Reopening our Constitution

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Reopening our Constitution

Post by GordonH »

Only a damn idiot would want to go down this road again, last time was bad enough.
https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/19 ... nstitution
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Reopening our Constitution

Post by Jflem1983 »

I'm for letting them open it . I'd like western Canada to get some more clout . Quebec can pack her bags and leave if she so wishes . If she would rather stay so be it . Really hope it doesn't turn into another excuse to give more to Quebec ie take more from the west .. likely will be that case given who is steering the ship in ottawa
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
whitecandle
Board Meister

Post by whitecandle »

Quebec has a gift for Canada on its 150th birthday, but the Prime Minister doesn’t want to open it.

Premier Philippe Couillard launched what he says will be a vast coast-to-coast consultation he hopes will end with Quebec’s signature on a constitutional deal recognizing the province’s distinct character and meeting other traditional demands rejected by Canada in the past.

Justin Trudeau wasted no time in shooting down the idea. “You know my views on the Constitution, we are not reopening the Constitution,” he told reporters on his way to a cabinet meeting on Thursday.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/po ... e35174469/
Remember yesterday. Dream tomorrow. Live like crazy today.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

My inner prick is coming out.

Go *bleep* your self Quebec.
My national identity is coast to coast to coast.

The constitution and charter of Canada is the fairest that I know of in the world. You didn't sign because you're sniveling whiny French men wanna bes; with little culture of your own besides fur trading and tobacco.

Don't even get me started on the roll over French who let other's finish the battles they started. Great role models.

And yes, it goes as far back as 1066.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Where do you think the middle finger came from?
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

What_the wrote:My inner prick is coming out.

The constitution and charter of Canada is the fairest that I know of in the world. You didn't sign because you're sniveling whiny French men wanna bes; with little culture of your own besides fur trading and tobacco.

Don't even get me started on the roll over French who let other's finish the battles they started. Great role models.

fyi quebec is almost the only part of canada left with true canadian culture left, to bad you have a problem with that
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

There is only 1 little part of our Constitution I would like to see removed, it's not worth all the other crap that would happen.

oh yes that part I would liked removed, it deals with the Queen so Canada can be truly independent & freed from Queen & the Royals.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Simple solution. You didn't sign it before, you can sign it now and be done with it. HE gets some fame about a late signature to the constitution and can shut up.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

the truth wrote:
What_the wrote:My inner prick is coming out.

fyi quebec is almost the only part of canada left with true canadian culture left, to bad you have a problem with that

The only culture Canada has is intellectualism: engineers, medicinal, imagination, invention.

I don't see the monarch of France in gov't offices and on our currency.

I stand by comments.

Peace sign. If you're French, you'll know what that means ;)
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

What_the wrote:
The only culture Canada has is intellectualism: engineers, medicinal, imagination, invention.

I don't see the monarch of France in gov't offices and on our currency.

I stand by comments.

Peace sign. If you're French, you'll know what that means ;)

He's actually right. If you've ever been to Montreal, Quebec City, or any of the much smaller cities in that province, you should have already witnessed that they have a very strong, historical culture in Quebec.

That you apparently dislike French people is meaningless.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

I haven't been. Admitted. I do however know what I've witnessed here in Canada, and through history, both 2nd gen immigrant and aware, that the culture we have here is from other cultures.

Im not a fan of francophone, mostly because politically they "roll over" if they don't get their way through, in essence, hi jacking.
What_the
Übergod

Post by What_the »

Was just reading a castanet article, and it stated, "Quebec's data is not available". Just like every contest or review that I can think of. Perhaps it's availability heuristics, but the case I can see.

Quebecois and her distinct distinction, can literally go screw her self as far as I'm concerned. It's a pseudo nation within a nation that dictates to the rest of the nation coast to coast to coast.

Just saying, I align with first nations, before the ham stringing.

They can go *bleep* themselves and I'll hunt whales... With the nation's that don't whine like the French, national and international do.

Return to “Canada”