happy about the fires.

The Green Barbarian wrote:In the old days, to send a politician a death threat, you had to write a letter, mail it, and then wait and see if anything happened

Not true. People used to threaten politicians in face-to-face situations and still do. Threats can and were also posted on bulletin boards, mail boxes, and other things.

Regardless, why are you discounting the large numbers of threats made against Notley? You said "who cares" at some point in your post. I'm pretty sure she cares and people who don't want politics to be so hostile and divisive certainly care. Threats are a big deal.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Unfortunately for Notley . A large segment of Canada would love to see her jump off a bridge . Count me into that group . I wouldn't push her . I would encourage her to jump tho
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
richardclank
Fledgling

Post by richardclank »

Jflem1983 wrote:Unfortunately for Notley . A large segment of Canada would love to see her jump off a bridge . Count me into that group . I wouldn't push her . I would encourage her to jump tho

Coercing someone into committing suicide is a crime but thanks for telling all of us of your intentions to try to get Notley to kill herself. Maybe that threat list someone posted should be changed from 19 threats to 20.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

A crime that could end up with that person going to jail for 14 years.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Jflem1983 wrote:Unfortunately for Notley . A large segment of Canada would love to see her jump off a bridge . Count me into that group . I wouldn't push her . I would encourage her to jump tho

That is a crime for sure. We have duty of care to help in anyway possible. Just like that girl who was convicted last week of encouraging her boy friend to get back in the car and finish his suicide.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

It is no doubt terrifying for politicians to be threatened with violence and have hideous things said about their families, including their children. At least Notley can take comfort in the fact that her tormentors are the usual cast of hateful unknowns (nutcases) and that no normal person wishes her harm.

Perhaps if she were the target of the decapitation fantasies of a minor celebrity and the subject of tax-subsidized daily mock assassination enactments that were cheered by elements of the corporate media, it would prompt some to see our current state with greater clarity.
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Here we go again

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/edmo ... -1.4506299

Alberta RCMP have charged a man with uttering threats on Twitter against Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Premier Rachel Notley.

Orion Rutley was arrested Jan. 19 and charged with two counts of uttering threats, RCMP said in a news release Friday.

Notley has faced a barrage of online threats and abuse since her NDP government was elected in May 2015.

In December of that year, online comment pages and Facebook and Twitter feeds were filled with threats apparently made by people angered about Bill 6, government legislation that extended occupational health and safety rules and workers compensation coverage to paid farm workers.

One post on the CTV Lethbridge Facebook page suggested "someone's gotta man up and kill her," while another suggested someone should "put a pitchfork through [Notley's] neck" and a third said "just shoot her already."

The anger and vitriol aimed at Alberta's first female premier has continued long after Bill 6 faded from the news.

Notley was the target of 412 incidents of what was termed inappropriate contact or communication between Jan. 26, 2016 — when tracking of such incidents began — and Dec. 19, 2016, according to statistics released by Alberta Justice early last year.

Twenty-six of those files were forwarded to police for review and possible investigation, Alberta Justice said.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Aaaand again....

http://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4543306

An Edmonton man has been charged with uttering threats on social media against the Canadian government, including Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

Robert Dale Kerr, 41, was taken into custody on Feb. 15 and will appear in provincial court in Edmonton on Thursday, RCMP said in a news release Tuesday.

The RCMP's Integrated National Security Enforcement Team in Edmonton (K-INSET) received information about the threats on Feb. 5, police said.

"K-INSET investigators used evidenced-based and intelligence-led techniques to identify the social media account from which the threatening messages originated," RCMP said.

Further investigation enabled police to identify an address in Edmonton and the individual account holder.

Kerr is charged with one count of uttering threats.

He is banned from being within 500 metres of any place Trudeau may be in attendance.

He is also prohibited from leaving Alberta, and from using any social media sites.

This is the second charge of this type in a month in Alberta.

When will these unhinged right wingers learn? Just another reminder to some of the people on these forums who have voiced some incriminating thoughts of their own. Be careful what you’re putting online.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump

Return to “Canada”