Nutcase charged

Re: Nutcase charged

Postby JagXKR » Jun 29th, 2017, 8:11 am

maryjane48 wrote:explain why you defend threatts made against females :smt045

Explain why you defend threats against females. Your silence over the threats made to Christy is deafening. Over 5 pages of posts on the topic and nothing from you, curious.
The pot calling the kettle.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

The Green Barbarian likes this post.
JagXKR
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 509 posts

Postby richardclank » Jun 29th, 2017, 9:43 am

The Green Barbarian wrote:Look at the climate change believing idiots who were celebrating on Facebook and Twitter while Fort McMurray burned.

These comments as far as I know weren't threats. Some idiots just made posts saying they were happy about the fires.

The Green Barbarian wrote:In the old days, to send a politician a death threat, you had to write a letter, mail it, and then wait and see if anything happened

Not true. People used to threaten politicians in face-to-face situations and still do. Threats can and were also posted on bulletin boards, mail boxes, and other things.

Regardless, why are you discounting the large numbers of threats made against Notley? You said "who cares" at some point in your post. I'm pretty sure she cares and people who don't want politics to be so hostile and divisive certainly care. Threats are a big deal.
richardclank
Fledgling

Liked in: 90 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Jun 29th, 2017, 10:15 am

Unfortunately for Notley . A large segment of Canada would love to see her jump off a bridge . Count me into that group . I wouldn't push her . I would encourage her to jump tho
We don't reach for handouts we reach for those who are down . "Garth Brooks "

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1194 posts

Postby richardclank » Jun 29th, 2017, 10:30 am

Jflem1983 wrote:Unfortunately for Notley . A large segment of Canada would love to see her jump off a bridge . Count me into that group . I wouldn't push her . I would encourage her to jump tho

Coercing someone into committing suicide is a crime but thanks for telling all of us of your intentions to try to get Notley to kill herself. Maybe that threat list someone posted should be changed from 19 threats to 20.
richardclank
Fledgling

Liked in: 90 posts

Postby Fancy » Jun 29th, 2017, 10:52 am

A crime that could end up with that person going to jail for 14 years.
Fancy
The Pilgrim

Liked in: 4941 posts

Postby What_the » Jun 29th, 2017, 3:03 pm

Jflem1983 wrote:Unfortunately for Notley . A large segment of Canada would love to see her jump off a bridge . Count me into that group . I wouldn't push her . I would encourage her to jump tho

That is a crime for sure. We have duty of care to help in anyway possible. Just like that girl who was convicted last week of encouraging her boy friend to get back in the car and finish his suicide.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.

maryjane48 likes this post.
What_the
Übergod

Liked in: 622 posts

Postby d0nb » Jun 29th, 2017, 10:03 pm

It is no doubt terrifying for politicians to be threatened with violence and have hideous things said about their families, including their children. At least Notley can take comfort in the fact that her tormentors are the usual cast of hateful unknowns (nutcases) and that no normal person wishes her harm.

Perhaps if she were the target of the decapitation fantasies of a minor celebrity and the subject of tax-subsidized daily mock assassination enactments that were cheered by elements of the corporate media, it would prompt some to see our current state with greater clarity.
Hearing a "Dog Whistle" -- A hallucination brought on by excessive indulgence in intellect-destroying leftist ideology.

3 people like this post.
d0nb
Board Meister

Liked in: 533 posts

Previous

Return to Canada